Someone here

Why is the left so sympathetic to Islam?

88 posts in this topic

No Muslims would dare to twist God's words for their nut jobs since they are so fearful of an all-powerful god who know everything in their mind.
There is no God [an impossibility], what really happened is the psychological psychopathic states of the founder or founders has been imputed into the Quran which could trigger evil impulses in the evil prone who are influenced by those verses directly or indirectly.
It is like Hitler writing his Main Kempf and imputing his evilness into it. If anyone were to introduce something like the Quran and its contents at the present, it will never get pass the moral judgment of the average person to influence 1.5 billion people. The Quran compiled in the 7th century unfortunately escaped public censorship when it was accepted blindly by desperate souls searching for salvation.

Note an example of the verse below;

22:39. [Pickthall] Sanction [udhina: permission authorised] is given unto those [Muslims] who fight because they [Muslims] have been ẓulimū* [-ZLM; by infidels and hypocrites]; and Allah is indeed Able to give them [Muslims] victory [naṣrihim]; (* offended, wronged).

As I had stated a believer is subliminally conditioned as if his whole life is held by the thinnest thread by God's hand. To avoid God's wrath, a believer will do whatever to please God to defend God's cause and religion [his means of salvation at stake].
The condition for one to fight and kill is zulimu [ZLM] which cover a wide spectrum of negatives by non-believers toward Islam [believers' vehicle of salvation]. This is why even the drawing of cartoons is felt as zulimu thus a warrant to fight and kill. Do not imaging these raging Muslims are trying to win votes. The fact is the sight of the cartoons invoke terrible feeling of fears and threat to their salvation, eternal life and paradise. This is how their evil impulse and reactions are triggered and they expressed their rage with sanction of their Allah as in 22:39.
Your interpretation of nut cases twisting verses is wrong.
This why the wiser religions like Buddhism and Jainism do not include vulnerable evil laden verses in their holy texts because they are aware of human nature within religions.

Note the above is merely one verse. There are hundreds and thousand of verses in various degrees of evil in the Quran. [note this is a critical point which you need to update with objectively]

The founder of Islam [an individual or group] lacked spiritual intelligence and selfishly included evil laden elements for their own personal interests not aware of its evil consequences to humanity in the future.

Jesus [or group] was wiser in capping the evil elements of the OT with an overriding pacifist maxim, i.e. love your enemies, give the other cheek, etc.
Muhammad or group [spiritually immatured] uncapped the doctrines of the Gospels and reverted to the evils of the OT in active mode and open a pandora box of evils to this day as evident.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Because we want it both ways, we want to respect cultures while not having to deal with them.

Because we want to feel welcoming and tolerant without doing the actual labor of being welcoming and tolerant.

Because we create a society in which our opinions are more important than our actions, because we are narcissists in disguise.

Though it is all built on a genuine recognition that we are not culturally superior to others, except the conservative one of our own culture, which is our biggest contradiction.

So why? It is an aesthetic, a mere apprehension so we don't have to think.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

42 minutes ago, Reciprocality said:

Because we want it both ways, we want to respect cultures while not having to deal with them.

Because we want to feel welcoming and tolerant without doing the actual labor of being welcoming and tolerant.

Because we create a society in which our opinions are more important than our actions, because we are narcissists in disguise.

Though it is all built on a genuine recognition that we are not culturally superior to others, except the conservative one of our own culture, which is our biggest contradiction.

So why? It is an aesthetic, a mere apprehension so we don't have to think.

I am a lefty. A liberal, a Liberal, a bleeding heart softy.

I don't condone the Islam. I wish all religions (including all forms of Christianity and Judaism, along with Islamic faiths) would go straight to hell. Burn all the churches and prayer houses, skin those alive who profess in any stupidity like praying to a god, and deplore and spit on the high priests and shiiit on all god's statutes.

But I don't deplore Arabs, or Islamic faithfuls. I am not Islamophobic. I believe the individual should be given all the equal rights that others enjoy. No matter what their background in religion is.

-Osho

@Someone here Wait, you want to burn churches so that they can build them up again? I am no logician, but that is the conclusion of your premises above.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

My point was quite simple. If you insist that Muslims do not twist the words of the Quran, yet also admit that there are different interpretations by Muslims, then some may view the words as being "twisted" and some not.

The Muslims discussing headscarfs on TV were using direct quotes from the Quran and openly disagreeing with translations/interpretations. I know enough about language to know it is not static, although the written word has remained the same for a logn period of time in the Islamic world, actual spoken language everywhere does change. Langauge is alive and I have seen this in biblical texts too. My fav example is "apolocalypse", because the true meaning is not what most people expect it to be.

How open child rape in the Catholic church in the west and across the globe? How about nuns teaching Africans they won't catch HIV if they believe in god and are pure of heart? The IRA bombings targetted innocent citizens and blasts were set up to have people run from one explosion into another ... and they didn't scream in the name of Jesus or Allah, yet they still did it because the hatred was there and they felt justified in some way. If we look at all the instances of "evil" we see a pattern of human psychology that propogates these things. Islam as much as Christianity could be argued to both fan or douse the flames. Some people will see it more one eay than the other, but none can seriously conclude and say one is worst than the other where some instances are peaceful and others violent.

-Osho

@Someone here I'm sorry but when I read your comment I see pure information, I don't know what to do with it. 

"If you insist that Muslims do not twist the words of the Quran, yet also admit that there are different interpretations by Muslims, then some may view the words as being "twisted" and some not."

What I believe this means, or more so what I believe this to mean is

'The information of their holy book can be interpreted in various ways, and some are also twisting the information willingly.

And that to insist that Muslims have a unilateral interpretation would contradict the evidence that they indeed do not.'

On the below I can merely say 'okay'.

@Reciprocality
So my point is when it is convient you say they cannot intepret the text any way they wish you also say the opposite. Of course to can refute this by using semantics and thus giving an example of the duplicites of language in general.

In the name of Christ people Crusaded to the Middle East raped, murdered, and even ate people. Just because Chiristians don't do so today does not mean their religion is more "moral".

And in the Quran it says, quite clearly (if I "interpret"/"twist" the words) that being the aggressor is against the beliefs of Muslims.

Right now in the world there is a situation where violence is being used and people are using hatred to use an ideology to grind their personal axes.

-Osho

I'll never participate in an islam thread again. It always leads to some controversy and nothing productive, no mutual consensus and a long drab conversation that leads  nowhere. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India
You must clear your ignorance first on what Islam really is by researching and understanding the Quran thoroughly before you can insist your views on Islam are credible.
I am not speculating, I have researched sufficiently to understand that Islam [partially] is inherently evil which is inspiring some Muslims who are evil prone to commit terrible evils and violence as it has happened over 1,400 years ago till the present.

-Osho

@Someone here islam does not have monopoly on violence

British killed 15 millions in india in 2 bengal famines and british were athiests/christians

Hitler killed 6 million jews and he was christian

Joseph stallin killed 20 million people and he was atheist

France killed 1 million people in algeria and france were atheist

Mao tsaedung killed 50 million people and he was atheist

Can u name an islamic person who killed this much people

@Someone here @Someone here 

What Islam’s Critics Don’t Tell You about the Prophet’s Mercy to His Enemies. Source: https://islamicdiscourse.substack.com...

Critics cherry-pick incidents from the life of the Prophet (peace be upon him) showing where he fought and killed his enemies and ignore the numerous times he displayed his mercy toward them. They do not tell you that…

1) The Prophet (peace be upon him) prayed for the guidance (and not the destruction) of the kuffar of Taif who oppressed him [Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Book 59, Hadith 42]

2) The Prophet (peace be upon him) forgave the people of Mecca, despite the years of persecution the Muslims endured under them and the wars they unleashed on the Muslims over the years [Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Book 3, Hadith 112]

3) The Prophet (peace be upon him) agreed to the unfair terms of the Treaty of Hudaibiyah because he desired to spread Islam peacefully and not engage in avoidable fighting.

4) The Prophet (peace be upon him) spared the lives of 80 armed Meccans who wanted to attack him and the Muslims [Saheeh Muslim, Book 32, Hadith 160 & 162]

5) The Prophet (peace be upon him) forgave the murderer of his uncle [Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Book 59, Hadith 399]

6) The Prophet (peace be upon him) forgave the Jewess who poisoned him [Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Book 47, Hadith 786] Eventually, she was killed because a companion died later on from the poison, however before that occurred, the Prophet (peace be upon him) forgave her.

7) The Prophet (peace be upon him) forgave the Bedouin who tried to kill him [Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Book 59, Hadith 458]

8) The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not have Marba‘ bin Qaizi killed, despite him throwing dust on the faces of the Muslim army [Seerah of Ibn Hisham. Read the story in “The Sealed Nectar,” page 159]

9) The Prophet (peace be upon him) prayed for the famine to end before Quraysh reached the brink of destruction [Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Book 60, Hadith 346]

10) The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not kill the Jewish magician Labid b. Al-‘Asam who cast a spell on him [Saheeh Muslim, Book 26, Hadith 5428]

11) The Prophet (peace be upon him) forgave Shaybah ibn ‘Uthman, even though this was during the battle of Hunayn and while Shaybah was trying to kill the Prophet. [Ibn Hisham. Read more here.]

12) The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not kill ‘Umayr ibn Wahb, despite ‘Umayr’s intention to come and kill the Prophet. [Reported in at-Tabarani]

13) The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not kill the Rabbi Zaid ibn Sanah when he disrespectfully spoke to the Prophet in front of the companions. [Reported in Saheeh ibn Hibban, Al-Mu’jam al-Kabeer, and others.]

14) The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not try to kill the hypocrites who tried to kill him during the march to Tabuk. [See: Al-Bayhaqi’s Dalaail an-Nubuwwah]

15) The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not kill those Jews from Banu Nadhir who tried to assassinate him.

16) The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not try to kill Arbad bin Qays and Amir bin at-Tufayl, despite them trying to kill the Prophet. Instead, Allah divinely intervened and took their lives. [Ibn Hisham]

17) The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not kill Dhul Khuwaisira, despite his disrespect when he spoke to the Prophet. [Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Book 73, Hadith 184]

18) The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not kill the Jews who said, “Poison be upon you” [Saheeh Muslim, Book 26, Hadith 5384]

19) The Prophet (peace be upon him) released the captives of Hawazin and Thaqif after the Battle of Hunayn.

20) The Prophet (peace be upon him) accepted the Islam of his enemies and did not kill them, despite their previous crimes. This only shows that the Prophet’s end goal was to spread Islam, not kill for his own ego. Such examples include Safwan bin Ummayah, Abi Sufyan bin Harb, Hind bin ‘Utbah, Abi Sufyan bin Al-Harith, Abdullah bin Abi Ummayah bin Al-Mugheerah, Ka’b bin Zuhayr, Ikrimah bin Abi Jahl, Amr bin al-‘Aas, Khaled bin al-Waleed, ‘Adi bin Hatim, etc.

Edited by itachi uchiha

@itachi uchihaI have mentioned, all evils from all sources must be addressed.
This OP is specifically about Islam thus we should focus solely on Islam and do not bring other topics to conflate and confuse the topic.

I have mentioned many times, my thesis do not blame Muslims [human beings] as the primary cause of all Islamic-related evils and violence. Basically most humans who are evil prone are unfortunately [nature] born that way, they did not ask to be evil prone.
The real culprit and primary cause of all Islamic-related evils and violence is from the ideology of Islam [partly] which trigger the evil gears in those who are evil prone.

Re OP, the regressive left must not be sympathetic to Islam but understand Islam [partially] has malignant and evil elements that are a threat to themselves and humanity.

I think the bottle neck in hindering our ability to move forward in this discussion is your lack of knowledge of the Quran and Islam thoroughly and objectively. I suggest you suspend judgment on all matters related to Islam till you have understood Islam thoroughly.

-Osho

@Someone here

I studied islam for 7 years in my childhood.islamaphobia is a billion dollar industry and there are lot of resource against islam.i think u acquired knowledge of islam from fox news ,sam harris, and other islamaphobic sources

@itachi uchiha 

I am sure you think you have intellectual integrity – but I do not see it - actually quite the opposite. I brought up many issues with Islam today in our world – these issues are not really theoretical – rather they are actual problems. Specifically is Muhammad a philanderer – misogynist – pedophile and a genocidal murderer? Is he an ideal man as Daviddunn professed? Are women in Islam generally oppressed and used as breeding machines? Is Islam taking over the world by numbers? Is Islam a real political movement as part of its theology?

-Osho

@Someone here i donot have time to read all the comments in the post. i do not have enought time to spend in this forum . why dont u write all your issues with islam after this comment and i will look it up and clear your doubt. it will take time as i do not have time.there are many vidoes currently made refuting this false accusations . i will look it up. post your doubts below

for an introduction  see the videos below

@itachi uchiha
The fact is the Quran has various strategies to strive to dominate the world and non-Muslims. One of these strategies is to continually cast terrors on the non-Muslims to keep them in check till they [Islam] execute their offensive strategies to take total control. Such objectives may look like wishful thinking but it is a fact the Islamists [many, not all] are striving very hard and zealously as a divine duty to carry out what Allah wants them to do.

Here is one verse [amongst many] in the Quran that command Muslims to case terrors into the heart of disbelievers, i.e. non-Muslims.

3:151. We [Allah] shall cast terror [R3B: l-ruʿ'ba] into the hearts of those [infidels] who disbelieve because they [infidels] ascribe unto Allah partners [ShRK: ashrakū idols and deities], for which no warrant hath been revealed. Their [infidels] habitation is the Fire, and hapless the abode of the wrong doers [l-ẓālimīna] [infidels].

Muslims are exhorted to carry out terror activities at least twice a year to terrorize to keep them in check to maintain Islam's dominance and superiority.

The critical point here these evil intentions in the Quran are leveraged on an existential crisis and immutable holy texts within the threat of Hell if believers do not comply with whatever is commanded in the holy texts. This is why such religious-based ideology is more dangerous than Nazism, fascism and other ideologies which can be suppressed.

The above strategies is working very well judging from how so many non-Muslims are affected by the real terrors that are committed around the world at present. The effect is subliminal and many non-Muslims [especially the regressive left] are mentally subdued and cowered to be cowards into a state of apathy. [take to 'flight' instead of 'fight'] This mental torture is so bad on their part that they do whatever it takes to silent critiques of the ideology Islam [not Muslims] so as not to aggravate those SOME Muslims to strike more terror.

Meanwhile other groups of Muslims are portraying themselves as victims by pulling the emotions of the non-Muslims. Unfortunately many [especially the regressive left] are taking this bait.

-Osho

My view; the problem is from the Quran [partly] which has loads of evil elements. The Quran is the "constitutional" doctrine of Islam supposedly directly from Allah while the Ahadiths [by humans - subject to Chinese Whisper] are secondary to the constitution.

There it is goes again, terror, terror here, there and everywhere, now in London, then Manchester, way back to 1,400 years ago when Islam was initiated by one or a group of psychopath.

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

your lack of knowledge of the Quran and Islam thoroughly and objectively.

My own knowledge of Islam is also limited (it's a big subject after all). But one point I've learned is the lack of objective, archaeological evidence of early Islam. Of course the Koran, Hadith etc are biased just like other scriptures but apparently there's a shortage of good archaeology and independent historical sources to corroborate it. For comparison, most of what we know about the British Druids comes from their enemies the Romans so you have to make adjustments for the bias. 

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

In the name of Christ people Crusaded to the Middle East raped, murdered, and even ate people.

Sorry but this triggers me when Western Christians alone get blamed for invading the Holy Land. I can't think of any culture in that land which didn't do so by invading and violently conquering its predecessors. Step forward the Israelis, Hittites, Babylonians, Assyrians, Egyptians, Romans, Muslims, Ottomans, Zionists. You probably need to go way back to stone age society to find a peaceful migration! 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@Someone here

it's because muslim's in america are at just about the same advancement as christians in america. and the more petty, simple-minded folks on the left (stage green) make it a point to stick up for all of the little guys in America. Muslims are a huge minority, the little guys. so stage green people in america specifically want them to feel welcome whereas stage blue people "want them out" type of thing and stage orange will just make some immature joke about how they are a terrorist or just as bad as stage blue christians therefore they deserve no mercy when in face if no one stood up for them they may end up being victimized by hate more so than they are (who knows) 

there's a reason for everything from the other perspective