justfortoday

A Detailed Explanation of How, and Why You Are the Only One Conscious

124 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Isn’t this exactly why it must all be simultaneous? ;)  Whatever appears is appearing Now.  

That's something your still imagining to keep the dream of others alive.  There are no others.   You are God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Others are you.

You can put it that way. It's still not solipsism.

Or you could simply say that there are no people. There is only the infinite or God.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's something your still imagining to keep the dream of others alive.  There are no others.   You are God.

I didn’t say there were others. :P I said that all that is appearing is is appearing Now. Which just happens to be everything. And everything just happens to be You.

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

9 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

@justfortoday this is legitimately one of the best posts I have ever seen on this forum... Thank you so much, you have a way of explaining this very concisely and directly. Awesome!!!

Hey @Gregory1 thanks a bunch for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Just now, Gili Trawangan said:

You can put it that way. It's still not solipsism.

Or you could simply say that there are no people. There is only the infinite or God.

We can call it a different term if it makes you feel better and cozy inside.

Let's call it Truth.

You are all alone.

@Inliytened1 I'm aware of that the map is not the terrain. It's just a visualisation of the concept to aid in understanding. 

Constructs are not real but can be useful. Truth is real, but it's not always useful.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's imagination.  There is no film.  Get the projector analysis Leo gave you out of your mind.  That is an analogy and not reality.  What you are is the presen moment and this can't be captured.   The present moment then goes to any lengths to explain or imagine itself away 

I completely agree. But this does not match with what is said here. With an at-length explanation of God imagining reality and then one-by-one experiencing itself. There ist just THIS, right here, right now. Isness. Suchness. Issing. The eternal experiencing or whatever we call it. What about the stories of living one life after the other, others not being conscious (or being conscious)?

4 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

I didn’t say there were others. :P I said that all there is is Now. Which just happens to be everything. 

It's everything.  But this is everything.  What you see before you. Actuality.   What is actual.  All else is imagination.  ALL else.  Imagining there could be other acualities is more Imagination 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, justfortoday said:

You are all alone.

But see, there isn't a self to be all alone.

That's the problem with this perspective. The infinite is not a conscious being who endures eternity forever. The infinite is beyond that. It's beyond consciousness or selves. It is ever fresh, always new. A big bang at every moment. No one is here to be alone.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

5 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

. What about the stories of living one life after the other, others not being conscious (or being conscious)?

Again something you concocted as God.  You have a brilliant mind that can provide backstories until the cats come home.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

If only I am conscious then no one else is experiencing besides me. True.

Still I encounter my past and future self every day. It seems my past and future self are just as alive and conscious as I am. And the future influences the past and the past influences the future. 

If you are going to claim you are the only conscious being then you have to also accept that I am the only conscious being and am just as conscious as you.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Again something you concocted as God.  You have a brilliant mind that can provide backstories until the cats come home.

That's what I mean. This thread is talking about a story of God creating reality and then living it one life after the other.

I just can't see why this should be the case. I just see stories. I thought you agreed with the view of the OP, that's why I asked if you could clarify why such claims are made. I'm open to consider, but all I know is this right here. I'd love to know why and how but I also take into account that it could be a distraction.

13 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's everything.  But this is everything.  What you see before you. Actuality.   What is actual.  All else is imagination.  ALL else.  Imagining there could be other acutalites is more Imagination 

I understand. But that’s Infinity. If I were to deny that, I would be putting a limit on God. And the Now is utterly unlimited in what it imagines.    What is happening now is everything. But everything is Now. It’s pure paradox. 

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

6 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

That's what I mean. This thread is talking about a story of God creating reality and then living it one life after the other.

Ahh..just glanced back.  Yeah..let me address that:

@justfortoday no..this is not an infinite reel that plays over and over again .  That would put a limit on infinity.   You are dreaming that.  You are a dreaming that right now.  Wake up!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Ahh..just glanced back.  Yeah..let me address that:

@justfortoday no..this is not an infinite reel that plays over and over again .  That would put a limit on infinity.   You are dreaming that.  You are a dreaming that right now.  Wake up!

I never said this was a reel that plays over and over again.

You, right now, as God, are imagining new things as you "wonder" the world, which is your own mind. 

I said all lifetimes and possibilities are imagined at once — this is in the ABSOLUTE.

Your life is a single replay of a story already written. 

The same story is not lived twice, it just keeps imagining life after life.

Please do not mis-characterize what I said.

@justfortoday hey man, when I had my biggest awakening, I really felt the ETERNALNESS of God. It has scared me away from awakening. I know this is just conjecture and thoughts now. But that awakening, honestly it made me want to go back to "sleep" forever. Although, here I am still curious lol. I can't describe to anyone how it felt it words, but it felt like I couldn't turn this thing OFF, EVER. And that's what terrified me. Is this some shadow work I need to overcome? Is enlightenment like this for everyone, was it the chemical I used? I really did do anything to delude myself from the solipsistic, eternal KNOWING or Feel I experienced. It's left me unsure if to pursue any further as I really do enjoy the dream. I'm kind of terrified of psychedelics now, when previously they were a very loving and enjoyable thing for me. 

Edited by Godishere

4 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

You, right now, as God, are imagining new things as you "wonder" the world, which is your own mind. 

I said all lifetimes and possibilities are imagined at once — this is in the ABSOLUTE.

Indeed.  Infinity is an Infinite Mind that imagines forever and internally. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Was not my intention <3 , but: 

->

Over and over again was not mentioned as in the same life, but life after life. And you'r saying that's the case. I'm not against you. I just don't see it, and it feels like a story, that's all. I'll have to find out myself :) 

Just now, peanutspathtotruth said:

->

Over and over again was not mentioned as in the same life, but life after life. And you'r saying that's the case. I'm not against you. I just don't see it, and it feels like a story, that's all. I'll have to find out myself :) 

All verbal explication is story.  Words can never encapsulate what is being pointed to here. 

7 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

->

@justfortoday no it doesn't plan it ahead of time and then play it out.  It does both simultaneously.  Other than that what you are saying is accurate. Everything is created on the fly.  Infinity is able to do that.  Infinity doesnt need time.  It creates that.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

All verbal explication is story.  Words can never encapsulate what is being pointed to here. 

Of course ?

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@justfortoday no it doesn't plan it ahead of time and then play it out.  It does both simultaneously.  Other than that what you are saying is accurate. Everything is created on the fly.  Infinity is able to do that.

Exactly. Sorry if I misunderstood someone.