Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Too much good info in this world, how to not get overwhelmed?

14 posts in this topic

There's so much good info, concepts, help, tactics on the internet and else where for spirituality, self help and everything else

There's so much gold on youtube, on this site, great forum posts etc.

But i can't keep all that information, i see gold nuggets, think about them and there's already many new things and i forget about the other ones

How do you not get overwhelmed with all this stuff and actually keep what's relevant to you?

Well this place is on the leading edge I feel when it comes to spirituality, life purpose. Other things like shadow work or "practical" areas is a mixed bag but at least it's open to going in that direction. Is healthy to do research outside of this place. And only you would know what areas of resources you need the most right now. 9_9

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

6 minutes ago, puporing said:

And only you would know what areas of resources you need the most right now. 9_9

Yea i guess there are too many areas i need/want, then i have all those ideas in my head flowing around and get confused  ?

Even just for anxiety/social anxiety/confidence etc. i have many concepts flowing around, some of them competing

9 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

save everything you want on a hard drive, enough stuff for 10 lifetimes. then whenever you need certain info is when you learn it. so lets say a problem comes up in your business like you need to learn sales better then just go on the hard drive and search "sales" in the search bar and then start learning and apply it asap, do the same for the next problem 

that's a decent idea although personally i don't know if i'm structured enough for that

also even to go back to those things as there's always new stuff coming out

There's always a risk that you could die with regrets. All you can do is try to be as authentic as you can to yourself and pursue what you find most meaningful at the time.

Every field is infinitely deep. Just within music, you could say that you want to master every instrument. In language, you could want to learn every language. But there isn't enough time in a lifetime to even do those things, let alone do it all.

Even if you're a famous actor, there's a risk on your deathbed that you'll wish you devoted your time to being an inventor instead, or vice versa.

Just follow your heart and intuition. Shop around to get an idea of what's available for a bit, and then try committing to something for at least a couple months.

Try to picture what your ideal life would look like 10 years from now, and then work backward to see what skills and knowledge you need to get there.

Edited by Yarco

41 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Even just for anxiety/social anxiety/confidence etc. i have many concepts flowing around, some of them competing

This may not be completely resolved through knowing something. It most likely has to do with a lack of being seen and accepted for all of who you are growing up. Therapy can be very useful for this but I get the barrier to access. :/

Unless one day it just occurs to you that it’s a construction :P.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

If it overwhelms you, let it overwhelm you.

But the truth is, at some point it all starts to look like a load of crap.

What you thought as gold was actually crap; what you thought was crap was actually gold.

That's how it is.

@Gnosis well that's just like telling someone trying to chop down a tree for some wood for burning and telling them the tree is imaginary. :P

1 minute ago, puporing said:

@Gnosis well that's just like telling someone trying to chop down a tree for some wood for burning and telling them the tree is imaginary. :P

If the tree is "actually imaginary", I don't see the problem.

Unfortunately, that's imaginary also.

2 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

I get the gold is actually crap thing but when is crap revealed to be gold?

I'm sorry to say, but you don't understand anything.

Next time you take a dump, look a bit more closely! :)

12 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

I get the gold is actually crap thing but when is crap revealed to be gold?

Anything you hold can be dropped!

There isnt so much good information, we live in the misinformation era where we cannot distinguish fake info from the truth, and this is a major problem.

mainly with the diet/food topic:

Some say were healed from cancer, autimmune, and gut diseases with a carnivore diet.

Some others say we need vegetables to be healthy.

Others say that lectins and antinutrients from vegetables block the absortion of the nutrients...

and is a vicious circle... so the only thing we can trust is direct experience and trial or error, elimination experiments to find out what feels better to our bodies...

its sad that with all the internet technology knowledge is still a issue

Verify, verify, verify. Don’t accept the validity of a piece of information just because an authority says so. Or because the information makes you feel good. And you need to ask yourself if that information has any practical use for your situation right now. Understanding and discerning facts from fiction regarding the Higgs Boson is relevant for a physics major, but for a business major, less likely.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Information isn’t good, you are good.

Trying to ‘remember the right things’ is kind of exhausting, while the guidance of emotion is effortless and ever present. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE