thisintegrated

Is experiencing infinity in its entirely inevitable?

35 posts in this topic

Leo often says "you will experience everything, good and bad"

But god has a will, and some experiences are more enjoyable than others, so I don't see why your god-self wouldn't cherry-pick experiences.  Now to answer my own title question.. I'm pretty sure you can never experience infinity, for obvious reasons, so "going through every experience" seems unlikely. But I could be wrong, this stuff rarely makes intellectual sense.

I would imagine you'd start experiencing diminishing returns as you keep having similar experiences, and progress, at the soul level, would slow.

Edited by thisintegrated

Wouldn't God in its infinite state not favour one experience over another? Because enjoyable would be a duality against not enjoyable. From an ego's point of view, I think Leo's quote is right. I haven't had an enlightenment/infinity experience yet but yeah it seem it's inevitable once the ego has died (either naturally or otherwise). What do you mean by "seems unlikely"? It would take a huge lot of intellectual thinking and research and putting pieces together for it all to make any sense. It is the fundamental of reality after all.

"I would imagine you'd start experiencing diminishing returns as you keep having similar experiences" - Again all God really wants to do is experience every possibility. God isn't looking for a "return". I see that as a duality too: getting or not getting a "return".

What kind of stage would you say you're at with the awakening path? Have you or are you thinking of doing something like psychedelics or yoga etc.?

4 hours ago, SavourTime said:

Wouldn't God in its infinite state not favour one experience over another? Because enjoyable would be a duality against not enjoyable. From an ego's point of view, I think Leo's quote is right. I haven't had an enlightenment/infinity experience yet but yeah it seem it's inevitable once the ego has died (either naturally or otherwise). What do you mean by "seems unlikely"? It would take a huge lot of intellectual thinking and research and putting pieces together for it all to make any sense. It is the fundamental of reality after all.

"I would imagine you'd start experiencing diminishing returns as you keep having similar experiences" - Again all God really wants to do is experience every possibility. God isn't looking for a "return". I see that as a duality too: getting or not getting a "return".

God wants to know itself.  By trying to explore every possibility, it would explore basically none.  You could spend trillions of trillions of years exploring a single atom.  Pointless.  Wouldn't teach you anything "meaningful".

4 hours ago, SavourTime said:

What kind of stage would you say you're at with the awakening path? Have you or are you thinking of doing something like psychedelics or yoga etc.?

Yellow/Turquoise centre.  Done psychedelics dozens of time.  Have meditated on and off for a decade.

(Just noticed a typo in the title.  I meant entirety, not entirely)

Edited by thisintegrated

I still need more opinions

Infinity means we will never experience everything, so why not cherry pick the best experiences?  If the goal is to discover ourselves, then surely it would make more sense to have a larger sample size than a smaller one.

While what's "best" might only exist subjectively from a human perspective, we're the ones who give all meaning to everything.  So a "best" determination should be perfectly valid.  Any experience you have will have an experiencer with preferences, so I don't get the "you must be without bias" logic.  Every role God plays is biased.

Not sure if @Leo Gura ever properly addressed this, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by thisintegrated

55 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Infinity means we will never experience everything,

It doesn't mean that.

You ARE Infinity.

so why not cherry pick the best experiences?

That's the kicker: Heaven/Love is when you realize that there is no difference between any experiences, therefore they are all the Best.

When you realize this, you realize Infinite Love.

so I don't get the "you must be without bias" logic.  Every role God plays is biased.

It's not that you must be without bias. It's that no bias exists at the highest levels of consciousness because you are too conscious to see a difference between anything.

To say "you must be without bias" is to say "you must love". And the reason you must love is because that's what God is, and you are God.

- - - - - - -

Awakening/Death is the experience of Infinity in its entirety. But this doesn't mean you live through every life in some linear sequence or some such thing that you imagine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's the kicker: Heaven/Love is when you realize that there is no difference between any experiences, therefore they are all the Best.

I have moved closer to this. I am not sure I would want to awaken so far that I lose having any preferences though. 

Edited by Matthew85

2 hours ago, Judy2 said:

"Best" is 100% relative and a biased judgment. As Leo says, dualistically speaking, God does not have such a bias, God loves everything. The 'good' and the 'bad'. That's what unconditional love means.

We're fucked then. Reminds me of the "if God's all-powerful then he cannot be all good"... sadly, he'd have to limit his absolute self to be all good and that's simply not possible. RIP. Good luck lads, it's a eat or be eaten world for most of us out there. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It doesn't mean that.

You ARE Infinity.

It's not that you must be without bias. It's that no bias exists at the highest levels of consciousness because you are too conscious to see a difference between anything.

To say "you must be without bias" is to say "you must love". And the reason you must love is because that's what God is, and you are God.

- - - - - - -

Awakening/Death is the experience of Infinity in its entirety. But this doesn't mean you live through every life in some linear sequence or some such thing that you imagine.

Can you clarify this last part, as this is what you have insinuated in the past, that each life is a frame on a movie real that god will linearly re-incarnate through

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Heaven/Love is when you realize that there is no difference between any experiences, therefore they are all the Best.

This leads me to a question: It is my understanding that the Awareness behind my human eyes is the same Godhead Awareness that contemplates the whole of Creation at once. Being that the case, the Godhead has to live through "good" and "bad". It is the "feeler" of the horror in the world and also of the magic in it. It is not "human beings" who do it. It is the Godhead who lives through a human being´s carcarss. 

So shouldn´t this lead to progressively "better", "finer", "subtler" levels of embodied existence? Considering it is the Godhead Itself who is living through every individual (we could say only the Godhead exists, actually), how could this not lead to higher and higher states of embodiment, to subtler and subtler levels of beings through to which experience individuality? 

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

On 3/10/2022 at 6:45 AM, Leo Gura said:

Is this your sober state?

Are you living Heaven on Earth currently?

@Leo Gura

Edited by Lunatic

On 10/03/2022 at 5:45 AM, Leo Gura said:

It doesn't mean that.

You ARE Infinity.

But we don't experience this infinity all at once.  Only one life at a time.  

On 10/03/2022 at 5:45 AM, Leo Gura said:

Ok that makes sense, but only in a broad/theoretical sense.  I will need to think about this.

We're rarely in a "god state".  99% of the time we're living with only human-level awareness, and surely that's significant.  The bad experiences are only appreciated after death, so the quality of the life during its course should be important.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated following your reasoning, infinity does not begin or end. so it does not follow a sequential order. you are not at the beginning of infinity, or in the middle, you never started and you will never finish, so it can be said that you are experiencing the totality in this infinite instant

28 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@thisintegrated following your reasoning, infinity does not begin or end. 

I think everyone agrees infinity has no beginning or end.

28 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

it can be said that you are experiencing the totality in this infinite instant

Am I though?  On some level maybe, but not within my limited awareness as a human.

Edited by thisintegrated

3 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Experiencing Infinity is inevitable because you’re already doing it. 

I'm living as a human right now and nothing else because that's the only way to have this human experience.  Now, if infinity can never be approached, how will I experience every possible human experience? To experience infinity, I'd have to at some point experience e.g. my exact same life, but with blond hair, with green hair, etc.  and if I'm going through life in the way I am now, as a limited human, and not experiencing everything at once, then how will I ever circle back and have the same experience but slightly modified?  Infinity isn't a circle, I will never return to where I am now as I'd have to first go through an infinite number of other experiences.

It's the only show in town!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

It's the only show in town!

❤ 

Indeed.

13 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

I'm living as a human right now and nothing else because that's the only way to have this human experience.  Now, if infinity can never be approached, how will I experience every possible human experience? To experience infinity, I'd have to at some point experience e.g. my exact same life, but with blond hair, with green hair, etc.  and if I'm going through life in the way I am now, as a limited human, and not experiencing everything at once, then how will I ever circle back and have the same experience but slightly modified?  Infinity isn't a circle, I will never return to where I am now as I'd have to first go through an infinite number of other experiences.

The Infinity I point to here has nothing to do with experiencing every imaginable variation. It has to do with the fact that experience itself is the only thing which can present anything ever. What is “experienced” now is all there is.  Infinity in the sense I describe = all there is. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

5 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

The Infinity I point to here has nothing to do with experiencing every imaginable variation. It has to do with the fact that experience itself is the only thing which can present anything ever. What is “experienced” now is all there is.  Infinity in the sense I describe = all there is. 

Well yeah, consciousness is nothingness, the only thing with infinite potential.  But that's unrelated.

It's not inevitable.... it's already the case....it's already what's happening.

That's the cosmic joke!

It's so already in your face, that it seems hidden!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi