Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Paul

Intimacy in friendship

11 posts in this topic

If it's not deeply intimate, I wouldn't call it friendship. Connections without intimacy, is acquaintances. 

Like everything else in life, there's a sliding scale. Some friends are very casual, some deep, some in the middle. The level of friendship can't be forced, just go with the flow. But the general rule is, the more you see a person the closer you'll end up.

All stories and explanations are false.

Having had deep friendships. I really wished my current friendship were deeper. Not discover the secret yet I’m afraid.

12 hours ago, LastThursday said:

But the general rule is, the more you see a person the closer you'll end up.

ahhh nice.

3 hours ago, Spiral said:

Having had deep friendships. I really wished my current friendship were deeper. Not discover the secret yet I’m afraid.

same, brother

@John Paul Interesting topic. In my experience the more I expanded my awareness, the more I was open to seeing and exploring deeper aspects of all relationships. When I reflect back now, I see I was only skimming a superficial layer before. 

You can experience it with 'strangers' too. I guess if they're also totally present with you :x.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

3 hours ago, puporing said:

You can experience it with 'strangers' too.

Very true. The more I shed my biases and judgments, the more I was able to feel deep love for everything. If people realized how much their perception of reality was being distorted, they would work hard to correct it. 

@Matthew85 ^_^ Yeah.. I don't know how it happened over time but deconstruction prob played a role. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

it almost seems like it's easier to be intimate with strangers for me. 

unless i took like MDMA or something which idek cause i haven't taken it in forever

23 hours ago, Spiral said:

Love, vulnerability, integrity, boundaries, communicatation and a genuine intent for intimacy 

Disclaimer: Definition is a work in progress 

Edited by Jacob Morres