Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaylimix

Where to live as a homeless ascetic

14 posts in this topic

Anybody has any idea on where can you live as a homeless ascetic?

Location should be somewhere where people are willing to give food or there are wild fruits/vegetables plants around.

I am thinking some place in India such as Rishikesh.

High risk of death and malnutrition but that won't be an issue.

Also there should be other practicing ascetics or like-minded individuals around.

Edited by jaylimix

8 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

why do you want to do that?

Because I don't want to live anymore. Am too tired.

Currently suffering from chronic fatigue and financial difficulties.

Each stage of my life has unsolvable problems that I had to bear with.

Though a specific problems a.k.a. suffering eventually disappears with time, a new one pops up before I can really be experience any peace.

I was so close to achieving financial freedom and traveling the world but I blew that chance, this mistake will follow me for the rest of my life.

I can't get any quality sleep due to noise which creates agitation and anxiety in me, and no matter which place I move to, there were and still has noise.

I feel life is messing with me.

I hear there are many foreigners in Thailand as monks in monasteries. Maybe something worth looking into

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

2 hours ago, jaylimix said:

Because I don't want to live anymore. Am too tired.

Currently suffering from chronic fatigue and financial difficulties.

Each stage of my life has unsolvable problems that I had to bear with.

Though a specific problems a.k.a. suffering eventually disappears with time, a new one pops up before I can really be experience any peace.

I was so close to achieving financial freedom and traveling the world but I blew that chance, this mistake will follow me for the rest of my life.

I can't get any quality sleep due to noise which creates agitation and anxiety in me, and no matter which place I move to, there were and still has noise.

I feel life is messing with me.

hmmm i see

i also have some chronic fatigue going on

and was also thinking about living on the street for a bit (in my country, where there isn't much crime etc.)

just to see how it is, for spiritual purposes and because i'm tired of paying taxes and all that rat race crap

probably won't do it though because people seem to get destroyed on the streets and i do love my bed

Edited by PurpleTree

Wonder if couch surfing is still a thing. ?

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I have had similar thoughts, even with less dire circumstances. This shows that this type of thinking can happen to anyone in any circumstances. 

@Nahm‘s recommendation of starting a dream board is a much better option. Check out his website or posts.

You can move from ego to heart and you will experience a better life.

here is another resource as well:

https://youtu.be/1eObX4aMNvw

please consider moving toward being a conscious creator, rather than taking the reactionary path of homeless asceticism. This path will only be a continuation of unconscious creation.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Try green cities in USA, like Seattle or San Francisco.  
I used to live in Seattle, a lot of food and clothing banks, a tent city, you could just walk around the city and live off it if you wanted to.  Does get rainy, so buy a tent.

3 minutes ago, Loba said:

Try green cities in USA, like Seattle or San Francisco.  
I used to live in Seattle, a lot of food and clothing banks, a tent city, you could just walk around the city and live off it if you wanted to.  Does get rainy, so buy a tent.

i heard @Loba got a dwelling

maybe we can all rent a room there and become blissful

@PurpleTree I did!  After my parents pass away, I will have two small rooms open - the third room will house my small dog breeding hobby - this is like waaaay in the future - if this place is still around I'll put an ad for a few roommates.  I will own the home and the rent will be cheap, in a nice neighborhood, and the house is cute - middle class neighborhood, pet/420 friendly.  But my folks are doing well, so I don't foresee anything happening for another 10-20 years.

Who knows if this place will be around for that long.

I'd go to Thailand and i'd become a buddhist monk. Seriously, i consider it from time to time for myself. :-)

11 minutes ago, Forza21 said:

I'd go to Thailand and i'd become a buddhist monk. Seriously, i consider it from time to time for myself. :-)

Yeah, maybe after a year of monk level meditation @jaylimix would realize that he can get out of his shitty life situation.

Edited by Michal__