Husseinisdoingfine

Is it really fair to call meditation bullshit?

8 posts in this topic

https://actualized.org/insights/explaining-take-down-new-awakening

I mean, the Buddha himself was awakened through meditation. 

What should I do with this info? I'm only 19 and just getting into meditation, only to hear that it's imaginary.

Also, our Gurus aren't awake? What? But a lot of these people are superhardcore. Perhaps they too are withholding all they know.

Also, how do I go back on spiritual progress? Is that possible? Like I can reverse spiritual progress? If possible, tell me how just in case.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@Husseinisdoingfine Not at all! Just do it and see how far you can go.

Also you need to see in which context you say that. Meditation can be good for beginners, but for advanced people there cold be way better methods.

If you feel ready for something more stronger then combine it with psychedelics (if you have informed enough and know the risks)

Edited by OBEler

It's not bullshit, you can awaken to a degree through meditation, but it will probably take you 10 years or more of serious meditation to have any sort of enlightenment experience.

There are different levels of awakening, and the average person won't be able to reach the level Leo is at with even 10 lifetimes of meditation.

It's like saying you can't get physically fit through walking. I guess technically you can, but most people won't walk anywhere near enough or consistently enough to get significant results. Even if you walk for 6 hours a day, you'll never build the same level of muscle or cardio compared to someone who does high intensity interval training for 20 minutes 3x a week. Maybe if you make walking your job, and walk on super-steep slopes and extreme conditions.

The full-time "job" of Buddhist monks is to meditate for 8 - 12 hours a day and they aren't at the level that Leo is now at.

Edited by Yarco

I had an incredible awakening through meditation.  I’ve since had much much deeper awakenings via psychedelics, but at the time, it was incredibly radical, relative to where I was at.  Meditation is useful either way, whether you’re trying to awaken or not.  I still meditate 1-2 hours a day, but not with the expectation that I’m going to have some spontaneous awakening(though that still happens sometimes), but more just to hone in my mind and not have my thoughts cloud my perception so much.  The benefits of doing this are invaluable.  And regular meditation makes having a profound awakening on psychedelics far more likely to happen.  Which, low key, is mostly why I do it. :P 

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

No. Not at all. Meditation is extremely useful. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Whether or not is accurate to say that "meditation is bullshit" is predicated entirely upon your circumstances specifically. And also relative to your desires. If all you desire is to perform better in your life and sleep less then even 20 minutes a day of meditation would be sufficient in most cases. However, if you desire to know the Godhead, meditation will be impotent for you unless you do it nonstop for an extended duration(approximately a minimum of 5 days). And mind-altering substances will be the preferable option, as by popping a pill you can die(not physically/permanently)  and experience infinity with little to no effort whatsoever. Therefore, this would seem the most reasonable way forward for most people seeking awakening.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

I think the "meditation and other common ways people seek enlightenment is bs" statement was referring to how those methods alone will never lead you to the absolute truth. Meditation, yoga, self inquiry, etc are all useful and probably necessary for beginners on the path to awakening but wont get you all the way there

3 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Also, how do I go back on spiritual progress? Is that possible? Like I can reverse spiritual progress? If possible, tell me how just in case.

I can teach you ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.