ZenSwift

HOW is direct Experience nothing? What did he mean by this?

9 posts in this topic

From: Exercise #12: Noticing The External World Doesn't Exist

"Now -- here's a doozy -- notice that you actually DO have a direct experience of absolute reality.

That direct experience is.... NOTHING!"

---

I don't understand. What are some more pointers?

I'll be tripping to these questions. 

Edit: this post might just be my ego distracting me from doing the exercises. 

Edited by ZenSwift

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

When you make some-thing a thing, your creating a boundary between that thing and all other things. 

If you stop labelling, then there is no-thing. 

Like literally the sound of your fridge humming and the feeling of your body will be remembered as inseparable. 

@Judy2

Precisely my girl! ;D 

@ZenSwift

If you you are completely in this moment without any thoughts and you don't label anything that is "experienced" then what is left is this "silenceness" and no content. If you don't label wall with a name wall and you look at it you actually do not know what you are looking to, because that is no particular thing therefore it is nothing. Everything feels empty without any content and ta - da you got this "exercise"

Who told you that "others" are real?

To get a basic idea of it,just refer to deep sleep. In deep sleep, there is no experience of anything that is experienced in the waking and dream states. There is complete absence of all objective experience, leaving only the Reality. This is another form of self inquiry, which is investigating one's experience of the 3 states of waking, dreaming and deep sleep. Deep sleep is the closest to that Reality. Absent of all objective experience, Reality stands alone in itself. If looked at from the waking state, it is commonly said that "I had no experience of anything,not even myself.A complete blank."

That proves to be false when investigated. One, it proves that the self or "I" you take yourself to be in the waking state, is absent in both dream and deep sleep. If that were your true nature, it would carry over with you. The moment you leave the waking state,you find yourself with a new body,in a new world, interacting with completely new objects in the dream state. Then, in deep sleep there is the complete absence of all objective experience (mind,body,world etc.,) yet what is really "you",Consciousness/Awareness remains,standing as that alone.  If it is still said that "I" wasn't conscious/aware,then what was it that knows "there was no experience of anything,a complete blank".  If what is ultimately "you" wasn't there, then that would not be known. You come back into the waking state,and again identify as the body/mind/person which wasn't there,

The inquiry is not needed if one directly experiences being aware while in deep sleep. This is a common experience after awakening. Called Turiya (or the 4th) in Yoga. The inquiry can be a useful tool for those who have not had the realization of true nature. It's the body that needs rest. You, in your real nature, never sleep.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

Just note that,that is a very brief example of the inquiry. The actual inquiry, if taken on, will take some time.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

Thankyou guys for the input. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

"Noticing The External World Doesn't Exist"

That is obvious, as you know everything you have ever known or ever could know is a projection of your own mind.

Anything that's a "thing" will always rely on some form of perception. Perception is what gives things thing-ness. Without perception everything is nothingness, like how mathematics is not made of some sort of "substance". There IS no substance at all. There is only apparent substance (thing-ness) by perception.

I didnt understand it till i took 150ug of LSD,

I think that what you need to understand first is that reality is all your imagination, and then consciousness is all that there is. Try that path first.