Thetruthseeker

The price of spiritual retreats! 10k+

46 posts in this topic

I’m just shocked at how much these retreats can be.. some over 10k 

link here to some psychedelic retreats I was looking into 

https://www.behold-retreats.com/retreats

i understand there can be a lot of costs but surely this is extreme. 
And if one even did get profound insights most could only afford a few experiences 

You look online and psilocybin and Ayauasca you can buy for under £50.

so are these retreat prices genuine, or just a stage orange version of spirituality?  

I wouldn't recommend spending so much money. 

You know if you're living somewhere near the woods, you could construct your own retreat room out of wood at much lesser cost. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Sheep get milked ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Being spiritual these days is expensive 

I would do a trip to antarctica with that type of money, way more spiritual 

Edited by Jakuchu

While these are exorbitant prices, I speculate that there might be some value in doing retreats with other people. Maybe it could help you network with others and gain connections. Or is it only people that you personally know and choose? Like booking a motel room?   

Once I become a multi-millionaire I hope that I won't need to be worried about the price of self-investments like retreats, workshops, etc. 

8 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

Being spiritual these days is expensive 

depending on the resources you choose. meditation is free, psychedelics are relatively cheap as well as solo retreats, contemplation and introspection cost you nothing.

softly into the Abyss...

1 minute ago, Vision said:

While these are exorbitant prices, I speculate that there might be some value in doing retreats with other people. Maybe it could help you network with others and gain connections. Or is it only people that you personally know and choose? Like booking a motel room?   

Once I become a multi-millionaire I hope that I won't need to be worried about the price of self-investments like retreats, workshops, etc. 

Of course there is value in that (but probably not 10k). The value is consciousness resonating with itself in a group, unifying and creating strong levels of Love. The reality of this being not only a practice but a goal of God doing its thing is so undervalued here - because most of us here are loners, let's just face it. Rarely has anything changed me as much as allowing the journey to be shared with others. Even though the work still is mostly happening inside you.

8 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

depending on the resources you choose. meditation is free, psychedelics are relatively cheap as well as solo retreats, contemplation and introspection cost you nothing.

I know, my response was sarcastic ?

They usually have very good resort locations + very good comfy housing, this alone costs a lot. 

Then there are a lot of costs associated with various kind of experts they bring in, they all need some pay. 

They cook usually healthy organic meals for you, that's also a cost, costs are products + preparation work. They are usually pretty savvy at healthy cooking/healthy nutrition

Then you also pay them for their organizational/program creation skill, to set all of it up and for all of it to actually be productive and work well together

Then there is also a spiritual teaching component, that can have a tremendous value, especially considering it is a very intimate environment with a few people here. How much would you pay to get coaches by Leo 1v1 or in small group even besides housing? 

Then, they have all kinda of fees & taxes, which deserves to be mentioned as well

And in then end, they also have to make some profit as well to stay afloat, actually make some money off of it, save for emergencies and to reinvest in their current retreats as well as in new ones

Considering all of the above, it won't sound so expensive anymore, the housing alone is usually 50% or more of the price

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Hello from Russia I appreciate that. 
Maybe there’s a place for these retreats… but surely it must be in the ‘very rare’ category. 
Leo recommends 10’s if not a 100 psychedelic experiences to get the deepest insights. 
well unless you’re a multi millionaire - these retreats aren’t the way forward. Just maybe a once in a decade experience 

And I would rather find a way of doing 50 trips than doing 1, 3 day experience for 10k 

Edited by Thetruthseeker

1 minute ago, Thetruthseeker said:

@Hello from Russia I 

And I would rather find a way of doing 50 trips than doing 1, 3 day experience for 10k 

Are you sure you want to do 50 trips at once? 

That's not healthy. You might want to slow down. 

You're going at jet speed mate. 

@Preety_India ha. I mean In a decade… 

the price for sourcing this yourself vs one of these retreats would mean over a decade you could have 50 experience … vs 1 weekend away with this retreat 

Just now, Thetruthseeker said:

@Preety_India ha. I mean In a decade… 

the price for sourcing this yourself vs one of these retreats would mean over a decade you could have 50 experience … vs 1 weekend away with this retreat 

Yea. I'm not sure if you need that many trips. But in any case the best is to give yourself space and do a few trips till you get there instead of deciding on a fixed number. And that retreat looks like a money pit. Just do a few trips at home. You won't need a retreat for that. 

200 trips x 30mg of 5-MeO-DMT = 6 grams x $150/g = $900

There. Saved you $100,000 and 20 years of gurus bullshiting you with their useless pointers.

@Thetruthseeker also please seek medical advice before starting your trips. Look up online for safety precautions before trip. You sometimes need to be medically "clear" to do those trips. 

Since you already have medical issues. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sheep get milked ;)

Screenshot at 2022-02-11 12-27-43.png

they look happy. maybe the milk was pent up and hurting.

Just now, Baum said:

Sometimes such reviews are paid for and fake. 

You don't know these people personally. 

5 minutes ago, Baum said:

Happy testimonials?

You mean the oldest grift on the internet?

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Happy testimonials?

You mean the oldest grift on the internet?

@Leo Gura How?