Wisebaxter

Playing the Mind Game effectively

35 posts in this topic

I'm referring to Leo's video entitled 'Life, it's all a Mind Game.'

Anyone got any hot tips on how to nail the mind game? The issue I'm having is, who should I use as an example of an effective player? Someone who has Maslow's triangle nailed maybe? 

How do you win the mind game of having an effective mind game? Where do you start? 

Is anyone here acing the mind game like a straight up legend? ? What's your secret? How do you know when you're improving? 

What I'd like is a neat little manual or a pamphlet if anyone has one :) ;)

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter What are you referring to when you say mind game? Are you referring to gaining more mastery over your experience of life?

Wanting to self Actualized is already a certain mind game you are playing.

life is very relative.

what do YOU want, specifically.

then you can work on figuring out what can help you get that.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

1 hour ago, Wisebaxter said:

Anyone got any hot tips?

Mastering the identification of self-deception .. while it's actually happening.

This will take life to a new level.

5 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

I'm referring to Leo's video entitled 'life, its all a mind game.' Sorry I should have made that clear to begin with 

@Wisebaxter Two of the things that helped me the most were cultivating a focused mind and aligning my belief's with my desires. Most of us have very unfocused minds. Our thoughts are running all over the place. You need to learn how to focus your mind and intentions to gain more mastery over shaping your experience of life. Meditation and mindfulness practices help a lot with this. Secondly, your beliefs. Realizing that almost everything you believe is not a universal truth, it is just something you adopted as truth from someone else. Your dominant belief's, assumptions and expectations about yourself, others and the world shape what you call "your life". By doing the work to make sure your belief's and assumptions are aligned with your desires, you begin to gain more mastery over molding and shaping your life experiences. 

Sure everything is a mind game if everything is perceived by your mind. 

But reality is more than just your mind's game. If you are old, you are old. If you lost an arm, you lost an arm.

If you have a illness, you have the illness until it is removed. Little to do with your mind's game. 

Why play mind games when there is an ocean of decency, self-respect and integrity within you? When you are already attracting all that you want?

Surely I’m missing something here because this thread makes absolutely no sense to me. 

Really does depend what you mean, but in my opinion playing mind games is synonymous with denial, monkey mind, manipulation and delusion.  I would self reflect as to why you’re believing you need to, or why you’re going that route in the first place. Seems like there would be a lot of discord in the mental gymnastics sense trying to do this. But again, by this, I mean basically just not being yourself for whatever reason. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Wisebaxter  this guy has really nailed down how to approach things and i've found it really fucking useful

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

@Matthew85

On 04/02/2022 at 8:34 PM, Matthew85 said:

@Wisebaxter Two of the things that helped me the most were cultivating a focused mind and aligning my belief's with my desires. Most of us have very unfocused minds. Our thoughts are running all over the place. You need to learn how to focus your mind and intentions to gain more mastery over shaping your experience of life. Meditation and mindfulness practices help a lot with this. Secondly, your beliefs. Realizing that almost everything you believe is not a universal truth, it is just something you adopted as truth from someone else. Your dominant belief's, assumptions and expectations about yourself, others and the world shape what you call "your life". By doing the work to make sure your belief's and assumptions are aligned with your desires, you begin to gain more mastery over molding and shaping your life experiences. 

@Matthew85Thank you, I got a lot from this. Focus, align your beliefs with your desires and realise there's nothing you hold as true that's objective. It's amazing how much power we have, if only we know how to break out of Homeostasis and sacrifice short term comfort for long term gain. If right now my beliefs are out of sync with what I want, and there's a lot I hold to be true about myself that limits me, I have to spend time doing practices that address that

@Wisebaxter You're welcome! It can take some time to uncover and undo the decades of programming we have adopted as true, but with focus and discipline, you can do it. It's very empowering and exciting when you begin to see how powerful you actually are and how we really can shape this waking dream to be what we prefer. 

On 04/02/2022 at 0:47 AM, Terell Kirby said:

Mastering the identification of self-deception .. while it's actually happening.

This will take life to a new level.

@Terell Kirby Could you give me an example of a scenario where you would spot self deception as it happens? And what would that self deception be? Just a bullshit belief you think is true, or the process of identifying with things? 

23 hours ago, Nahm said:

Why play mind games when there is an ocean of decency, self-respect and integrity within you? When you are already attracting all that you want?

Surely I’m missing something here because this thread makes absolutely no sense to me. 

Really does depend what you mean, but in my opinion playing mind games is synonymous with denial, monkey mind, manipulation and delusion.  I would self reflect as to why you’re believing you need to, or why you’re going that route in the first place. Seems like there would be a lot of discord in the mental gymnastics sense trying to do this. But again, by this, I mean basically just not being yourself for whatever reason. 

@Nahm When you saying 'being myself,' isn't this something that's not set in stone, but something I'm constructing constantly, hence the mind game? Leo has said lots of times that reality is inifinte mind, and this is what I mean by playing the Mind Game, I'm referring directly to his teachings, unless I've gotten something wrong. I can't see how I cannot be myself if my 'self' is all there ever is? If the universe is an intelligent mind, what I'm asking is, how do I create, as the intelligent mind that I am, as skillfully as possibly, in order to self actualise and evolve up the spiral efficiently? Hope this clarifies things for you buddy  

Edited by Wisebaxter

53 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

Could you give me an example of a scenario where you would spot self deception as it happens?

Anything that involves blaming others for your problems in life.

Along with the avoidance of taking full responsibility for the results you are getting.

On 05/02/2022 at 4:57 AM, hyruga said:

Sure everything is a mind game if everything is perceived by your mind. 

But reality is more than just your mind's game. If you are old, you are old. If you lost an arm, you lost an arm.

If you have a illness, you have the illness until it is removed. Little to do with your mind's game. 

@hyruga How can I ever verify if anything I perceive lays outside if my mind, if everything occurs within my mind? When I experience myself as old, that's still a subjective, relative experience, that occurs within my mind? Or is it just the labelling of it that occurs in the mind? Can we differentiate between awareness and mind perhaps? 

Are you saying that there is phenomena and then the perception of that, the labelling etc, is mind activity, but there is. something more primal? 

I always took Leo's teaching to mean that even the sense perceptions are an aspect of mind and so is consciousness itself. If the universe is an infinite intelligence, isn't it akin to a Mind? For me this also explains how reality can shift and distort on a psychedelic. 

There seems to be a lot of people that either haven't watched the video I referred to for this discussion or disagree with its teachings. What kind of cult is this? :D :D jokes 

Edited by Wisebaxter

On 05/02/2022 at 10:15 PM, catcat69123 said:

@Wisebaxter  this guy has really nailed down how to approach things and i've found it really fucking useful

@catcat69123 Thanks dude I'll check him out

22 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

How can I ever verify if anything I perceive lays outside if my mind, if everything occurs within my mind?

@Wisebaxter Good point. I have always been extremely open minded, but also skeptical. I was always questioning everything since I was a child. I never blindly excepted ideas or believed things. I needed to validate them for myself. I have had many Holy Shit Matrix moments over the years researching and experimenting with these concepts. I have no doubt anymore that this supposed solid objective world it not at all what it appears to be. 

Edited by Matthew85

3 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Anything that involves blaming others for your problems in life.

Along with the avoidance of taking full responsibility for the results you are getting.

@Terell Kirby Well said!

On 2/6/2022 at 3:48 PM, Wisebaxter said:

@Nahm When you saying 'being myself,' isn't this something that's not set in stone, but something I'm constructing constantly, hence the mind game?

No. ‘It’s’ quite set in stone. Absolutely.  

Leo has said lots of times that reality is inifinte mind, and this is what I mean by playing the Mind Game, I'm referring directly to his teachings, unless I've gotten something wrong. I can't see how I cannot be myself if my 'self' is all there ever is? If the universe is an intelligent mind, what I'm asking is, how do I create, as the intelligent mind that I am, as skillfully as possibly, in order to self actualise and evolve up the spiral efficiently? Hope this clarifies things for you buddy  

Infinite mind is infinite mind, and not even. There is no other thing or entity, outside of, which can define, infinite mind. However, this does not prevent infinite mind from deluding itself via believing apparent finite thoughts that there is a separate self, which can define infinite mind as life, and life is or as mind game(s). The contingency to perpetuate this belief, is that there are other finite minds, which the conceptual separate self and or finite mind, is playing games with. Truly, one can only ‘play mind games’ with oneself, believing one is playing mind games with others. Just two cents, but listen to the discord, vs overriding it with justifications of projections of the discord of the very infinite intelligence spoken of, onto apparent perception, or, as a concession, a ‘teacher’. Also just two cents, but there is a momentum inherent to such discord, and this does manifest as infinite mind as a multitude of apparent health issues. It’s sneaky & unfortunate, but the ‘life is mind games’ thought attachment can also be employed as justification, for the discord in matters of health, or, simply, well being. 

I’d just write what you want on a dreamboard and allow it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE