Inliytened1

How is reality being created on the fly if you are God cosplaying as a finite being?

133 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@softlyblossoming now, Leo might suggest the opposite, that 'you' are 'doing' everything, as God, and he'd be correct.  

But I defer to Alan Watts-  "Am I doing all of this, or is all of this doing me?"

I don't see a difference. 

30 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@softlyblossoming I might ask you.. 'How do you grow your hair?'   Notice that 'your hair growing' is [part of] what you are.. it's not something 'you' are doing. 

It's Absolutely Effortless to 'be myself'.  I never have to try to do it.  I just am it.  How hard are you trying to be you? How hard are you trying to think right now? How hard are you trying to grow your hair? 

Well, not at all. Thinking is happening. Hair is growing.  You (however you define yourself) are something occurring, not something that 'does things'.  Go ahead and try to stop being yourself.. notice that 'trying not to be yourself' is just more 'you being yourself'.  You are always 'automatically' being yourself, without trying to. You can't stop doing it. 

Being is effortless, and it's the only thing you ever 'do'. 

@Mason Riggle Is dwelling in Being the same thing as moving attention to awareness and then noticing awareness is watching you, like a kind of empty mirror / empty witness phenomenon?

@softlyblossoming there is literally nothing to for you to do, because there is no 'you' who 'does things'.   What does a tree have to do in order to grow it's leaves? Nothing.  It just has to be a tree, which it's already doing, without trying to.

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@softlyblossoming relaxing can happen. 

If you want to relax, there are ways to do that which can occur to you if they do. But if you don't want to relax, you can't cause yourself to want to. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

@Ramu it's just pretending to be someone you're not.  

3 hours ago, Ramu said:

@Inliytened1 what's cosplaying???

@Ramu Cosplay, a portmanteau of "costume play", is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplayers wear costumes and  fashion accessories to represent a specific character. —Wikipedia - Cosplay

So because the ego isn't real, the situation is that God/The Absolute, or that which is real, is merely representing or pretending or playing the role of the ego by adorning our costume (thoughts and feelings) and acting as if we are real (real problems, real relationships, real forum, etc).

On 01/02/2022 at 3:08 PM, The0Self said:
On 30/01/2022 at 8:17 PM, softlyblossoming said:

If I stop thinking thoughts like "I shouldn't be staying up late", does that count as fixing the problem?

Actually, in a sense, yeah.

In my view the most important facet of spirituality (consciousness development) is being clear on what you want. If you want to stay up late, do so... but if you simultaneously want to go to sleep early but also procrastinate and stay up late, this will result in suffering and contraction -- contraction which can be alleviated by being clear on desires. Creating (art; music; writing; etc) seems to be associated a bit with desires becoming more clear. Mindfulness in daily life + doing what you enjoy seems to be a no brainer, but that's not like an authoritative prescription or anything.

@The0Self Thanks. It's great getting so many people's confirmation on this, plus I'm starting to see how the explanations sorta interconnect which is cool.

On 01/02/2022 at 3:41 PM, WelcometoReality said:
On 30/01/2022 at 8:17 PM, softlyblossoming said:

1. If I stop thinking thoughts like "I shouldn't be staying up late", does that count as fixing the problem?

Should and shouldn't comes from the conditioned mind.

If you think that you shouldn't be staying up late you can inquire into the thought like this.

1. "I shouldn't be staying up late"

2. Is this true? Why shouldn't I stay up late?

3. Because I should go up early and I'll be tired if I stay up all night.

4. Question those statements. Are they true? 

5. Do I need to go up early?

6. Yes I have work tomorrow.

7. Is there something wrong with being tired?

8. No, but I don't like being tired at work. I don't perform as well when I'm tired.

9. So if I dont want to be tired at work I also want to go to bed early.

Just an example but you conclude what you want rather than what you should or shouldn't do.

Thanks for such a straightforward and information dense reply, @WelcometoReality. I'll give this a spin when it gets late tonight :D 

4 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

@The0Self Thanks. It's great getting so many people's confirmation on this, plus I'm starting to see how the explanations sorta interconnect which is cool.

Thanks for such a straightforward and information dense reply, @WelcometoReality. I'll give this a spin when it gets late tonight :D 

You're welcome! I'm a bit of a night owl myself. ?

@Inliytened1 I don't understand how the post in OP is addressing the issue.

If I am creating reality how come I am not aware of it?

Not being conscious enough is not a good answer.

There is no other side to the table.

Everything that exists is here in experience except that there is no knowledge of how I am making it happen.

42 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

@Inliytened1 I don't understand how the post in OP is addressing the issue.

If I am creating reality how come I am not aware of it?

Not being conscious enough is not a good answer.

There is no other side to the table.

Everything that exists is here in experience except that there is no knowledge of how I am making it happen.

There doesnt need to be any. It is just something infinity can do. You were never truly finite.  That is an illusion. You are God.  And your doing it now in the present moment.  But otherwise God could not trick itself.  It would be like playing a game with the cheat codes all of the time.  No realism to it.  But it's not being done behind the curtain somewhere else.  It's a mind fuck.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.