Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Why do some sexual jokes work on women and other sexual jokes don't?

25 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So,  my response was "Well, I am looking for some kind of friends with benefits?." She then gave me a weird look and was like "uh....okay, yeah...then I am going to go....bye." 

The problem here is that this is simply a little bit too lame. Because you could very well be perceived as serious and then it can come off as creepy, kind of like you are evaluating whether she'll become your friend with benefits.

I think if you're gonna make a sexual joke in that kind of situation then you have to go all the way and playfully exaggerate (but even this can still go wrong and be perceived as creepy).

Like she says: "...so what brings you here?"

You: "oh nothing all too extraordinary, I'm just looking for a bunch of new sex slaves for my underground BDSM dungeon, you seem sweet btw!"

The second convo could have been a lame joke. Or she was just looking for an excsuse to leave.

Without knowing the context and the whole conversation it is impossible for us to know.

You are doing good! Just continue to get the exercise in!

Check your intentions with each joke. Was it to make her laugh or could it be that you wanted to prove yourself to her?

On 1/12/2022 at 9:10 AM, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura Would you say when there is too much frame it can count as deception? I sometimes feel a bit off when I am playing some persona too rigorously

Because holding a frame is inauthentic and drains your energy.

7 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Because holding a frame is inauthentic and drains your energy.

It doesn't have to be inauthentic.

It's inauthentic if you don't believe your frame, but this is why there is a necessity for inner work that you do at home, so you can actually believe your positive frames and don't have to be limited by your old beliefs (which constitute your frame) anymore.