Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ethanb121

Hey I need help

9 posts in this topic

... So i have pure obsession disorder and lately ive been ... worrying if im going to hell if i dont listen to everything some priest says and i hate religion and its really bothering me and i realize that there is no evidence of hell besides people fear mongering which isnt evidence and no one has came back from death so how would they know

After so called death, there is no heaven nor hell. Heaven and hell is right now. As i can see you are in hell now.

Think of the religion like a multicellular organism, and think of the people who make up that religion like the cells that make up that organism.  And think of ideas against the religion like germs that could kill the cells within the organism. As an organism, the concept of hell is like the religions immune system which keeps people from entertaining certain ideas and thinking for themselves out of fear.  The concept of hell is like religions last line of defense, when everything else fails to keep people in.  

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

So what if you go to hell? If you do then we're all going with you anyway. Stop trying to be an exception!
Religious people kinda have a greed for the perfect afterlife, they sacrifice everything just to get to heaven... :D 

23 minutes ago, Barna said:

So what if you go to hell? If you do then we're all going with you anyway. Stop trying to be an exception!
Religious people kinda have a greed for the perfect afterlife, they sacrifice everything just to get to heaven... :D 

spot on!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

4 hours ago, happyhappy said:

spot on!

Thanks, it's my guilty pleasure to criticize religion :D 

I would be very concerned with what the priest says so that you can get to Heaven in that specific religion and go to Hell in about 10,000 others. You don’t win that game. There will always be tons of belief systems that say you’re going to an unverifiable place of suffering from not following their specific teachings. 

BUT WAIT! Buy my starter course for $5,000. It’s your only chance to make a good living! All other ways of livelihood are GUARANTEED to leave you broke, so follow my plan that is the only proven way (yet I of course have no proof to back up what I say, so have FAITH!) to make it rich. 

Do you see how ridiculous this sounds when extrapolated to a real world example? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Contemplate these ideas more deeply. Where does the concept of hell come from? What are those people's motives, geniuene concern for your soul?

@ethanb121 the problem is not hell but obsession disorder. I have lived like this with 17, 18 ... Every morning I woke up and the madness began. If it's not hell, it's whatever. It is your mind that needs to hold onto something. You are in no man's land, without certainty of anything, without knowing who you are, without anyone who loves you, without anyone you love, without a place you can call home, without anyone you can call a friend, floating in not knowing , but with a need to know. So your mind holds on tight to anything If it is not hell, it will be that you have an idiot face or that you played badly at table tennis in. the important thing is to sink your teeth into something and not let go. the solution? is not easy, but possible: conquer the world

Edited by Breakingthewall