Identity

You are not awake, you are privileged

32 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mulky said:

One more thing...

I had a time when I didn't have to do anything but walk around and zen out, and I was, balls deep in zen, for a few years.  I mean I was gone, from this planet, pretty much, my mind was like  the sky. I was so at peace and equanimous and everything, then guess what?  I had to  do stuff, work, and think at work, and react, and focus, and sort of half focus, etc.  And nobody, at work, cared about my state, there were no policies in place to protect my state, it wasn't on any ones radar, I couldn't ask for help with it.  So guess, what, gradually, and painfully, I got dragged out of zen and into... human activity.  Now, after first hand studying of how all of this works within my own mind... I would be amazed to find any human that could maintain his zen through all of that, or in pretty much any job.  And also, it was extremely painful, even physically, within my whole nervous system.  There was a very real sense I was leaving my natural and graceful way of being in order to maintain my physical survival.  The zen way felt natural, this way, doesn't sit right with my soul, so to speak.  But I do it anyway, still to this day, I can't just bail on my family.  And that is probably how it is for a lot of people.  And please understand I am using the word zen for lack of a better word and not as the literal exact definition of zen.

I don't think every human is meant for the same role.  I actually think some people are supposed to live like that, with help from others, because it does yield benefits to everyone, to have those peaceful frequency holders.  But that is not a role valued by our society right now.  The spiritual lessons that come after that are even stronger than the ones before, but it is very hard and painful.

Sounds good. Think yhere is lot of depth to be found in what you do now. 

"So in a nutshell, inner peace that is an outcome of isolating oneself from difficulty I dont see as virtuous. Inner peace shared and received thru interaction with others is realer to me." 

I agree with that, it is more challenging but I feel it will be worth it.  I like being around people but to feel connected and at one with other people is very scary to me.

Edited by Mulky

You dont need to feel at one with other people. There might a same source but you are you and I am me. We have a relationship. Healthy boundaries are where connection is found and vulnerabilty is made possible thru them.

Sorry I was gone for a day and missed this, thanks Whatever :)

Yay! I love playing the Oppression Olympics! 

But seriously, if people are looking down at others who do not practice the same form of spirituality, this is a clear flaw. I would say that being able to explore Truth is a huge privilege. We should all feel lucky that we have our basic needs met enough to have developed a care for such a thing in the first place. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Being aware definitely helps handling the regular jobs at a better efficiency though.

By being aware of the mental dialogues one can try being more present in the moment while at work rather than being accompanied by an unrelated thought as well, which would only hinder the energy given to the task at hand.

So maybe it is a privilege that anyone and everyone can afford ? 

Edited by Phoenix11

8 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Yay! I love playing the Oppression Olympics! 

But seriously, if people are looking down at others who do not practice the same form of spirituality, this is a clear flaw. I would say that being able to explore Truth is a huge privilege. We should all feel lucky that we have our basic needs met enough to have developed a care for such a thing in the first place. 

If you referring to me, Im not looking down on being aware or different forms of spirituality. Just trying to point out selfishness, blissing out, exclusiveness and dissociation masquarating as love and non self centeredness.

there is peace that's absence of war and there is peace that is equanimity in war

if your practice gives you the former only you have work

spiritual work is preparing you for war not comforting yourself at home

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

there is peace that's absence of war and there is peace that is equanimity in war

if your practice gives you the former only you have work

spiritual work is preparing you for war not comforting yourself at home

What do you mean by war here? Or do you mean actual war?

10 minutes ago, Whatever said:

What do you mean by war here? Or do you mean actual war?

people's selves got to die