Javfly33

If you stop believing you are SPECIAL, would duality collapse?

13 posts in this topic

I think one of the reasons people are not enlightened its because of trauma of SEPARATION.

In the path of healing my ego shadows of hate/shame/unworthiness, etc, I have started to become Conscious that I AM PART OF REALITY.

I would start touching my Hand trying to become Conscious " Here i am! This is me! I am in reality". 

And then It becomes mindfucky, because you start to realize your hand is not separated from the wall or the table. It was just separated in your mind LoL. 

Wondering if i end Up being enlightened By healing my deepest ego trauma ??

Edited by Javfly33

What does you being part of reality do for curing your shame? 

what about enlightenment is connected to healing ego trauma?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

What does you being part of reality do for curing your shame? 

Well its obvious. I have shame because I believe "I am less than Reality". 

If I realize I am as reality as any other human being, I'll stop feeling "as an special individual" (the basis on which the ego is created. ). 

The other day i was walking on a shopping mall fully conscious Im just a piece of flesh moving around like any other. Truly blissful walk. I think for the first time i Didnt experience any kind of social akwardness in a shopping mall fully crowded of Young people ?

@Javfly33 You're not in reality, you ARE reality, including everyone and everything. What you're actually doing is playing a game with yourself to create an identity because if you didn't you would be dead. You play these games like "I am less than reality", as a mechanism for your survival.

Most Christian monks see themselves as just tools or servants of God, probably monks/nuns in other religions are the same. They give up ego, identity, personal desires, but most still aren't enlightened or aware of nonduality.

If you can completely give up separation then by definition you'd be in a non-dual state. But easier said than done, you can't just do it intellectually.

@Yarco there is no separation to begin with! ? That's the illusion of the separate self. There is none. But if you were conscious of this you would be dead.

9 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

If I realize I am as reality as any other human being, I'll stop feeling "as an special individual" (the basis on which the ego is created. ). 

The other day i was walking on a shopping mall fully conscious Im just a piece of flesh moving around like any other. Truly blissful walk. I think for the first time i Didnt experience any kind of social akwardness in a shopping mall fully crowded of Young people ?

Be careful using spiritual truths to deal with unprocessed emotions and trauma. Some people might disagree with me on this but in my opinion all emotional issues can and should only be dealt with on a human level and spiritual truths should not be brought into it, because they end up just being a cover for the emotions, and you think you have worked through them or resolved them but actually they are still there. I'm speaking from experience.

Unprocessed emotions and traumas (especially something like shame which comes from core childhood wounds) need emotional processing and release to be fully healed and integrated. Nothing you tell yourself can substitute for that, it cannot be rationalized away. It might make you feel better on the surface but it won't fully heal you.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

24 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I mean, it’s not obvious to me what you mean. 
Maybe it’s more implicit than I can grok

i think my understanding of shame is more nuanced than thinking I’m less than reality. 
but, I’m sure that’s part of it or maybe even part of the existential basis for other aspects.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Tyler Durden find out and let me know? lol. It was clear to me that once you are fully awake you're too conscious of the illusion of others and the game of life itself. You also realize what Alan Watts meant by "once you get the message hang up the phone". It's all just spiritual ego shit man. I am you, you are me. Zero separation apart from the though attachment and belief in it being so. 

If you burped, would you be full? Not unless you ate prior.

On the other hand, if duality is seen through, a side-effect is no longer believing you’re special.

But the side-effects of seeing through duality probably can’t themselves be used to see through duality. Seems like a nice cheat code — if only it would work.

To see through duality, you simply have to see through duality. How? Simply by desiring the truth more than the false. That’s basically all that’s required. This could maybe be cultivated through attempting self inquiry (or surrendering voluntary action and inaction) as much as possible, until the frustration of not getting anywhere with it prompts you into doing it literally all the time. The activities that seem to prevent you from doing it are simply the attachments standing in the way. In the end, you can’t actually do surrender, because you already are fully surrendered, and that’s exactly where the frustration comes from — you’re trying to do what you are; what is already the case.

Healing trauma is definitely worthwhile though.

Edited by The0Self

16 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

♥️

i sometimes feel ike i’m young vegetables, too ?

No, I have that one taken care of the next one is the fear of death.
I believe I am special, but that it doesn't change the day to day in any way, and it isn't noticeable so whatever someone was seeking from being special they would not find anyways.  It would be a big disappointment. 

Going through the fear of death...
That's ime, where duality would collapse. 

Maybe it's different for each person, idk...