Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amannl3in

I know my life purpose but i will never attain it

37 posts in this topic

I am a female 22 years old from Morocco, want to be a visual/ graphic designer or an illustrator anything related to art but there is no universities or private school where I can study it. I tried to look for something similar to design and I found a private school that teaches interior design but it's located in another city far from where I live. Moving out is not even possible because my father will not allow it due to his religious background and I can't disagree with him.
I am trying to study it on my own but to be good at it you need formal eductions, the self-thought path is not for me I don't want to waste time anymore, I have already wasted 4 years on trying to learn drawing on my own, I learned to shade realistically using graphite pencil but It did not lead me anywhere, I was foolish.
I want to get my career done as soon as possible. I am tired of l being a heavy burden on my parents
The only option left is to study economics for 3 years in a private business school near me I have the money to pay for one year which I saved from my part-time job, for the rest, I am thinking about taking a loan. I am not sure what I am going to decide now. I am very lost.
Leo mentioned in one of his videos that he learned game development by himself if I still remember I don't know how he did it and if it's even possible for me.

My time is very limited I need to find a job as soon as possible I can not stand living with my parent I am very ashamed of myself.
If you have any insight please let me know.

you can self study online with courses and videos until you think you are good enough to present it to some company?

this is what i do with game development myself, although i am not going to present it to some company, i don't give a shit about any of these kids.

Edited by Windappreciator

1 minute ago, Windappreciator said:

you can self study online with courses and videos until you think you are good enough to present it to some company?

this is what i do with game development myself, although i am not going to present it to some company, i don't give a shit about any of these kids.

Are you a game developer?

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Are you a game developer?

No. I was just wondering how Leo learned such a difficult domain by himself. If only I can do the same for the field I am interested in.

17 minutes ago, Amannl3in said:

No. I was just wondering how Leo learned such a difficult domain by himself. If only I can do the same for the field I am interested in.

Sorry I was asking the other poster 

just my thoughts but if you can come up with the thought i can never attain my life purpose that is not your life purpose

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

I would not invest several years into education for some other path you are not interest in. It might be best to just get a job, for the independence. Then you can continue to work on the art. 

There is so many amazing resources to teach you online for free. So many cheap books out there as well. I would not let this be the hurdle that makes you give up. Even then if you have to move to another country even to pursue it, then why not? What's really holding you back from doing the work you want to do? 

1 hour ago, Average Investor said:

I would not invest several years into education for some other path you are not interest in. It might be best to just get a job, for the independence. Then you can continue to work on the art. 

There is so many amazing resources to teach you online for free. So many cheap books out there as well. I would not let this be the hurdle that makes you give up. Even then if you have to move to another country even to pursue it, then why not? What's really holding you back from doing the work you want to do? 

I agree that there are many courses online but I am not ready to take that risk of self-learning anymore. It will take too much time. 

Getting a job is definitely a good advice.  I was already working with a company,  but they are closed for now for some issues I don't know about but they will skip working soon. I am wainting for them to get back to my job. 

My parents are pressing me to get married especially my father, I am working from home but he is not satisfied with my job he is pressuring me to go to university and get a degree to the point where he is not talking to me and treating me like a ghost, this drives me crazy, I feel guilty and ashamed. 

That's why I sometimes don't care about my passion anymore I just want a job that will make me money. 

Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it. 

You can work to get a well-paying job, move out from your parents, and then pursue art afterwards by saving up money and enrolling in a school.

Your LP requires long-term strategy. You won't necessarily be able to do it right off the bat. I had to work in online marketing for 3-4 years (which I hated) to make the money to fund my LP.

Stop blindly obeying your parents. They have no idea what is best for you. You don't have to do anything they say. Just get a job and move out and stop letting them dictate your life.

If you care about your LP you will not let anyone dictate you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can work to get a well-paying job, move out from your parents, and then pursue art afterwards by saving up money and enrolling in a school.

Your LP requires long-term strategy. You won't necessarily be able to do it right off the bat. I had to work in online marketing for 3-4 years (which I hated) to make the money to fund my LP.

Stop blindly obeying your parents. They have no idea what is best for you. You don't have to do anything they say. Just get a job and move out and stop letting them dictate your life.

If you care about your LP you will not let anyone dictate you.

Thank you Leo I really appropriate your advice ?. I will do my best.

Others have already given great advise. But I'll share some of my own thoughts too.

I summarized some important points:

• Realistically you need to become financially independent from your parents to move out. Set this goal for yourself for 2022.

• I understand you say you have no time now. You need to set some things straight in the short term and it's really hard. But once you improve your situation you can start to focus more on long-term goals and experiment. And even fail. It's all necessary.

• I also recommend working on many diverse artsy projects (Small Bets concept in Leo's course if you bought that) once you are able. You can set goals for this too. Such projects can help you learn where your passions and talents are, and eventually perhaps help you earn some money too.

• What would you ideally want to study in university or a school? If you already know it then set that as a goal (even if it takes a few years until you can do it). That might not be possible where you live or in Morroco. I don't know. But I personally know people from India and China who study in the Netherlands or Germany. Of course a lack of money is the biggest obstacle here. Although some people can get a scholarship. Maybe you can work towards getting one? I know ''Holland Scholarship"' (govt program) can give non-EU students about €5000.

• Maybe you can gain some experience by taking an internship or job related to graphic design/illustration? Is that possible where you live? Maybe you can find some opportunities online? And maybe you can find a mentor or someone who was in a similar situation as you. Maybe you can find such a person online.

• Don't spend years in university stuyding something you're not interested in. You will have less time for everything important.

• It's natural to seek approval from your parents. To feel their love. But don't feel ashamed of yourself because of how they view you.

• It's also fine not to focus on your passion in the short-term to make money. But it's better to frame this as a nessecary step towards finally being able to pursue your passion. Might help motivate you.

Anyway I understand your frustration. Your situation doesn't sound that easy.

But keep up your spirit and don't give up!

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

@ItsNick

Thank you for taking time to write such detailed answer, I really appreciate it. okey I will not give up,  I will try my best. 

Start being the rightful authority. It’s wonderful. Allow it. 

“Nobody’s gonna die for me when it’s my time to die”. JH

Don’t pretend anyone’s living for you either. Don’t let yourself pretend or believe that, so to speak. 

There is no assertion. Seems like there is, and there is much to be said for a transitional period. But at the end of the day, someone else’s beliefs don’t have an effect on you at all. You can believe that it does, but without misinterpreting what you are feeling, that kind of believing is no longer possible. So if you feel a certain way, any discomfort in sensation & emotion, start stopping. Before you get caught up in what he or anyone is saying, notice what you’re thinkin & believin, and notice the sensation & emotion are about that. Wouldn’t want anyone out there feelin the love & empowerment of our source, yet thinkin there’s a “problem” which must be “solved”. 

Allow him to have whatever beliefs he likes. And be sure to notice you are as free as well. Step out of any tangos, ideally when seen & felt coming before they even begin… and willingly step into exemplification. 

Also, the framing of life purpose as other than you, as something you could ‘attain’, compared to experience you are consciously creating / this very moment being not separate of that purpose… that is likely already very discordant feeling. It’s separative, or isolating emotionally in terms of communion, or, the creator you truly are which is ever-at-your-back encouraging. That which (ime) you are truly feeling discordant & alignment with. Might be more related to that than dad or anyone else. 

Also on that note, that anyone has any power over anyone else is a con. The only power there is, is that which is within you. When people seem to have power, it’s only due to people believing they do. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 26/12/2021 at 0:25 PM, Amannl3in said:

I am a female 22 years old from Morocco, want to be a visual/ graphic designer or an illustrator anything related to art but there is no universities or private school where I can study it. I tried to look for something similar to design and I found a private school that teaches interior design but it's located in another city far from where I live. Moving out is not even possible because my father will not allow it due to his religious background and I can't disagree with him.
I am trying to study it on my own but to be good at it you need formal eductions, the self-thought path is not for me I don't want to waste time anymore, I have already wasted 4 years on trying to learn drawing on my own, I learned to shade realistically using graphite pencil but It did not lead me anywhere, I was foolish.
I want to get my career done as soon as possible. I am tired of l being a heavy burden on my parents
The only option left is to study economics for 3 years in a private business school near me I have the money to pay for one year which I saved from my part-time job, for the rest, I am thinking about taking a loan. I am not sure what I am going to decide now. I am very lost.
Leo mentioned in one of his videos that he learned game development by himself if I still remember I don't know how he did it and if it's even possible for me.

My time is very limited I need to find a job as soon as possible I can not stand living with my parent I am very ashamed of myself.
If you have any insight please let me know.

@Amannl3in I worked for 3 years building my skills in illustration whilst working a full-time job. I recently was able to quit my job and am now working as a professional illustrator. So I can offer you some good advice here.

1) If you think that going to university is necessary for you then go do that. But my personal view is that it's is not necessary whatsoever. The only major benefit of doing a undergrad is that you get 3 years of critical feedback from teachers and other students. This is the only thing you cannot get else where. I would say its worth paying just for the constant feedback. However, it's absolutely not essential. You can become a professional-level artist on your own. Because thats what I did. 

Firstly you need to get clear on whether you want to be a graphic designer or an illustrator. These are two entirely different paths. Completely different. This will dictate the kind of practise you need to start doing.

You don't need to learn to shade realistically. This is a small technical skill that isn't even necessary to be an illustrator and definitely not to be a graphic designer. You can learn this later on.

2) Start practising. A lot! You need to be putting in at least 1-2 hours of focused undistracted and deliberate practise every single day. If you want to be an illustrator, start by drawing 1000 figures, and then 500 heads and 500 hands. Copy from other artists, copy from anatomy books, draw from imagination, draw from life (videos on youtube or in real life), draw from photographs, draw from imagination etc. I guarantee with 100% certainty that you will be a significantly better artist after drawing 1000 figures. Start drawing anatomically proportioned stick figures. Then practise gesture drawing.

3) Start creating your own projects with briefs. If you want to get ahead of everyone else and speed up your learning curve massively, start by doing brief-based projects. This means either finding existing 'mock' briefs online or just create your own. Obviously these are going to differ considerably if you are doing graphic design or illustration. Very important that you do the projects to completion because this forces you to be creative and make final decisions which will grow you as an artist. 

4) You cannot fail as an artist! Failed projects are never failures. Bad work is never bad work. Some pieces work better than others, but all work is a step forward and a useful set of experiences that will permeate forward into your next projects. So be sure to have this in mind when you make bad work and you get discouraged.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Nahm Your reply reminded me of sadhguru,  when they ask him a direct question he answer in a complicated, in-depth way that you can't even understand his answer Lol.

Thank you for your reply, I am really happy that  you replied to my post 

@Amannl3in

Follow up questions for clarity are allowed. 

In short, let go of the mental constructs you’ve already innocently adopted & adheared to. Vs trying to ‘figure out how to solve the discord’. 

If you don’t wanna look deeper into anything you’re experiencing though, that’s ok. That’s private. 

@Space

Focusing on one thing is definitely an advice I should take beacause I tend to study graphic design and illustration at once.  I never focus on one area because I like them all equally. I should decide on one

It's hard for me to study on my own because I can't stand being alone. But if I found a program online that connect me with a teacher,  mentor or students I would be more than okey even if it's online. I need to do more research.  If you have any course recommendation please let me know. 

You give me a really valuable advices and tge word of encouragement, thank you for taking from you valuable time to reply to my post.  I really appreciate it. 

Edited by Amannl3in

@Nahm I definitely would like to know more. 

Are you saying that I have to let go of the problems I mentioned in my post and not try to solve them? I really don't get what you mean. 

@Amannl3in

You don’t have to. 

You get to. 

Always up to you. 

Consider, mind filled with problem perspective - where oh where can solutions arise? 

See this in direct experience. Fill a cup with water. To the brim. Then add more water, and see what’s happening. 

What is is what is. Averting helps not. 

What will be however, that is in your hands. 

It feels much better to express that you are frustrated, than to hang around in overwhelment. 

The Immutable Laws.

You experience. Preference arises. Focus on wanted. It will be. This will repeat, again & again. 

Dreamboard makes this incredibly obvious and lovingly effortless.