Someone here

Peace of mind

14 posts in this topic

Is peace different from happiness? How do you find your 'peace of mind'?  Asking because I'm not experiencing peace in my life.. Rather I'm living on the fire of worry and anxiety.. 

How is peace connected to detachment? Is it true that the more detached you are.. The more peaceful you are 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You have to figure out the reasons behind your anxiety and worry. Get to the root 

Anxiety is rarely irrational, if at all. 

And if it is, then try to use relaxation exercises and Positivity to get it from the root. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India I didn't ask about anxiety. I asked how to find peace of mind? 

-Osho

@Someone here you will find peace of mind only when you get rid of that anxiety. It's impossible to feel peace of mind if you suffer anxiety. 

You can't have two diametrically opposite states of mind and can't have them co-exist. 

In order for you to find room for peace of mind, you have to first tackle what's bothering you. 

Once you tackle that, then peace automatically follows.. 

It's like water, it won't flow as long as there is a wall holding it back, obstructing it's flow. Once you break this wall, the water will automatically start flowing. 

Find the root of your problems, anxieties, frustrations through shadow work. 

Start it today, because going through the cycle of confronting and solving your problems itself takes like 6 months if you start now. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How is peace connected to detachment? Is it true that the more detached you are.. The more peaceful you are 

Thought detachment. Detach from thoughts which disturb the natural peace, which arises when thoughts are not present. Recognize how thoughts imply that they are about you. Also recognize that your thoughts could never define you. Also recognize that some thoughts simply feel better than others. And also, recognize that you focus on certain thoughts which make you feel bad. And recognize, that you willingly do not focus on thoughts which make you feel better. Recognize how you perpetuate all of this. Typed "recognize" so often, lemme just look up the definition of recognize.

Essential Meaning of recognize:

1) to know and remember (someone or something) because of previous knowledge or experience

2) to accept or be aware that (something) is true or exists

Full definition of recognize:

1: to acknowledge formally: such as

• a: to admit as being lord or sovereign
  • b: to admit as being of a particular status
  • c: to admit as being one entitled to be heard : give the floor to
  • d: to acknowledge the de facto existence or the independence of

2: to acknowledge or take notice of in some definite way: such as

• a: to acknowledge with a show of appreciation
  • b: to acknowledge acquaintance with

3 a: to perceive to be something or someone previously known

3b: to perceive clearly : REALIZE

Juicy, ain't it?

@EmptyVase what do you mean by thought detachment?

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@EmptyVase what do you mean by thought detachment?

I already wrote about it a bit, but there are a few more ways to look at it:

1) Stop believing them blindly. You take a lot of them on faith.

2) Stop clinging to them. Best analogy I can give is from Nahm. You wouldn't hold onto a hot stove if it was burning your hand, would you? Same with thoughts. Let them go by expressing.

3) Scrutinize whether the thoughts about yourself are true, or truer than other thoughts. For this specifically, check out this thread we have on this forum.

4) Feel how thoughts cause a physical reaction in your body (tension, and other uncomfortable bodily reactions). Draw the connection between thoughts and body tension. And then, relax the tense muscles, let the tension go, and do the same with your thoughts.

I mean, you've probably read it a dozen of times already. I won't go super into detail here, but above are two big-ass resources which literally give you everything you need to know. ?

Also consider visiting a psychotherapist or someone who can do one on one guidance with you.

@Someone here I have a lot of success with noticing that there's nothing for me to do.  When I consider what it's like to 'be me', I recognize that I'm always being myself without trying.  It's effortless. There's literally nothing for me to do, which I'm not already always doing without trying.  

What could there possibly be for me to worry about if there is absolutely nothing for me to do about any of it that I'm not already always in the process of doing?  

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

peace of mind is peace from mind

peace and mind is incompatible 

here's a thought

peace of mind

is the choice 

peace or mind

Edited by gettoefl

19 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Someone here I have a lot of success with noticing that there's nothing for me to do.  When I consider what it's like to 'be me', I recognize that I'm always being myself without trying.  It's effortless. There's literally nothing for me to do, which I'm not already always doing without trying.  

What could there possibly be for me to worry about if there is absolutely nothing for me to do about any of it that I'm not already always in the process of doing?  

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

Interesting. Thank you. 

-Osho

@Someone here

The unconscious mind will generate anxiety and worry because it feels threatened by something and it rises to our conscious mind to alert us of this threat which disturbs our peace of mind.

One of the things that threatens the mind is anything that threatens identity and sense of self. The very work of detaching from and transcending identity so expanding awareness beyond just the sense of self threatens the mind's natural inclination to preserve identity and sense of self.

When your mind generates anxiety and worry then you should celebrate because your work to detach from and transcend identity is bearing fruit so the mind is trying to attract your attention back to your sense of self. It wants you to believe those feelings are valid to justify it's sense of self.

It doesn't require deep analysis to find out the source of the anxiety and worry because that's just another way the mind uses to validate the feelings and justify identity. Yes, some may benefit from self analysis but be aware that it can become a fixation and creates more attachment.

There may be some challenges to endure along the way yet eventually the unconscious and conscious mind will find a harmony in just being present and we experience 'peace of mind'.

On 12/21/2021 at 3:17 AM, Someone here said:

Here is an interesting way to think of it:

Peace can also be seen as attachment to the present moment. If you are attached to only the present moment, then no feeling of loss can occur, since the present moment is eternal. 

In this sense, attachment is somewhat illusory, since you can't really escape the present moment, so what exactly are you feeling attached to, if not the present moment? It is the thoughts in your mind, which are of another moment that is not in the present. You are attached to thoughts of some other non-existent moment, which maybe contains elements that the current moment doesn't.

A lot of these negative emotions that stem from the ego use this trick. It will imagine some thought that isn't in alignment with the present moment, and then believe in it, and then that will cause discord and suffering, because the thought itself is not true and does not fit in with reality.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho