askdfjnak

The Paranormal Thread

24 posts in this topic

Post all your wierd and wacky stuff here.

Recently found this video:

... its only a matter of time before I find someone who can energy bend and turn me into an airbender.:ph34r:

If you want a crazy read I reccommend the book Seth Speaks by Jane Roberts

It's a brain bender for sure.

I just listened to "Seth Speaks" on YouTube. WOW! Very interesting way to hear about non-duality and consciousness. @Leo Gura Have you read the book or seen the video (which is just audio)? I stumbled upon it via an Oprah Interview with "Abraham" Esther Hicks, via an Oprah Interview with Adyashanti (who, by the way, has really been inspirational, thank you so much for the referral to his teachings and books, I can see how he has also influenced your teachings. I could see you traveling the world and speaking in Satsangs as he does, I sure would love to be in the same room as you and listen to you speak, sigh....one day, I hope).

@Driven Woman Channeling is a deep rabbit hole. I've cited the Law Of One books before. My opinions about its veracity are still uncertain.

If you're interested in channeling, I think the best course of action is to actually attempt to do it yourself. Otherwise it's just belief which doesn't grow you much. If you become a channel, only them will you know what it's really about. There are many books available which teach you to do it.

But also be ware, your time might be better spent getting enlightened.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ooooooooooooh.   

Chills

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

This is pretty much how I've always seen it.

TLDR: You can only perform "miracles" to such a degree you believe is possible. At the same time you have to respect what others perceive as possible.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

I think channeling is absolutely real, but the person would need to have a very clear and sound mind in order to be accurate about the messages they are getting.  In my experience, the ego really distorts these messages that entities provide because it is like getting a massive amount of nonverbal intuitive information that is uploaded into the brain in a trance-like state.

A messy mind, mental illness and ego do not go hand in hand with it.  For sure.

From what I understand, the entity chooses you, or rather you realize that through a series of events that always have had to be, these lead you to the path of this meeting.  There are some who channel these entities through the meditative visual field, which - I have an active imagination myself, and so I wonder about the legitimacy when others claim that this is channeling.  But then there is the channeling in the outward, physical world.  Which is very different in how it feels.
In this experience, you can channel things when you are in a non-dual state and when you do not identify with anything.  If you are a natural channel, the entity will "speak" through you during these times.  It is called the "hollow bone" state.  One must be clear of mind and emotionally robust.  It is different from psychosis in that the experience comes from an aware and clear mind, rather than from delusion.  The ego then takes this, and deludes it - which his how we see people who sometimes think that they have become God, ect.

How inconvenient that my entity asks things of me with an addiction to thinking and propensity for deep delusion...
If it's done right, channeling/shamanism,ect should set a person free.  I didn't do it right... bahaha. :P 

Edit: @Leo Gura  From what I have read/experienced, it makes more sense to seek Enlightenment first before channeling.  Channeling anything if someone has abnormal psychology can be disastrous.  

Edited by Annetta

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

On 4/4/2017 at 0:22 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Driven Woman Channeling is a deep rabbit hole. I've cited the Law Of One books before. My opinions about its veracity are still uncertain.

If you're interested in channeling, I think the best course of action is to actually attempt to do it yourself. Otherwise it's just belief which doesn't grow you much. If you become a channel, only them will you know what it's really about. There are many books available which teach you to do it.

But also be ware, your time might be better spent getting enlightened.

This is not my direct experience, but from a source which seems authentic:

Entities from other "planes" can gives information to somebody, because those energetic creatures have access to our future (3 or 4 days). This person may think being "medium" but it's just lower energetic entities playing with us.

I won't say I'm well educated on the subject, but it seems suspicious to me:

I'm not dismissing it though.  Just seems fishy.

Edited by username

9 minutes ago, username said:

I won't say I'm well educated on the subject, but it seems suspicious to me:

I was a student of science , raised in an educated atheistic family, fortunately I met few mystics, my suspicions were eradicated.

Edited by Prabhaker

@Prabhaker Do you still question what you've learned?

I sense a trap with some spirituality and mysticism. Obviously, I'm all for its investigation, but I believe the capacity for self-delusion is an ever present trap. I've noticed that some people begin to falsely conflate open-mindedness with accepting anything without serious investigation.

Radical openmindedness not only requires to being open to possibilities, but there is a need for serious investigation and inquiry as well. I'm not saying that you're one of those people or that all mystics are.

However, I suspect many people who get into this stuff just start accepting things and falling victim to their mind's games, cognitive biases and the like.

5 minutes ago, username said:

I suspect many people who get into this stuff just start accepting things and falling victim to their mind's games

Meditation is not for losers , suffering types, but people are attracted in the search of something miraculous, they do want to work hard, they are trying to reach ultimate without risking anything, instantly. Truth is not cheap, to get something higher, courage to lose lower is necessary. For me , meditation is ultimate luxury, if you are already in a valley , journey will be long and arduous.

@Prabhaker I agree with you. That's why I'm treading carefully and investigating deeply, as I suspect many don't.

1 minute ago, username said:

That's why I'm treading carefully and investigating deeply, as I suspect many don't.

Those who are open minded are not wrong, but great courage and patience is needed. Lot of people are attracted towards spirituality, but few succeed. Still I will say from my experience, it is better to fail in spiritual journey, you will gain something, rather than succeeding in mundane life, where you will gain nothing even after you succeed.

@Prabhaker I'm not against open mindedness by any means. I advocate full, as I've said. I'm not quite sure if that's what you picked up.

5 minutes ago, username said:

I'm not quite sure if that's what you picked up.

You sense a trap with spirituality and mysticism. On this path, trust is needed. Trust is a quality in you. A man of trust. it does not mean in what he trusts, but he trusts; that is his innocence. Even if he is cheated because of his trust, that does not matter, because trust is more valuable than any small thing that he has been cheated of. You can take everything from him, but you cannot take his trust.

From their very childhood they have been told, ‘Don’t trust, because if you trust you will be cheated. The world is full of cunning people, so remain alert, don’t trust. Trust only when you have found someone, checked all the possibilities of the person and found that yes, he is trustworthy. Then trust.’

But to trust a trustworthy person has no meaning at all. It is not your quality it is his trustworthiness. But to trust a person who is not trustworthy, you know perfectly well that he is not trustworthy, still you trust, because trust in itself is such a great value that it cannot be lost because of this person’s unworthiness.

The man of trust simply lives out of his trust; whatever happens does not matter. If he is being deceived continuously, then too, it does not matter. Nothing happens to his trust. His trust is something invincible, and that gives integrity. So there is no question of accepting anything or not. The question is of growing trust as a quality of your being.

This path is not for a businessman, this path is for gamblers.