The0Self

Solipsism

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheAlchemist said:

Do you guys make a distinction between

a) ego based solipsism, where the character that experiences separation believes it's own human mind is imagining everything

vs.

b) God based solipsism. Where the ego is seen as an appearance and as a part of Gods mind, but also something muuuch greater than just the finite human mind. 

I think a lot of the sense of fear and aloness towards the idea of solipsism comes from a) and it is usually what is assumed when humans experiencing separation are talking about solipsism.

But do you think this kind of distinction can be made?

Yes, this is a crucial distinction to make.

Ego likes to co-opt solipsism for its own ends. The truth is that ego cannot imagine or comprehend what true solipsism is. It's too radical for the ego to get. Thus the ego constructs strawmen and knocks them down.

42 minutes ago, wildflower said:

It can't be hard to concisely articulate your position? You live in equivocation and opaqueness 

It feels to you that I am being opaque because you are not awake and project your own opaque mind onto me. It cannot be otherwise since you have divided your own Mind into you and me. Since your Mind is divided you cannot fathom Unity of Mind until such time as your Mind actually unifies. So you have divided your Mind and are now at war with me, not realizing that I am you, and that you are actually at war with yourself. And all of this is how you keep yourself divided and asleep. This is what ego is. This is how God cosplays as a human.

Who is God?

YOU!

When you say 'you' 'your' who are what are you referring to at what level? 

You cannot know what "you" refers to without awakening. To know that IS awakening.

I am refering to YOU!, but you don't know what that is yet.

When you get it you will slap your head ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes, you are existence and there is only one, there is only you, nothing else, but! you are existence dreaming a dream, a universe. not one dream, infinite dreams, simultaneously. and those dreams interact with each other. so I am a concrete dream. It is true that only a dream, something that I can transcend and be aware of what that dream is dreaming ... but I cannot stop dreaming, because I am the dream, just as I am the dreamer. well no, since the dreamer is not an "i", the one that is an i is the dream, an unreal "i" that can dissolve at any time without leaving a trace

I would stop calling it solipsism because that word comes with too many assumption, instead I would call it Love. True solipsism is Love. Reality is a strange loop and Love is the ultimate strange loop. Love is a strange loop, I am inside of you and you are inside of me, perfect unity. There can't really be separation, just the illusion of separation which you are busy imagining to keep believing you are a separate entity from Me, which is you.

For instance, when you are inside your room, the entirety of eternity is present in your room, which it isn't really your room but your own infinite Mind. I am inside your room, or wherever else you could be reading this messageright now, because I am your own Mind and obviously you are inside my room because you are my own Mind. Love was always with you all along. That's the message of Leo's video about satisfaction meditation.  

"Cleave a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up a stone, and You will find Me there." - Jesus

On 14/12/2021 at 1:05 PM, Mason Riggle said:

It helps to understand the difference between two different ways people define solipsism.  I use solipsism and Solipsism to make this distinction.

solipsism- I am alone, and everything else is a figment of MY imagination. 

Solipsism- I am alone because there is no 'everything else', it's all me. Everything is being imagined, including distinctions, and this 'imagining' is the ONE thing I am.. Everything.  ALL-ONE.. Al-one.. alone. 

Leo believes the former I think, from what I can discern.

forget solipsism, that's rookie league ... contemplate 

no-one-ism

cause that is what's up, no?

it's not you're here i'm not, you are just gaslighting folks to antagonize them out of your huge ego

remove the word from your vocabulary and then harmony can prevail

you ain't here, have never been

except in so far as we be divine clones in different clothes in an apparently overlapping dream

in which existence inhabits both of us equally, it is not all about you

accord me the respect and dignity i am due by my birthright

solipsism makes for hierarchy which flies in the face of everything existence stands for

Edited by gettoefl

@gettoefl The thread is manly pointing out how many people don't use the actual definition. Solipsism is the view that nothing more than the self (or consciousness) can be known to exist for certain... Which is both falsifiable (just prove that anything exists) and hasn't been falsified (nothing has been proven to exist apart from consciousness). The whole self inquiry process of unknowing or holding onto the clue of 'I am' is basically just holding onto the clue of solipsism. But I think we'd agree the strawmen of solipsism are certainly just more beliefs -- some might actually believe it though, so it's not even necessarily a strawman for colloquial solipsism... But if we take it to be the view that nothing more than the self (or consciousness) can be known to exist for certain, I'd say that's pretty obvious. It certainly doesn't mean that only one person exists lol. There is no actual person.

Edited by The0Self