WokeBloke

Non Existence

116 posts in this topic

Just now, WokeBloke said:

No. But my brain is my brain. So if it's making thoughts then I'm making thoughts.

Yes, the same way you are growing hair.. That is to say, you are not responsible for how you do it. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

Yes, the same way you are growing hair.. That is to say, you are not responsible for how you do it. 

I am responsible for how I do it. I just don't know how I do it. I'll have to look into it some more. 

1 minute ago, WokeBloke said:

I am responsible for how I do it. I just don't know how I do it. I'll have to look into it some more. 

You're responsible, wokebloke isn't though.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

How can you be 'responsible' for something that is happening, that you don't even know how it's happening?  Are you responsible for how your stomach digests food? 

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

You're responsible, wokebloke isn't though.

WokeBloke is my name. Definitely a name is not responsible.

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

I did a little contemplating on my lunch break, while I was driving. 

Thank you. Let's explore this together. ?

I considered, 'how long does non-existence exist?' and the only answer I could come up with, is 'not at all'.

I see. Because if non-existence would exist within time it would exist and therefore be non-non-existence. So if it were it would be timeless or prior to time.

If 'non-existence' is finite, then it is encapsulated by 'existence', otherwise, how would you tell how long non-existence occurred?  If 'non-existence' is infinite, then 'existence' can never be. But existence IS, now.. so I know 'non-existence' can not be infinite.  'Non-existence' can't sometimes be the case, and it can't always be the case.. so I know it's never the case. 

What if non-existance and existance were two sides of the same coin where existence is the 3 dimensions + the dimension of time and non-existence beyond that. 

Wouldn't it make sense that everything comes into existance from non-existence and back into non-existance once it stopped existing?

5 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

How can you be 'responsible' for something that is happening, that you don't even know how it's happening?  Are you responsible for how your stomach digests food? 

I am responsible for my unconsciousness of that.

1 minute ago, WelcometoReality said:

Wouldn't it make sense that everything comes into existance from non-existence and back into non-existance once it stopped existing?

I don't know if that makes more sense than existence being eternal.  Existence is self evident. It's here now.. and it's always now. 

6 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

WokeBloke is my name. Definitely a name is not responsible.

I'm talking about you thinking you're a body/mind arbitrarily named wokebloke, you know that don't try to be a smartass xD

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

I am responsible for my unconsciousness of that.

That's right, otherwise you'd have to realize you're responsible for everything that is happening, cause everything is you xD

God is love

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

I'm talking about you thinking you're a body/mind arbitrarily named wokebloke, you know that don't try to be a smartass xD

That's right, otherwise you'd have to realize you're responsible for everything that is happening, cause everything is you xD

Me being responsible for everything that's happening would require a 'me' which is separate from 'everything that is happening'.  

"I am.  Ohhhhh.. I AM!" - Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

I haven't had direct experience of being anything beyond the body yet. I mean I have thought about being everybody and the implications deeply and see it as a possibility that can't be dismissed.

What do you recommend? 

@WokeBloke if you think 'you' are 'the body'.. consider how 'you' would change if you cut off your hand.. 'you' remain, pretty much in tact.. are you 'your hand', or do you remain even without 'your hand'.. 

IF you ARE your hand.. are you not also 'your experiences'?  Don't my words 'change who you are' similarly to how 'losing your hand' changes who you are? 

Do you see how 'you' are defined by all of the things which are not you?  Can you see how there really isn't any difference? Two sides of the same coin. ;)

16 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WokeBloke if you think 'you' are 'the body'.. consider how 'you' would change if you cut off your hand.. 'you' remain, pretty much in tact.. are you 'your hand', or do you remain even without 'your hand'.. 

IF you ARE your hand.. are you not also 'your experiences'?  Don't my words 'change who you are' similarly to how 'losing your hand' changes who you are? 

Do you see how 'you' are defined by all of the things which are not you?  Can you see how there really isn't any difference? Two sides of the same coin. ;)

I see your point but it seems to me I am perceiving/experiencing the body with the body as the body. 

"You are not controlling the storm, and you are not lost in it.. You are the storm." - Sam Harris

I see your point but it seems to me I am perceiving/experiencing the body with the body as the body. 

And isn't that happening all by itself? Is there a separate 'you' somewhere making that happen?

11 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Me being responsible for everything that's happening would require a 'me' which is separate from 'everything that is happening'.  

"I am.  Ohhhhh.. I AM!" - Leo Gura

There is a you, it's God.

And it's everything, so there is no separation at all.

Your quote seems about right, it's the biggest mindfuck of all to realize this xD

God is love

And God in them

13 hours ago, Judy2 said:

@WokeBloke

I would suggest the same. Thoughts, as all other form, are an expression of formlessness/Source/Infinite Potential.

This.

There's no difference between a car and a thought, or an emotion and a brain, both are equally objects. These are all somethings.

And the Subject, is void, nil, nothing. Which is without limitation, hence infinite (NOT finite).

When an object is not perceived, including """mind""" things like thoughts not just "matter", it is undifferentiated from the Subject because it is nothing and the Subject is ALSO nothing.

That is it.

I don't know if that makes more sense than existence being eternal.  Existence is self evident. It's here now.. and it's always now. 

Yeah you're right. It would be senseless because the senses appear within existence. ?

imagine there is no existence. impossible to imagine, but let's say you can. somehow existence arises, as we know without a doubt it is. this existence that has arisen, has nonexistence as its border, but nonexistence does not exist. so this existence simply exists. no time. It is here, now, always. it always was, since an instant is always. will always be. in this eternal instant. can nonexistence absorb it in some way? impossible as it exists. it does not need to be fed, nor resist, nor pass. it simply is, with no possibility of not being, since it is, if it ceased to be, if it entered the black hole of non-existence, it would continue to exist, because it once existed, and that once is the only thing there is, it cannot escape from there, because there is no later. So relax and enjoy the eternity

16 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

imagine there is no existence. impossible to imagine, but let's say you can. somehow existence arises, as we know without a doubt it is. this existence that has arisen, has nonexistence as its border, but nonexistence does not exist. so this existence simply exists. no time. It is here, now, always. it always was, since an instant is always. will always be. in this eternal instant. can nonexistence absorb it in some way? impossible as it exists. it does not need to be fed, nor resist, nor pass. it simply is, with no possibility of not being, since it is, if it ceased to be, if it entered the black hole of non-existence, it would continue to exist, because it once existed, and that once is the only thing there is, it cannot escape from there, because there is no later. So relax and enjoy the eternity

I start to understand why Leo advocates 5-meo through our asses.

God is love

And God in them