Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Theprofessional

How to Accomplish Massive Goals???

25 posts in this topic

I have a goal that is about 8-10 years away, but it is so daunting I don’t even know where to begin.

I am visualizing it every day, and this has led to a little bit of action, but not much. Anyone else been in this position, or are in this position right now?

The only goal is to live fully in the present moment. ;)

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

You need to adopt the mindset of doing deep work. That's how you become great and masterful at something. I study VFX myself and although it's not completely what filmmaking is about entirely, the process of mastery is the same for both fields. If you want to become a great filmmaker, you need to dedicate some years of your life to working fulltime on that goal with minimal distraction. You'll have to make it your priority. What kind of filmmaker do you want to be? Something like Sam Kolder? Or more commercial type stuff like Parker walbeck? Do you have an example of a filmmaker you like and resonate with and want to base your style on? Your style doesn't have to be the exact same, but its important to pick a point of reference that you can use to build your own unique style from and expand on that. 

If you want to become a good filmmaker, you need a theoretical foundation that teaches you about the equipment you need, how to use it to generate the type of content you want. You also need to master after effects and premiere pro if you want to get to a really high level. there's many courses for that. But the most important part is of course planning trips to practice your skills and try to put stuff together. Learning filmmaking for me is one of the things that is very challenging as it gets you out of your comfort zone. What you can do is plan a trip to a cool country with nice atmosphere and shoot some cinematic content there. You can also practice making videos with your friends and family. Or look for another student who is learning filmmaking and practice together. there's endless options but what matters the most Is practice. but also the necessary theory to make the most out of practice. You need to be strategic and confident about this stuff. When you really believe in yourself and you put in the necessary work, you'll really manifest this stuff into your reality and you'll become a great filmmaker. 

If you feel like you procrastinate a lot and can't put in the work, ask yourself if there are hidden motives or if this is really what you deep down want and resonate with. If you feel like it is what you want but you can't get to work, you need to get yourself away from the sources of quick dopamine release that you are hooked on. spending time away from electronics, eating more clean food, and spending time in nature with barefoot can help with that. Read deep work from cal Newport. Its a good book for understanding how to work effectively towards a goal. indecisiveness will get you nowhere. 

Just focus on your breath and do one step at a time. doubling a penny over 30 days gets you more than 10 000 000. Its the principle of compounding interest that gets you to a high level. So chill and maybe start with some stockfootage and make some cool edits of those and make yourself proud doing those. keep it simple in the beginning. But keep it consistent. Each day for 4-6 hours without distraction.

Edited by JonasVE12

@JonasVE12  Wonderful answer, thank you. You're right, the most important thing is practice. VFX is fascinating. I just started watching Corridor breakdown videos, and I'm realizing how important it is to understand the properties of light and how it behaves in different environments.

1 hour ago, JonasVE12 said:

indecisiveness will get you nowhere. 

“Sometimes doing nothing very often leads to the very best of something.” — Pooh

2 hours ago, Theprofessional said:

nooooo!!! That is a non-answer!!! C’mon, man.

It actually is the answer lol. How are you gonna achieve the goal of being a great filmmaker if your life isn’t connected to the present moment? If you just focus on making the most of your life now and live it fully in the present moment, and you won’t have to worry about your goal. How can you make the most of this moment right now so it can lead you on the path of becoming a filmmaker? Become a disciple to what you love. See my post on Discipline is Ratshit- The Art of Blissipline for more. May peace be with you.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

22 hours ago, Theprofessional said:

I have a goal that is about 8-10 years away, but it is so daunting I don’t even know where to begin.

I am visualizing it every day, and this has led to a little bit of action, but not much. Anyone else been in this position, or are in this position right now?

Write what you want to experience on your dreamboard. 

There is no need to think about it. 

Simply write it and you’re done. 

Then just do stuff you really enjoy. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

this is a common issue. i would search something along the lines of, "overwhelmed by large goal", or something that articulates your issue even better. 

Forget the destination( goal ). and focus on the journey.take excessive care of the journey.the journey should be your goal.if u take care of the journey, the destination(goal) will take care of itself

@Jacob Morres man this actually helped so much, thank you. It’s so obvious but it never occurred to me other ppl go through this type of thing all the time

@Theprofessional it take 4 years of daily work to love the journey

For example contemplate for 5 min on loving the journey every single day and within 2 or 3 years u can love the journey

Make a Plan based on what other people have done to accomplish your goals,

Build your Discipline to get the work done,

Use Affirmations in order to tap in your new reality with your subconscious mind.

To track the progress on your discipline and goals you can use the Pomodoro Technique, and if Affirmations feel that are not enough you can also join a religion.

Edited by Alex_R

On 11/12/2021 at 7:35 PM, Theprofessional said:

I don't believe in 10 year goals.

As a rule of thumb, when someone describes something they would like to achieve, but set the timeframe as 5-10 years from now, I assume that they are actually procrastinating because they don't feel worthy of achieving it sooner, or because the amount of change in identity they would have to go through as a person, scares them.

And I empathize with that.

It won't be any less scary 10 years from now, my friend.

Putting it off that far into the future makes it feel safe, but it also makes it into a fantasy that doesn't require real work today.

@Theprofessional  Scratch that goal.

What do you need to do in the next 12 months to become the best filmmaker you can be within 1 year?

Once you have that defined, how can you accomplish half of that in the next 3 months?

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy  The "goal" is to make a no-budget movie for about $5,000 and shoot it with a small team over the course of 6-12 months. It's not because I don't FEEL worthy achieving it sooner, it's because I'm literally NOT "worthy". I absolutely don't have the skills necessary to begin working on that right now. I first have to work for 8-10 years, studying filmmaking through trial and error, before I can even think about beginning that project. It's not about it being "scary", it's that I'm simply not experienced enough to do it.

57 minutes ago, Theprofessional said:

I first have to work for 8-10 years, studying filmmaking through trial and error, before I can even think about beginning that project. It's not about it being "scary", it's that I'm simply not experienced enough to do it.

You shouldnt have to work 8-10 years just to make a $5,000 movie. Maybe youd have to work that long to secure $5million to make ur movie, but there have been people with way less experience make solid films with under $10k. They just obsessed over how they could make the best movie they could with their limited budget, skill, crew, etc. Like they genuinely thought they would die if they couldnt create their movie. Thats obsession and dedication