Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fadious

How many years does it take to learn game?

12 posts in this topic

Just to get a realistic expectation. I'm completely novice and I'm willing to put in the work, but how many years does it take to become good at game? How many nights am I supposed to be going out every week?

3 hours ago, Fadious said:

Just to get a realistic expectation. I'm completely novice and I'm willing to put in the work, but how many years does it take to become good at game? How many nights am I supposed to be going out every week?

This depends so much on you and your background and your constitution (psychologically) etc.

Let's say if you are average in most regards (looks, intelligence) and currently still inexperienced with women, it would be reasonable to expect it to take three years or so. I don't think you have to necessarily go out many nights per week, but therefore you should have at least a bunch of daygame interactions most days of the week.

It also depends on what you consider to be "good at game". If you're talented you could also have decent results after maybe a year, but these results will probably still lack consistency. 

If you want to pull 9s and 10s regularly you may still have to do more work even after 5+ years in the game, but if you're that ambitious you may never fully quit game anyway :)

@Fadious It depends on a lot of factors.

What was your upbringing like? How much experience did you have being social and with women growing up? How is your self-esteem? How is your career going? Where do you live? How much of a social circle do you have already? Etc etc

If those questions were all negative for you, then you’re gonna have some work cut out for you. The more of those boxes you tick the easier it likely will be for you.

For the average guy, I’d say you could start seeing noticeable results in a couple months to a year if you’re hitting it hard. You may also get a lot of smaller wins before then.

Ever play football manager with genie?

Your ability will drop with age even if your knowledge stays the same. 

Obviously if you are 60 year old, no matter what game knowledge you have, your game ability is less than that of a 30 year-old in general.

So yeah, you will learn game for a long time until one day, you decided to stop gaming. And your ability will keep dropping if you don't revise.

A lot longer than you imagine.

Being truly good at game takes serious work.

It's less a function of time and more a function of how many quality approaches you're doing.

But you don't have to be good to get some cool results. You don't have to be anywhere near good to land a hot girl. Luck eventually just skews in your favor if you approach enough. One day a girl will slip on a banana peel and fall on your dick if you approach enough.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@aurum

On 12/5/2021 at 6:00 AM, aurum said:

If those questions were all negative for you, then you’re gonna have some work cut out for you.

Shit lol. What if they're all negative?

@Leo Gura

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

One day a girl will slip on a banana peel and fall on your dick if you approach enough.

This is my only hope. I'm going to start setting some banana peel traps. 

Banana_Bunch.jpg

Or, like... develop some game.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

:( Just goes to show that no matter what the idea is, some other fucker has had it before and done it. Even if that fucker is a turtle. Bowser must be getting a lot of pussy. :( 

7 hours ago, bloomer said:

Shit lol. What if they're all negative?

Then it’s time to get to work.

It will take longer for you to get results but they will come. Be stupid, overly excited about even small victories. This will create positive reinforcement and encourage you to keep going.

Do your best to honestly assess your situation and any mistakes you’re making, but then let it go. If you’re too hard on yourself you’ll burnout quick and want to quit. Practice self-love here.

You can’t control the hand you were dealt, but you can make the choice to do your best and create your future. And fuck everyone who doesn’t understand that.

On 12/4/2021 at 10:42 PM, Raze said:

If you find it’s difficult to implement the advice, like if someone says to make more eye contact or stand up straight and you can’t do it fast, that can be a sign of deeper psych problems you can address with therapy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2HACKbFu8

Thank you for pointing me to David Tian. I don't have any severe social issues. I'm very social and have great emotional intelligence. However after my one and only girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me, I realized that I might have some deep rooted issues. She never really had any physical attraction to me, but was hoping she would develop those feelings over time. Poor thing even tried to convince herself that she was asexual...

I discovered that I am a "Nice Guy" 

Seems like David Tian's Rock Solid Relationships is exactly the program I need to heal my psychological baggage of feeling needy, unworthy, and having an achievement based self-esteem. 

I will also be reading and implementing the exercises in the books (No More Mr Nice Guy) and (Not Nice).

I'm afraid that learning game will just further repress those issues.
I will prioritize healing my Nice Guy syndrome, but I guess I can learn some Game at the same time.

Thank you everyone else for your input, it puts things into perspective. Slow and steady wins the race!