Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

Is there a subject?

24 posts in this topic

So I would have to say that "There is experiencing" which consists of seeing, hearing, feeling, thinking, walking, eating, etc.

In addition if experiencing refers to what is currently happening then it is undeniably that there is experiencing.

The question is whether there is a subject of experiencing.

Does experiencing happen to anyone?

Does anyone know about experiencing?

A subject could be defined as that which is affected by or knows about experiencing.

Certainly no word/thought is having an experience because words and thoughts do not have bodies.

So what do you think? Is there a subject? Why or why not?

Edited by WokeBloke

Enlightenment reveals the questioner is an illusion.

It's the end of questions and answers.

God I hope you become enlightened soon!!

Joke!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 minute ago, VeganAwake said:

Enlightenment reveals the questioner is an illusion.

It's the end of questions and answers.

God I hope you become enlightened soon!!

Joke!

❤ 

lol so the questioner is the answerer

Easy question to ask yourself:

Have you seen the subject? If so, what does it look like?

If not, Why do you assume it exists to begin with? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

What would it be subject to?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

Easy question to ask yourself:

Have you seen the subject? If so, what does it look like?

If not, Why do you assume it exists to begin with? 

I see people in the world and regard them as subjects so yes I see the subject. The subject looks like you right?

Stop spamming the forum with armchair philosophical questions every 30 minutes.

Thank you very much !

:) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

What would it be subject to?

If there is a subject then it would be the subject of experiencing.

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

I see people in the world and regard them as subjects so yes I see the subject. The subject looks like you right?

You see appearances you call people and you imagine they have a "subjective" reality. Their subjective reality has only ever occurred in your thoughts, where else could it appear, you cant switch minds with others. Check with your experience to see if this is true or not. 

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You see appearances you call people and you imagine they have a "subjective" reality. Their subjective reality has only ever occurred in your thoughts, where else could it appear, you cant switch minds with others. Check with your experience to see if this is true or not. 

If I am those people then they do have subjective reality and they are experiencing just like me.

@WokeBloke If it seems that experience is happening to you then maybe you want to investigate this you that experience is happening to. Who or what are you?

2 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

If I am those people then they do have subjective reality and they are experiencing just like me.

Is it your experience right now that you are those people? It has to be absolutely true for you otherwise its belief.

Edited by Rilles

Just now, WelcometoReality said:

@WokeBloke If it seems that experience is happening to you then maybe you want to investigate this you that experience is happening to. Who or what are you?

Well certainly not a word. However the question is whether the words I, myself, experiencer and subject refer to a real being.

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Is it your experience right now that you are those people? It has to be absolutely true for you otherwise its belief.

No but if I am not them then who are they? Fake? Imaginary? Other? One has to admit when there are other people present there are other people present. This world is inhabited by so called people just like you and me. It's not my living experience that I am other people but I'm building the logic first. If they are me then they are my past and future and are living just like I am.

Just now, WokeBloke said:

Well certainly not a word. However the question is whether the words I, myself, experiencer and subject refer to a real being.

Search for it and you might find out. You won't find it out by asking people here and discuss it with them. Maybe you'll be satisfied with the answer you'll get here but it won't be the real answer.

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

No but if I am not them then who are they? Fake? Imaginary? Other? One has to admit when there are other people present there are other people present. This world is inhabited by so called people just like you and me. It's not my living experience that I am other people but I'm building the logic first. If they are me then they are my past and future and are living just like I am.

They are what they are. You dont have to add anything on top your experience or try to figure stuff out... yet. Just look at what is true in your direct experience then logic will follow. I suggest doing some self-inquiry and finding out what/where/who the so called subject is. You wont get far trying to intellectually figure it out. Start by going inside. Thats the core. 

Edited by Rilles

24 minutes ago, Shin said:

Stop spamming the forum with armchair philosophical questions every 30 minutes.

Thank you very much !

:) :) :) :) :)

@WokeBloke
The best advice most often goes completely unacknowledged.

The ego loves grandiose ruminations, and refutes fundamentals.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

58 minutes ago, Rilles said:

They are what they are. You dont have to add anything on top your experience or try to figure stuff out... yet. Just look at what is true in your direct experience then logic will follow. I suggest doing some self-inquiry and finding out what/where/who the so called subject is. You wont get far trying to intellectually figure it out. Start by going inside. Thats the core. 

Well the subject refers to what's here. Isn't what I'm doing self inquiry?