Bazooka Jesus

Intense DMT-like energy rushes/blackouts while practicing Sedona/Letting Go method

18 posts in this topic

Mmm, I think I could use some advice here... so for the past 6 months I've been doing a kind of letting go practice every day right after my meditation which is based on the Sedona Method (as outlined in Hale Dwoskin's book) - but sort of like an amped up version that is aimed at physically dissolving all of the inner tension and letting out the trapped energy in my body by doing deep breathing, spreading out my arms and letting out deep groans from the depth of my stomach... with mixed results so far.

The thing is that lately I keep getting these powerful rushes of energy while doing this practice which feel very DMT-esque in nature; these get so intense at times that they result in delirious blackouts which leave me completely dazed and make me kind of keel over & loose all touch with reality for a couple of seconds.

I don't really know what to make of this... part of me would like to think that this is a positive thing (i.e. a sign of progress), but honestly I am not sure. What do you guys think? Do any of you have experience with this sort of stuff and could perhaps give me some advice? Should I just keep going or does it sound to you like I might be overdoing it?

Thanks. ?

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

Nobody wants to give their 2 cents?

(Feel free to give one cent if you cannot afford two... I understand that times are tough.)

Why so serious?

Would you consider yourself spiritually gifted/did you have and witches or magicians in your family line?

@Bazooka Jesus

Never had a DMT experience, whatsoever, but lately, I'm going through something similar.

I consider my thoughts/my mind to be aligned, but my body is still really tense due to past traumatic experiences. The muscle memory of it is very sticky, and I have to relax it over, and over, and over again. It gets better, but sometimes I'm still shaking, or my heart races like crazy for a few seconds, or my breath gets really short. The good thing is, all I have to do is relax, which is pretty cool after all the grind. I'll list a few things which help me with the relaxation, might work for your situation too. ?

• Sports
  • Yoga of all kinds
  • Stretching
  • Meditation on body relaxation
  • Breathing into the tense parts and relaxing them
  • Physiotherapy, Osteopathy & Chiropractic
  • Hot / cold showers
  • Sauna
  • Face the cold and teach your body to relax in it (ice bath, fresh air)
  • Low dose psychedelics (especially 0.5 to 1.5g of shrooms make my body suuuuuuper loose)
  • Massages
  • Do whatever you want, fuck spirituality & self-actualization, so to speak

@EmptyVase  Thanks for the tips, my friend.

Well, I have been trying  all kinds of things over the last couple of weeks/months like acupuncture therapy, Qi Gong exercises, changing my diet, spending time in nature (I just returned from a stay at an organic farm run by a bunch of Hare Krishna freaks, lol) taking Lion's Mane mushrooms as well as experimenting with Amanita Muscaria... but there is still LOTS of tension, and I am not only taking about physical tension here. I have been feeling really claustrophobic lately, kind of like being stuck inside an internal prison - and super low energy as well, both mentally and physically; all that combined with heavily neurotic monkey mind activity.

Yeah, maybe I should just get my lazy ass off the meditation cushion and do some sports. (As a matter of fact, I have been thinking about trying out something like Jiu Jitsu... but of course I've been procrastinating on it like a motherf%&!er, duh.)

Anyway, I am currently already feeling a little better than I did one month ago, so... knock on wood!

Why so serious?

50 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Would you consider yourself spiritually gifted/did you have and witches or magicians in your family line?

Spiritually gifted? Not really, lol.

The only thing that I can say with certainty is that I am the offspring of a venerable line of thin skinned & hysterical neurotics... but witches and magicians? Not that I am aware of, no. - Well, there is a certain penchant for alternative healing running in my father's family, for what it's worth.

Why do you ask?

Why so serious?

My intuition would says your body is just fixing itself because it had some fucked up problems before, therefore it's manifesting so intensely. If you body was already great before then it may be something else.

Can you elaborate on your deep breathing technique? I used to get that same kind of experience but doing holotropic breathwork

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

1 hour ago, Swarnim said:

My intuition would says your body is just fixing itself because it had some fucked up problems before, therefore it's manifesting so intensely. If you body was already great before then it may be something else.

Yeah, that is what I keep telling myself... "no worries, chill out, it's all part of the healing process, keep it up, you're doing great, YAY!!" And then I wonder if that isn't just wishful thinking. And then I wonder if me wondering if it's just wishful thinking isn't just negative thinking. And then I say to myself: "Just drop all of this pointless thought activity and simply BE"... which of course is just more thinking, lmao. ?

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, catcat69123 said:

Can you elaborate on your deep breathing technique? I used to get that same kind of experience but doing holotropic breathwork

Well basically, I just breathe very slow, deep and intentionally while feeling into the tension; and then I clench both of my hands into fists, place them on my chest during the inhale and on the exhale I open them and slowly spread out my arms while focussing on letting out the inner steam, so to speak.

So yeah, maybe it is just the slowing down and intensification of the breath that is causing these energy rushes. But like I said, I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing... or if wondering if it's a good or bad thing isn't in itself counterproductive.

Why so serious?

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

I just returned from a stay at an organic farm run by a bunch of Hare Krishna freaks, lol

Lmao, that is hilarious.

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

but there is still LOTS of tension, and I am not only taking about physical tension here. I have been feeling really claustrophobic lately, kind of like being stuck inside an internal prison - and super low energy as well, both mentally and physically; all that combined with heavily neurotic monkey mind activity.

Sucks to hear. A few things come to mind. A change up in how you deal with emotions might be helpful. For this, I'd recommend Abraham Hicks, and understanding what focus, vibration, and your emotional guidance system is about, and how momentum plays a role in all of that. Emotions tend to drain energy, or fuel us with it. Had a few powerful visions on how I want to create my life some days ago. I was tired as fuck, but the emotions behind the vision filled me with so much energy that I couldn't sit still and rest. So I worked like till 3am or something. Not particularly healthy, but a good example.

Another thing you might want to check on is what you're consuming and how your sleep schedule is. This might be screwing up things, too. When I eat right before I sleep, my stomach is pulling an all-nighter, and I'm pretty tired throughout the next day.

3 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Yeah, maybe I should just get my lazy ass off the meditation cushion and do some sports. (As a matter of fact, I have been thinking about trying out something like Jiu Jitsu... but of course I've been procrastinating on it like a motherf%&!er, duh.)

Oh yeah, movement is a big one for overall energy levels and how you feel. Feels like torture while working out, but once you're done, man, the feeling is so fucking rewarding. Also helps with relaxing afterwards. Seems like a great opportunity to try out Jiu Jitsu. But even if Jiu Jitsu ain't it, seriously, moving your body daily is soo vital. Riding the bike in the woods and doing a couple of stretches there is already enough (which is what I'm doing when I'm feeling a little lazy).

3 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Anyway, I am currently already feeling a little better than I did one month ago, so... knock on wood!

?

35 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Another thing you might want to check on is what you're consuming and how your sleep schedule is. This might be screwing up things, too. When I eat right before I sleep, my stomach is pulling an all-nighter, and I'm pretty tired throughout the next day.

Yup, that is what my acupuncturist has told me as well - which is why I changed my diet, as I mentioned earlier. I try to not eat anything after 7pm these days; but my sleep is still super irregular, and I've been having really intense dreams lately... not necessarily bad dreams, just really weird and vivid ones.

(Incidentally, during the night following my return from the Hare Krishna camp, I had my first ever instance of lucid dreaming. Not that I give it too much significance; it just crossed my mind right now and I thought that it might be worth mentioning.)

36 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Riding the bike in the woods and doing a couple of stretches there is already enough (which is what I'm doing when I'm feeling a little lazy).

Been doing that as well, but it didn't really give me the kick that I was hoping for tbh.

I don't know man... maybe there is simply some physical "readjustment" going on atm (as Swarnim has suggested) and I just need to ride it out. Welp, let's see.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

16 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

which is why I changed my diet, as I mentioned earlier

Would you say the diet change is connected to you already feeling a bit better?

With the dreams, I think they are communicating to us in a fascinating way. Like, dreams are a twisted deep dive into your mind, a consciousness expanding substance.

Looking back, my first lucid dream was a prequel to a cool realization I had. Happiness is now. Having the dreams in mind, writing them down and drawing connections is a pretty powerful practice. Who knows what lies there.

Been doing that as well, but it didn't really give me the kick that I was hoping for tbh.

Doesn't give me the kick, either - I get that one from working out to the point where I can barely move. Lmao.

I don't know man... maybe there is simply some physical "readjustment" going on atm (as Swarnim has suggested) and I just need to ride it out. Welp, let's see.

I feel that. Though I don't have the blackouts, I feel like my body and mind are currently readjusting themselves too. It's swinging back and forth a lot. Hungry, not hungry. Tired, not tired. Overthinking, Zen. Let's hope that this auto-realignment is the case.

Edited by EmptyVase

On 2021-12-03 at 8:39 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

The thing is that lately I keep getting these powerful rushes of energy while doing this practice which feel very DMT-esque in nature; these get so intense at times that they result in delirious blackouts which leave me completely dazed and make me kind of keel over & loose all touch with reality for a couple of seconds.

If you pass out then that may be a sign that you're overdoing it. Are you following the recommended duration of the practice? In my opinion this should be treated as warning signals. It might be positive though but it might also be a sign that something is seriously wrong.

Personally I haven't used that method but I have some experience with letting go, the sit with the feeling way and never experienced passing out.

These are obvious Kundalini symptoms. You need to learn how to control the energy that is being liberated by your practice of letting go, study the chakra system and start practicing Kriya Yoga, you might start having results right from the start. On Leo's book list you will find all the information to start practicing Kriya Yoga, to learn about the chakra system I suggest you read Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati.

Maybe your breathing practice is improper. Breathing practices if done wrong can make one mentally mad and damage the system in many ways. I would do rather do breathing kriya practices only from a safe authentic reliable sources. Not second hand half invented shady sources. 

Or it could be something to do dmt post effects. Idk.

?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 04/12/2021 at 1:09 AM, Bazooka Jesus said:

I don't really know what to make of this... part of me would like to think that this is a positive thing (i.e. a sign of progress), but honestly I am not sure.

Let go of certainty and enjoy these other states of consciousness.. consider yourself lucky to have such experiences, there are people out there like me who are lost in mundane routine exististance and dissolved in their own thoughts..

So why not experience it and embrace it ? 

Let go of the need to make sense out of it.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I guess I need to let it all sink in for now and just hope that my intuition will guide me somehow... as tired & clueless as I feel atm, I'll just have to trust that there is light somewhere at the end of this strange tunnel.

Anyway, merry Xmas everybody. ✌️

Why so serious?