r0ckyreed

Discipline is Ratshit! - The Art of Blissipline

14 posts in this topic

Discipline in the traditional sense of grinding through a task to get it done is not the true meaning of the word discipline.

Discipline comes from the root word disciple, which means to be a student.

Following your bliss is a lesson to learn from Steve Jobs, Joseph Campbell, Buddha, and yourself. Notice how much more alive you feel when you follow your heart and bliss, as opposed to forcing yourself to grind through and do something.

What it means to be Blissiplined is to become a disciple or student of your highest bliss and purpose for life. Blissipline is operated from the flow state of passion, joy, intuition, adventure, playfulness, etc. whereas discipline comes from a grinding mentality of taking life too seriously. Notice the different energies associated with discipline vs. Blissipline. Isn’t it true that your best work comes from inspiration and playfulness as opposed to seriousness?

This is why a sense of humor is vital. Humor is not just about making people laugh. Humor is a mindset that reminds you to enjoy the present moment. People who have a great sense of humor have a great life. Do you notice this? Humor is a reflection of that within. 

Become Blissiplined and never work a day in your life. Live entirely through being and put an end to all doing through Blissiplining yourself to turn your life into a playground of purpose and playfulness. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/C_p8wo_UV2U

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

I love this.

42 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Isn’t it true that your best work comes from inspiration and playfulness as opposed to seriousness?

But not necessarily. Inspiration and playfulness can often be far and few between. Being a creator of any sort you may go through long periods where you are not inspired, yet you are Blissiplined and work at your craft anyway :) 

"You Create Magic" 

15 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Following your bliss is a lesson to learn from Steve Jobs, Joseph Campbell, Buddha, and yourself.

All of these people you mention had to have extreme levels of discipline to be as popular as they are in modern culture.

Following ones bliss often requires a level of discipline to manifest ones vision of a great life. Without it, all the folks you mentioned could have easily become drug addicts, drunkards, criminals, etc ..

Of course you don't want to be a hard ass, and enjoy the journey .. but you must remember that anything worth achieving in life requires a crazy amount of hard work.

16 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Discipline in the traditional sense of grinding through a task to get it done is not the true meaning of the word discipline.

Discipline comes from the root word disciple, which means to be a student.

Following your bliss is a lesson to learn from Steve Jobs, Joseph Campbell, Buddha, and yourself. Notice how much more alive you feel when you follow your heart and bliss, as opposed to forcing yourself to grind through and do something.

What it means to be Blissiplined is to become a disciple or student of your highest bliss and purpose for life. Blissipline is operated from the flow state of passion, joy, intuition, adventure, playfulness, etc. whereas discipline comes from a grinding mentality of taking life too seriously. Notice the different energies associated with discipline vs. Blissipline. Isn’t it true that your best work comes from inspiration and playfulness as opposed to seriousness?

This is why a sense of humor is vital. Humor is not just about making people laugh. Humor is a mindset that reminds you to enjoy the present moment. People who have a great sense of humor have a great life. Do you notice this? Humor is a reflection of that within. 

Become Blissiplined and never work a day in your life. Live entirely through being and put an end to all doing through Blissiplining yourself to turn your life into a playground of purpose and playfulness. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/C_p8wo_UV2U

This stuff has been told by every snake oil sailesmen forever.
At least this one is more entertaining:

The Barbarian - LIVER KING

8 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

All of these people you mention had to have extreme levels of discipline to be as popular as they are in modern culture.

Good point. Correct. Discipline can be correlated with popularity, but may not always be related to pure satisfaction of present moment, which is what I am focusing on because the way I think most people define discipline is doing something you don’t want to do to get somewhere you want. I’m suggesting another way that even Steve Jobs may not have tapped into. What I am suggesting is living through flow rather than through grinding.

Of course you don't want to be a hard ass, and enjoy the journey .. but you must remember that anything worth achieving in life requires a crazy amount of hard work.

I agree. The only achievement I care about, which really isn’t an achievement for me is living entirely through my intuition, flow, and inspiration. 

Following ones bliss often requires a level of discipline to manifest ones vision of a great life.

I use blissipline. :)

Without it, all the folks you mentioned could have easily become drug addicts, drunkards, criminals, etc ..

I would say that not following your bliss would be more likely for one to use drugs. I mean why do people use drugs in the first place? There are numerous reasons, but one I can think of is because they don’t feel complete and they are not in alignment with their bliss and passions. They are chasing a feeling, and they chase short-term pleasure for long-term misery. When one’s life is aligned with their passions, heart, and bliss, they become high on life and hence don’t feel motivated to do drugs. Whereas, I feel like people who have disciplined themselves to do something they hate for a long period of time end up doing drugs the most.
What do you think?

23 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I love this.

But not necessarily. Inspiration and playfulness can often be far and few between. Being a creator of any sort you may go through long periods where you are not inspired, yet you are Blissiplined and work at your craft anyway :) 

Yeah. The thing with the energy of seriousness is that it is associated with grinding as opposed to flowing. The way discipline is typically conceived is to be in that grinding mentality, but grinding leads to more frustration. The more you grind, the more of that energy you will attract. The way that I find helpful is to shift my vibration or emotional state into a higher level to be in harmony with my heart and attract the energies I want. 

The energies of playfulness, love, inspiration, adventure, excitement, creativity, etc. are more associated with the flow state and being in harmony with your intuition and higher self. Most people overlook the power of flow. Flow is when you become integrated with your art. This requires a certain state of consciousness that cannot be achieved at the level of grinding.

There is a certain state of consciousness that can be accessed in the flow state where all your “hard work” turns into effortless play. That is the Blissipline.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

6 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Good point. Correct. Discipline can be correlated with popularity, but may not always be related to pure satisfaction of present moment, which is what I am focusing on because the way I think most people define discipline is doing something you don’t want to do to get somewhere you want. I’m suggesting another way that even Steve Jobs may not have tapped into. What I am suggesting is living through flow rather than through grinding.

I agree. The only achievement I care about, which really isn’t an achievement for me is living entirely through my intuition, flow, and inspiration. 

I use blissipline. :)

I would say that not following your bliss would be more likely for one to use drugs. I mean why do people use drugs in the first place? There are numerous reasons, but one I can think of is because they don’t feel complete and they are not in alignment with their bliss and passions. They are chasing a feeling, and they chase short-term pleasure for long-term misery. When one’s life is aligned with their passions, heart, and bliss, they become high on life and hence don’t feel motivated to do drugs. Whereas, I feel like people who have disciplined themselves to do something they hate for a long period of time end up doing drugs the most.
What do you think?

Yeah. The thing with the energy of seriousness is that it is associated with grinding as opposed to flowing. The way discipline is typically conceived is to be in that grinding mentality, but grinding leads to more frustration. The more you grind, the more of that energy you will attract. The way that I find helpful is to shift my vibration or emotional state into a higher level to be in harmony with my heart and attract the energies I want. 

The energies of playfulness, love, inspiration, adventure, excitement, creativity, etc. are more associated with the flow state and being in harmony with your intuition and higher self. Most people overlook the power of flow. Flow is when you become integrated with your art. This requires a certain state of consciousness that cannot be achieved at the level of grinding.

There is a certain state of consciousness that can be accessed in the flow state where all your “hard work” turns into effortless play. That is the Blissipline.

I think we are like computers we have to find the right routine, habit, algorithm, system to function properly.

All these are easy to say but not easy to actually implement them. 

What if someone throw more work at work which is outside your job scope?

What if someone takes away your clients? 

What if someone insults you?

Are you going to stay joyful and say it's okay. Let's have a drink tonight. Let's have fun?

5 hours ago, Epikur said:

I think we are like computers we have to find the right routine, habit, algorithm, system to function properly.

That is one way to look at it. I think the best way to function is by not having a strict routine. To me, that is slavery of living the same day over and over again. To me, functioning properly is letting yourself be the most authentic and playful by following your heart and intuition as opposed to following your mind. The adventure is lurking. It takes great courage to follow your heart and venture into the unknown out of comfort zone. Routines and habits are good as long as they are aligned with your heart and what makes your heart sing. Otherwise, you play productivity and achievement of society’s standards and conditioning over your natural creative and authentic self. People are always trying to improve and change themselves, which has a downside of not exploring and accepting yourself as you naturally are.

1 hour ago, hyruga said:

All these are easy to say but not easy to actually implement them. 

This is with everything. However, following what lights you up is actually really easy and natural because that is connecting more with your higher self and who you truly are. All we have to do is look inside and listen to our hearts calling and then have the courage to act on our intuition.

1 hour ago, hyruga said:

What if someone throw more work at work which is outside your job scope?

What if someone takes away your clients? 

What if someone insults you?

Are you going to stay joyful and say it's okay. Let's have a drink tonight. Let's have fun?

Notice the energy and vibration of these questions. The first one perceives your livelihood as a “work” and “grind” as a opposed to an opportunity to learn, grow, and blossom. If you are not passionate about your work, then here are a few things. Either 1. Find “work” that lights you up so that it isn’t even called work, 2. Bring more play, love, humor, etc. into your “work,” 3. Or you can grind and work at that soul sucking job for the rest of your life. What is more important than your state of mind? You can find answers to these questions through introspection, listening to your intuition as opposed to your “rational” brain. 

With your other questions, it is all about your perception. It is how you perceive and act in those situations that make you suffer. If some takes away your clients, you can either go do drugs and go to bars and kill your dreams. Or you can tune into what your heart is saying and have the courage to see this window closing as another door opening for you. Notice that that is your mind that is seeing that as a bad thing and not necessarily your higher self. Think about how your higher self would handle those situations then act in that direction.

Nobody can insult you if you are really conscious and connected to your heart. You will laugh at those people so hard because they are spending their time and life in such negativity. Only people who are hurt insult others. You have to have that intuition for you to stay true to yourself. Your mind/ego is the one insulted.

Drinking isn’t following my highest excitements. Drinking is escapism to me because people typically drink to get into a certain state of mind. My whole philosophy is to become high on life by following your fun and passions, etc. you won’t need drugs ever for your state of mind if you are following your intuition. But sometimes you can be a conscious drinker so I’m not taking anything away from that. It is really about looking inwards to find what your true intentions really are. Is it to escape something or is it to grow, expand, and become more of yourself?

Notice the last question. You have 100% responsibility over your life. You can choose to have your whole day ruined by one moment that butt hurt your ego, or you can move on and keep acting on your inspirations. Spirituality helps you be in alignment with your intuition and higher-self. When you are able to deconstruct your ego, gain a superpower of not being controlled by it and by seeing your ego as a joke to laugh with.

Find the fun-ny in everything. Go in the direction of a lighter feeling.

Do you see the problem if your life isn’t aligned with your intuition, heart, passions, and higher-self?

Hope all that helped! That’s my 2$

Edited by r0ckyreed

This is awesome. So true, even with Exercise- playing your favorite sport / going to the gym when you love it doesn't require grind like discipline, whereas, doing an activity you hate (for me running long distance) involves that grind. 

How can we use Blissipline for the 'menial' tasks in life like doing taxes though ;) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

That is one way to look at it. I think the best way to function is by not having a strict routine. To me, that is slavery of living the same day over and over again. To me, functioning properly is letting yourself be the most authentic and playful by following your heart and intuition as opposed to following your mind. The adventure is lurking. It takes great courage to follow your heart and venture into the unknown out of comfort zone. Routines and habits are good as long as they are aligned with your heart and what makes your heart sing. Otherwise, you play productivity and achievement of society’s standards and conditioning over your natural creative and authentic self. People are always trying to improve and change themselves, which has a downside of not exploring and accepting yourself as you naturally are.

This is with everything. However, following what lights you up is actually really easy and natural because that is connecting more with your higher self and who you truly are. All we have to do is look inside and listen to our hearts calling and then have the courage to act on our intuition.

Notice the energy and vibration of these questions. The first one perceives your livelihood as a “work” and “grind” as a opposed to an opportunity to learn, grow, and blossom. If you are not passionate about your work, then here are a few things. Either 1. Find “work” that lights you up so that it isn’t even called work, 2. Bring more play, love, humor, etc. into your “work,” 3. Or you can grind and work at that soul sucking job for the rest of your life. What is more important than your state of mind? You can find answers to these questions through introspection, listening to your intuition as opposed to your “rational” brain. 

With your other questions, it is all about your perception. It is how you perceive and act in those situations that make you suffer. If some takes away your clients, you can either go do drugs and go to bars and kill your dreams. Or you can tune into what your heart is saying and have the courage to see this window closing as another door opening for you. Notice that that is your mind that is seeing that as a bad thing and not necessarily your higher self. Think about how your higher self would handle those situations then act in that direction.

Nobody can insult you if you are really conscious and connected to your heart. You will laugh at those people so hard because they are spending their time and life in such negativity. Only people who are hurt insult others. You have to have that intuition for you to stay true to yourself. Your mind/ego is the one insulted.

Drinking isn’t following my highest excitements. Drinking is escapism to me because people typically drink to get into a certain state of mind. My whole philosophy is to become high on life by following your fun and passions, etc. you won’t need drugs ever for your state of mind if you are following your intuition. But sometimes you can be a conscious drinker so I’m not taking anything away from that. It is really about looking inwards to find what your true intentions really are. Is it to escape something or is it to grow, expand, and become more of yourself?

Notice the last question. You have 100% responsibility over your life. You can choose to have your whole day ruined by one moment that butt hurt your ego, or you can move on and keep acting on your inspirations. Spirituality helps you be in alignment with your intuition and higher-self. When you are able to deconstruct your ego, gain a superpower of not being controlled by it and by seeing your ego as a joke to laugh with.

Find the fun-ny in everything. Go in the direction of a lighter feeling.

Do you see the problem if your life isn’t aligned with your intuition, heart, passions, and higher-self?

Hope all that helped! That’s my 2$

OK thanks for your pointers.

I will share an old video which I think embody creativity, intuition and fun.

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

How can we use Blissipline for the 'menial' tasks in life like doing taxes though ;) 

That’s what meditation is about. Turning the mundane into the mystical. Playfulness is a state of consciousness, and you can get into that state by doing things that light you up. When you are in a certain state of consciousness, doing taxes can be seen as an interesting game.

1 hour ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

You are just refusing to embrace the suckiness of things. Getting out of bed at 5 am sucks. Sitting in a lotus position for 30 minutes to an hour sucks. Lifting heavy weights sucks. Reading and writing for several hours straight also sucks. There's no way to make these thing not suck. You can only decrease the suckiness, but never get rid of it.

Don’t do things that suck. At a certain state of consciousness, there are things that suck. But in other states, what sucks can turn into what fucks. It is really about your attitude towards life. If you were aware that you could die at any moment, how would you use your time? Looking at your life as if each day is your first and last can help you set your priorities straight. Your happiness is the proper priority and not something to put on back burner.

As the quote says “When it is you, it is forced. When it is God, it flows.”

“The flower does not dream of the bee, it blossoms and the bees come.” Don’t worry about the bees in life. If you just focus on your blossom and alignment with higher self, you will attract the bees of opportunity, synchronicity, wealth, etc. I’m not saying it is always easy. It takes a lot of courage sometimes to be who you truly are.

”When the world tells you to move, you plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and you say ‘No! You move!’”

- Captain America

Cheers!

This is gold.

The main purpose of meditation I think is to turn your entire life into a meditation. 

Edited by r0ckyreed