Javfly33

My View of what social anxiety really is after yesterdays brilliant microdose session

11 posts in this topic

--I wasn't sure where to post this. I decided this subforum since it includes psychedelics.

Yesterday I did micro dose of lsd with no intention, just because once in a while I like to .

However something that I did not expected happened.

I started meditating and I got a sudden massive raise of my consciousness which lasted the whole afternoon. About 5-6 hours.

During these hours, I decided to go out to take a walk.

There was nobody in the street. I felt calm.

And then I see this guy about 100m from me walking towards me. 

Suddenly I realized a thought of what I would call "paranoid socially anxious thought".

Once I saw it, it was over, I stopped "attaching myself" to that thought (and the ones which would come after that one), once I REALLY SAW that it was JUST A THOUGHT and NOT TRUTH ( in other words, direct experience).

This was such a mindfuck/breakthrough because for the first fucking time I walked passed a person like I walked pass a rock, 0 and no trace any kind of "anxiety".

-----

Here comes the good news, because everybody can have a "realization" while high on acid. 

I thought today since the effects must have worked off (since it wasn't a trip, but just a micro dose) everything would be back to normal, but...

NO, I am still aware how any kind of anxiety or weirdness in social situations is literally the mind creating referential-paranoid thoughts.

It's really amazing the power of consciousness and the power of Truth. I hope I can keep inspecting and differentiating between Truth and thoughts and set myself free of the mind. 

Edited by Javfly33
fix title

May you realize you are sitting on your Inmortal Throne of Bliss, and you have no obligations of any kind but to enjoy What You Are. Shambo

@Javfly33 Awesome!!xD

The day after microdosing can still be a very good day, you can feel a kind of after glow which lasts for the day after - that's how you know you've hit your sweet spot dose.

31 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Suddenly I realized a thought of what I would call "paranoid socially anxious thought".

Once I saw it, it was over, I stopped "attaching myself" to that thought (and the ones which would come after that one), once I REALLY SAW that it was JUST A THOUGHT and NOT TRUTH ( in other words, direct experience).

This was such a mindfuck/breakthrough because for the first fucking time I walked passed a person like I walked pass a rock, 0 and no trace any kind of "anxiety".

Been there too, so I know what it feels like. It's so funny now to walk past people, and just observe them a bit. Some smile you in the face, some pull out their phone right when you come close, some awkwardly keep a super straight non-moving face, some don't even really notice you, some reply to me saying "hello", some deadass ignore it. Great to hear your success! Thoughts are a bitch, so make 'em yours. xD

48 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I thought today since the effects must have worked off (since it wasn't a trip, but just a micro dose) everything would be back to normal, but...

NO, I am still aware how any kind of anxiety or weirdness in social situations is literally the mind creating referential-paranoid thoughts.

I think this adds evidence to my theory that meditation works (at least partially) through a mechanism of memory reconsolidation, which is how therapies like medicinal PTSD therapy and systematic desensitization therapy for anxiety seem to work, how sleep reduces stress etc. In other words, thoughts are recontextualized in a calm context, which creates a lasting impact and fuels therapeutic progression.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I think this adds evidence to my theory that meditation works (at least partially) through a mechanism of memory reconsolidation, which is how therapies like medicinal PTSD therapy and systematic desensitization therapy for anxiety seem to work, how sleep reduces stress etc.

Amazing, that's great news. God-bless you man ?

May you realize you are sitting on your Inmortal Throne of Bliss, and you have no obligations of any kind but to enjoy What You Are. Shambo

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Amazing, that's great news. God-bless you man ?

Haha thank you! ? I can relate to this very much as I used to have anxiety around people just like that myself, but after my meditation experiences, that anxiety is no longer there. It's kinda like you're saying that people are like rocks sometimes xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Yes, I think this is key. When any kind of fear arises, just simply notice it and ask yourself "is it true?"

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

with no intention, just because once in a while I like to .

However something that I did not expected happened.

Awesome! Great to hear. That is life right there. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I feel like mushrooms microdosing would be even better for this; worth a shot if accessible.

Wow awesome thanks for sharing. Emma sepalla says the root of confidence is presence. So that theory would actually align with what you're saying

And presence is a pillar of charisma (according to Olivia cabane) 

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Javfly33 nice!  And even if it still happens, you'll be able to go meta on the thoughts, rendering them powerless, because you understand what the deal is now.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.