Iesu

How does DMT effect brain health?

22 posts in this topic

I know psychs mainly target your serotonin from experience with acid/shrooms, but from direct experience, there seems to be 0 tolerance for smoking DMT. So my question is from someone with dopamine/serotonin issues. Is it possible to heal my brain and purely take DMT? And not have it affect or slightly not affect brain health? 

P.S. I realized there is no brain my 1st major breakthrough, so maybe I just answered my own question. o.O

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant

I don't believe in these things for curing mental illness honestly.

I personally found an afterglow which convinced me I no longer needed meds. Slowly after months I became very anxious/depressed again and went back on meds, and am again now mentally well.

18 hours ago, Iesu said:

I know psychs mainly target your serotonin from experience with acid/shrooms, but from direct experience, there seems to be 0 tolerance for smoking DMT. So my question is from someone with dopamine/serotonin issues. Is it possible to heal my brain and purely take DMT? And not have it affect or slightly not affect brain health? 

P.S. I realized there is no brain my 1st major breakthrough, so maybe I just answered my own question. o.O

Wouldn’t healing the brain be affecting it? 

What is the issue you’re experiencing? 

“Any kind of consciousness whatever, whether past, future, or present, internal or external, gross or subtle, inferior or superior, far or near — a disciple of mine sees all consciousness as it actually is with proper wisdom thus: ‘This is not mine, this I am not, this is not my self.’” - the Tathāgata

I wouldn't count on it healing your brain. You'd be lucky if it just had a net-zero affect on your health.

Something as powerful as DMT having no negative health effects would be a miracle in itself.

Remember, your DMT is not 100% pure.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've read reports from individuals claiming that doing megadoses of LSD(1000 mics or even more) permanently cured their schizophrenia. So it would seem that psychedelics have the potential to cure mental illnesses, but not if the person doing them doesn't consciously endeavor to change themself(while under the influence) or at least it becomes much less likely(the placebo and nocebo effects become pronounced very strongly on hallucinogens, more so then when sober). Another aspect of it is dosage, it's possible that you need a breakthrough dose(or even more) for it to be possible to permanently rewire your brain on the scale necessary to affect this kind of change. Scientific research in this area starting with anecdotal reports of sucess would be invaluable in dealing with this problem(mental illness in humans). But I'm as of yet unaware of any serious investigation into the topic.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

1 hour ago, JuliusCaesar said:

I've read reports from individuals claiming that doing megadoses of LSD(1000 mics or even more) permanently cured their schizophrenia

Even if this is true it will not be a reliable cure. For some people it will send them into schizophrenia. So what's necessary is to find out which kind of person you are.

It's too dangerous to take high doses and just assume that everything will improve for you.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's too dangerous to take high doses and just assume that everything will improve for you.

I was trying to imply that by stating it's less like to work in the event that the individual didn't expect it to(and implied further complication by noting the consequences of heightened neuroplastisticity impacting the placebo/nocebo effect). There's a bible verse that says something in the nature of he that can heal can make ill. And that logic certainly applies to psychedelics. Hence why there's conflicting reports on this issue.

Dimethyltryptamine (DMT): a biochemical Swiss Army knife in neuroinflammation and neuroprotection?

Thus DMT – as a natural, endogenous agonist at both the Sig-1R and 5-HTRs – is hypothesized to be an unique, many-faced pharmacological entity, which has many important roles in the immunoregulatory processes of peripheral and brain tissues, as well as involved in the promotion and induction of neuroregeneration in the mammalian nervous system.

It doesn't affect it at all because brain doesn't exist. It's just God's imagination at work when you take DMT.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:34 AM, Iesu said:

DMT might actually produce reverse tolerance(it gets stronger the more you often you do it instead of weaker).

3 hours ago, halfknots said:

Neurogenesis doesn’t mean that the negative effects couldn’t possibly be far worse than any (likely small) neurogenesis that occurs. There’s just too little info to say what’s going to happen at this point. There are probably more straightforward and researched ways to impact your brain health than DMT, but a lot of this depends on what condition it is we’re even talking about here. 

This thread is like calling a doctor’s office and asking if a new compound there is hardly any significant research for can cure a problem, but you’re unwilling to even tell the doctor what your problem is other than it’s in your foot. No details about what’s happening with the foot, just that it’s a foot problem… 

Any doctor would say I need more info and probably recommend a more tested solution than the obscure chemical you have an affinity for. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

“Any kind of consciousness whatever, whether past, future, or present, internal or external, gross or subtle, inferior or superior, far or near — a disciple of mine sees all consciousness as it actually is with proper wisdom thus: ‘This is not mine, this I am not, this is not my self.’” - the Tathāgata

@BipolarGrowth @Leo Gura @JuliusCaesar my intent isn’t to heal my brain with dmt. Like @Leo Gura said looking for a close to net zero psych like 5 meo or nn. I have brain damage from taking way too much acid/shrooms/mdma/uppers/coke/weed. And out of the 6 or so times I have done dmt the effects on my brain health has been surprisingly low. So I wanted to heal my brain back to the best sober state. Then vape nn and plug 5 meo. Is a post healed brain suitable for dmt ok? 

Edited by Iesu

43 minutes ago, Iesu said:

I have brain damage from taking way too much acid/shrooms

I doubt LSD or mushrooms damage the brain. Where is the evidence for this?

DMT and mushrooms are almost identical chemically. Mushrooms are 4-HO-DMT.

@Leo Gura chronic use doesn't deregulate serotonin receptors, like mdma?  Then where does the term perma fried come from then. 

Edited by Iesu

MDMA is a very different animal than tryptamines. That's why I haven't done MDMA. It's not healthy long-term. I might do it a few times but that's it.

14 hours ago, Iesu said:

I have brain damage from taking way too much acid/shrooms/mdma/uppers/coke/weed.

What exactly do you mean by brain damage? And what symptoms indicate you damaged your brain?

@Leo Gura I have done mdma 10 plus times in the last 2 years with doses at 4 points to 6. Nicotine and weed almost every day. Then acid and shrooms around 20+ and 10+ times respectively. Highest doses were from 4-10 tabs and 5-7 grams. Did coke a few times. @JuliusCaesar look up low dopamine and serotonin.  Best trips was 1.5 points of dmt smoked out a bong, 5 and 2 tab trips, and an 8th trip. 

7D09F56B-E41E-40F9-A21E-9D1E0B1A8D78.jpeg

1858F8D9-8148-4481-A6AC-E00C8B07597E.jpeg

36A35E6D-E28E-41A6-A847-A061ED635BAD.jpeg

BB2FD98A-9FCD-40CB-AB33-F5813B6AD963.jpeg

Edited by Iesu

38 minutes ago, Iesu said:

look up low dopamine and serotonin.  Best trips was 1.5 points of dmt smoked out a bong, 5 and 2 tab trips, and an 8th trip. 

So I did that and these are what came up.

Muscle spasms

Aches and pains

Loss of balance

Difficulty eating

Inability to recognize or feel pleasure

Low energy

Inability to focus

Which symptoms specifically have you experienced, and when did you notice they arose(in relation to a certain substance, like did you do a drug then days or weeks later experienced these as side effects)?