john1

What should my priorities in life be right now?

9 posts in this topic

I'm 15 and finish high school in ~2 and a half years. As I watch more of Leo's videos, do more school, and go through life more I'm coming to the realization that I don't know what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, or what I should be doing. I see that this is the prime of my life, so I don't want to waste it.

I have plenty of spare time, so what should I be spending it on? I know my eggs should go into different baskets, so what are those top priority baskets that I should be focusing on every day?

Should I just be non-stop training as Leo said you should be doing in his no growth without training video? Should I be building skills? Finding my life purpose? Doing life purpose work? Learning about money?

I made my parents buy like 15 books from the book list, so should a lot of my time be spent reading? Building a big picture understanding? Learning how life works?

Should I be doing anything in the spiritual department? I'm already meditating, but do I need to be doing kriya and other stuff like that?

What habits should I be building? What habits should I be breaking? What skills should I be building? What should I be developing?

Tl;dr: I'm 15, don't know shit, what things should I invest my time in?

I'd like to hear what you guys have to say!

I guess you are too young for spiritual things. I had a spiritual bent at that age but I mostly kept to my studies. It's best to not engage in spiritually because you aren't fully emotionally grown at this age. You need a mountain of life experience before you can start any real spiritual practice. Don't try any psychedelics, I would strongly advise against it at this age. Your priorities now should be to focus on getting a decent education, a degree that won't be a waste of your time or money. So strongly focus on your current skill set. Develop your skills and keep a track on your core  strengths. Observe what drives your passion and what makes you feel fulfilled, and what utilizes your skills in a unique way that can be commercialized in the future. Work on your life purpose, that should be your main priority. The other thing I can think of is health. Focus on your health and fitness. Keep regular goals. 

I can't think of anything specific in your situation but do what works for you. No relationships at this age. Work on emotional maturity. Socialize and interact. Talk to a lot of people, learn people skills. Stay away from toxic stuff. Cultivate good habits and discipline. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Explore the delusional, contradictory, illusory, paradoxical nature of reality.  What's delusional about your classes, your assignments, the requirements, the methods?  

What's delusional about the grading system, the college system, the language, the definitions you are to memorize, the books you are told to read, the stuff you are told to memorize, the way stuff is taught,  the rules the school has, the way people treat each other, etc.?

Look for if any of the teachers talk about delusions and assumptions of the class they are teaching such as the delusions about the science book, the history book, etc. or for it the teachers unaware of there being any.

What's delusional about the way people are dressing, acting, interacting?

What is delusion?  What is presented as imaginary, what is presented as true, what is being used as evidence and why are people using that as evidence?

Stuff like that would be cool to look at life from as a 15 year old if that was me (I was playing the game of wanting to make all A's and never questioned anything when I was 15.)

Also consider career paths and getting a broad look at different things.

Edited by PepperBlossoms

I'd advise you to look at Leo's 3 videos regarding that topic. 

1) (an older, but very good one): ""advice for high school students" , or something along this lines

2) Life advice for young people pt1

3) Life advice for young people pt2

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

What do you really want to do? What are you passionate about? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Do what you deeply desire, don't be a perfectionist, just follow your heart.

37 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Study hard and get into a school you want.

I can't really say this is a bad idea, since this is exactly what I did, but how you do this really affects the results. You don't want to sacrifice your happiness for this.