Max8

Personal-development is Scam

121 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

Making money is a part of your core skill set. It's how much you have to offer in a particular industry. Self help and personal development can help you hone your skills but if you are already lacking a lot, then it can't do much. You need to have some leverage to work on.

@Preety_India

come on guys please dont state the obvious 

do you honestly thin that we dont know about this?
 i know exactly how it works in theory  but in practice all those ideas and theorizes  crumble  

bcz of the environment, your capabilities and all the competition out there 

but those arent really the worst part 

the worst thing is your mental capabilities and overall health and genetics , 

dont discount how essential those are 

even the greatest boxers was very easily defeated bcz of his bad  physically health 

no matter how much you visualize or say u gonna do it or believe or whatever 

in the end the advantages you have are what initiate your success 

and for those who are lacking those 

well 

maybe self help wont work for them no matter how much they would love to think that it could 

10 minutes ago, Max8 said:

@Preety_India

come on guys please dont state the obvious 

do you honestly thin that we dont know about this?
 i know exactly how it works in theory  but in practice all those ideas and theorizes  crumble  

bcz of the environment, your capabilities and all the competition out there 

but those arent really the worst part 

the worst thing is your mental capabilities and overall health and genetics , 

dont discount how essential those are 

even the greatest boxers was very easily defeated bcz of his bad  physically health 

no matter how much you visualize or say u gonna do it or believe or whatever 

in the end the advantages you have are what initiate your success 

and for those who are lacking those 

well 

maybe self help wont work for them no matter how much they would love to think that it could 

To a certain extent what you say is true. But it's not a 100% true. Nothing can be decided beforehand. 

There are examples of people who lacked in terms of genetics yet they excelled in life. You need to think a bit out of the box here. 

You're probably having some fear which is holding you back from seeing what is possible. 

There are people who lack a lot and find it difficult to succeed. But there are also people who have the genetics in their favor yet they need massive amount of direction and guidance to actually achieve something. Personal development can fill that gap. 

In regard to those people who feel incapable of doing something due to physical factors like genetics, its mostly a handicap yet its not something that can't be overcome. I'm not going to say that everything is possible. But even a 10% improvement in your lifestyle is a big deal for someone who has struggled for years. 

Don't underestimate the power of psychological factors like determination and will Power. Everything is not genetics. 

Personal development also entails pushing boundaries and testing how much further you can go. 

What you're really talking about is not the disadvantages of personal development but about hurdles in life 

This is like saying the water pump doesn't work where there is no water. Well, nothing will work where there is no water. Can't blame it on the pump. Use that same pump in places where there is water and it works fine. 

It's similar to if your computer wasn't working right because of some software issue and you're using an antivrus and assuming that a virus is causing all your problems and you're blaming the antivrus software as defunct. However the antivirus is completely fine. It's the computer software that needs the fixing. 

You can't blame the field of personal development for things that are almost impossible to change. That is something you can blame on mother nature.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Max8 All your comments reflect your projection of inadequacy and infantile understanding of development onto others. 

If you perceive yourself as a newbie in terms of your personal development ( a person who is barely surviving in terms of their basic needs such as money, dating life, etc..) then you should focus on getting by and fulfilling your basic needs first. 

Leo has made countless videos about this, focus on the basics. 

Edited by Harlen Kelly

59 minutes ago, Max8 said:

my friend i never doubts that it didnt changed the way you think eat and interact or approach things 
for sure, that actually happened to me and probably for everyone who does self help but thats about it 

no actual tangible results such as:

making money, master money

having a girlfriend, become good with women 
overcoming social anxiety permanently and become great at socializing giving that you were the opposite 

and great mental health and overall well being 

now you have to make sure that you actually have gotten those in practical everyday life not that you know better or know how or have the illusion of success that a trick 

@Max8 The feelings you hold about the ‘hollowness’ of self help are relatively justified. 

But you corrupt any legitimate critiques by your entitlement. Stop taking things for granted.

‘No tangible results.’ Lmao.

I forgot to mention self help also completely changed the way I interact with money.

Is that tangible enough for you? Because clearly relationships and eating habits weren’t real enough for you.

What do you, exactly, define as tangible?

Because you went from having some decent points to just being the dude who wants more more more.

@Max8 Just to make sure, it also includes pickup masturbation. Man I would be a millionaire by now if I had skipped that shit. Had all that money now to 10x my attraction as I want. And going for high quality bitches (scorts/hookers/dancers/models) is essential to satisfy the lower needs. Then maybe if I have some time left after all, you might want to do a pickup once in a while and seriously dont give a crap bout it. Which will give you massive results counterintuitively. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

@Kalki Avatar That's pretty spot on right there. Work like hell on the business 6 days a week, and go out on the friday night, to just have fun. Sex is about having fun. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

13 minutes ago, mw711 said:

@Max8 

Is that tangible enough for you? Because clearly relationships and eating habits weren’t real enough for you.

What do you, exactly, define as tangible?

Because you went from having some decent points to just being the dude who wants more more more.

no it's not tangible. bcz u just changed your beliefs about money and how you see it but so what ? i did that as well but never taught me how to gain it 

i define tangibles results  such as :

you start an project, endeavor, business  that would generate good  income for you and it keep doing that. 

and you only succeeded  at it bcz of personal  development . 

or you overcome your depression, anxiety, emotional problems   permanently . not a placebo effect which is very common to experience.

or attract a girlfriend and become good with female attraction when before u sucked at it  

or overcome some major problem you have in your life maybe moving to a different country or something like that 

or become happy or spiritual but this is extremely difficult and most of you would only experince a placebo effect but never actually change anything fundamental   

@Kalki Avatar

4 minutes ago, Kalki Avatar said:

Just to make sure, it also includes pickup masturbation. Man I would be a millionaire by now if I had skipped that shit.

Had all that money now to 10x my attraction as I want. And going for high quality bitches (scorts/hookers/dancers/models) is essential to satisfy the lower needs. Then maybe if I have some time left after all, you might want to do a pickup once in a while and seriously dont give a crap bout it. Which will give you massive results counterintuitively. 

i dont understand what you mean ?

30 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@Max8

then you should focus on getting by and fulfilling your basic needs first. 

Leo has made countless videos about this, focus on the basics. 

i dont know why you thought im a newbie ? i bet  i  know more about self help than you do , try me. 

i can easily give advice to people like every guru does  but thats very easy bcz knowledge is just information .

you should have read my comments well 

bcz i already said that i have watched every single episode of leo at least 5 times 

and did the practices too and read that and this 

not just leo many gurus and books 

and the intention was of course to fulfill my basic needs such as making money and dating and mental health and you know the list 

but it never really worked it kinda worked but it's just an illusion and very little results or non at all

@Max8 Im including pickup as part of self development. 

@diamondpenguin Its even better when you dont even think about it really anymore.Thinking that you will go out one day might be better, but its still investing (expectation). Somewhere in the past you never used to think you needed to meet girls bs etc. You were confident in your own world before being brainwashed by false lack. 

What I mean is that you might eventually go out whenever you remember or have time (1 or twice a month or maybe even in 2 months or whatever, theres no planning (investing)). And you are going out not really to meet any one expectation, you simply go out with friends to some social area to have some Fun and only if a girl seems interested and you want, then you know what to do. Everything is spontaneous by simply being in the right place. But you are not even thinking of getting laid, you went there to have some fun with your friends. 

And the way you reduce any neediness is by being busy and having scort friends. I have 3 scort friends whom once in a while I go out to have some fun and then get laid. Then even use them as wing girls. How can i be needy with women like this? See what I mean. Just focus on yourself and get money. Forget all this crap, I have seen it all. 

The only last thing you will need its truth, because it is the Truth. And its you. 

Save your time by following this advice, trust me. Maybe listen to leo once in a while to grow your mind and see new possibilities, but dont go crazy about it or overreact by crashing your present reality. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

15 minutes ago, Max8 said:

i bet  i  know more about self help than you do , try me. 

Sounds like what a developed, mature adult would say. 

15 minutes ago, Max8 said:

but it never really worked it kinda worked but it's just an illusion and very little results or non at all

Then focus exclusively on the basics if that's what you are looking for. Leo's advice is really not for newbies who are barely getting by in regards to their basic needs. 

Tony Robbins would be better in your case. 

By the way, by newbie as previously stated I mean somebody who like yourself has not been able to fulfill their basic needs as you mentioned multiple times. 

''fulfill my basic needs such as making money and dating and mental health and you know the list but it never really worked ''

Edited by Harlen Kelly

@Kalki Avatar

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

To a certain extent what you say is true. But it's not a 100% true. Nothing can be decided beforehand. 

There are examples of people who lacked in terms of genetics yet they excelled in life. You need to think a bit out of the box here. 

You're probably having some fear which is holding you back from seeing what is possible. 

There are people who lack a lot and find it difficult to succeed. But there are also people who have the genetics in their favor yet they need massive amount of direction and guidance to actually achieve something. Personal development can fill that gap. 

In regard to those people who feel incapable of doing something due to physical factors like genetics, its mostly a handicap yet its not something that can't be overcome. I'm not going to say that everything is possible. But even a 10% improvement in your lifestyle is a big deal for someone who has struggled for years. 

Don't underestimate the power of psychological factors like determination and will Power. Everything is not genetics. 

Personal development also entails pushing boundaries and testing how much further you can go. 

What you're really talking about is not the disadvantages of personal development but about hurdles in life 

This is like saying the water pump doesn't work where there is no water. Well, nothing will work where there is no water. Can't blame it on the pump. Use that same pump in places where there is water and it works fine. 

It's similar to if your computer wasn't working right because of some software issue and you're using an antivrus and assuming that a virus is causing all your problems and you're blaming the antivrus software as defunct. However the antivirus is completely fine. It's the computer software that needs the fixing. 

You can't blame the field of personal development for things that are almost impossible to change. That is something you can blame on mother nature.

i know but how do you fill that gab ? if i read a book or listened to a guru he will give me some actionable steps to do

but implementing those are not possible for most people. 

imagine im telling you to go mediate for 10 hours a day and i would use the argument that it's possible bcz a few monks have done therefore everyone could do it 

1 minute ago, Harlen Kelly said:

Then focus exclusively on the basics if that's what you are looking for. Leo's advice is really not for newbies who are getting by in regards to their basic needs. 

Tony Robbins would be better in your case. 

this post is not exclusively  saying that leo teachings dont work. 
it's about self help in general.

but i think there is no such thing as basic self help, it's all self help. 

and even leo himself told you that in his video: the 3 stages of personal development.

at the beginning he said "those stages are arbitrary I made them up".

"Sounds like what a developed, well-put-together adult would say." i know you are being sarcastic but ironically it's true. 

1 minute ago, Max8 said:

@Kalki Avatar

i know but how do you fill that gab ? if i read a book or listened to a guru he will give me some actionable steps to do

but implementing those are not possible for most people. 

imagine im telling you to go mediate for 10 hours a day and i would use the argument that it's possible bcz a few monks have done therefore everyone could do it 

You're assuming that personal development caters only to a specific niche group of people, going by that monk example. However there are levels in PD from basics to advanced. You have to pick and choose the guidance that fits your level. PD is a huge field with unlimited scope and room. And advice can be uniquely tailored for custom needs, that's one of the reasons why people hire a life coach. PD caters to literally every single human being on planet earth, no one is considered exempt or incapable, no one is judged, so that's the beauty of it.

Over time this is the only field you'll begin to love. Because all other industries are quite brutal out there. This is the field where you turn iron ore into shiny tea pot! 

14 minutes ago, Max8 said:

Also don't listen to advice that doesn't work for you. Many people feel forced to do things that don't fit their comfort zone just because others are doing it. For example many people constantly suggest to do psychedelics. Yet I don't wish to do it because it doesn't suit me. So I don't do it. Most people make this common mistake where they force themselves to follow advice that's not meant for them at all, self development is such a thing that you can develop your own brand of insights and resources that help you, it's pretty flexible. You don't need to follow any particular guru. If you follow your own intuition even that is personal development, it need not be some guru. Everything that you do to improve yourself, one way or another encompasses personal development. 

6 minutes ago, Max8 said:

i know you are being sarcastic but ironically it's true. 

You would've been able to at least fulfill your basic needs if that was the case. 

But anyways, wish you the best buddy.

1 minute ago, something_else said:

@Max8 What you're saying is essentially that 'success in life is based on luck', is that right?

apparently from my experience it seems that luck plays a huge role when it comes to tangible results.

@Preety_India Self development is great and real in a way, is just that it can be a great distraction and even obstacle if not done right and at the right time. What I mean is forget about becoming attractive and going inside that rabbit whole. Stay outside of it. Dont jump yet. Maybe put a foot in it to test the water. To live a decent life, you need money. That is a stronger foundation than doing unsustainable self development that will fall if not maintained. And for it to be maintained you need a stable platform. In the past I used to be lot more attractive because I did self development. I worked my ass off. But i was a great ignorant of the big picture. Better had simply focused on money alone. And for making money, trust me you need to get dirty in a good sense. Theres no time to be caring about details of attraction and people opinions. Any self development done in the process of growing wealth will most likely be lost. 

On the other hand, the only exception is Truth. If you manage to get enligthened somehow, good for you. Theres no going back. Thats permanent stability in the ultimate satisfation. Complete perfection no matter your life situation. 

2 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

You would've been able to at least fulfill your basic needs if that was the case. 

thats what i was trying to do all those years

listening to gurus

reading books

doing what they are telling me

contemplating 

meditating 

doing it as long as i can but yet here i am with 0 results 

it seems to me that i got scammed ! by the gurus who are only successful bcz they sold me the scam so i have to sell a scam to be like them lol

a classic  pyramid scheme in my opinion