Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

Why is consciousness so stupid?

9 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about this for a while and noticing how stupid I am. All I seem to do is generate suffering for myself. The contrast between the grandeur of creation and my state of being seems so diametrically opposed that it feels absurd. How can I create this whole magnificent universe and still feel so crappy?

Is the I creating the magnificent universe limited to the little I that feels so crappy?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

8 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Is the I creating the magnificent universe limited to the little I that feels so crappy?

Well yeah I wish I could prove to myself that I am everybody but I can't find any proof.

5 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Well yeah I wish I could prove to myself that I am everybody but I can't find any proof.

Truth is non-provable. There will be no other to validate your awakening.

You have to be willing to put in the work to discover Truth within yourself. This requires discipline and commitment, it does not happen overnight.

Also, be honest with yourself if you are in a space in your life where you are ready to embark on this path.

If you try to understand these things, but don't have a solid life foundation to keep yourself motivated, you will drive yourself insane with over thinking.

There is no you that exists in the way you’re talking. Suffering is one “human” categorization of sensations which is an aspect built into difference and experience. Without noticeable differences, there is no capability for experience. A human life without suffering would also require that the opposite of suffering be removed as suffering and its opposite are on the same continuum. That would be a much more boring human existence. In practice, any difference in any experienced reality produces a type of suffering if there is memory and complex thought. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

46 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

The only proof of your absolute identity is non-conceptual, and is directly realized. When that happens, you will see the unity:

The Self seems to move, but is ever still.
He seems far away, but is ever near.
He is within all, and transcends all.
Those who see all creatures in themselves
And themselves in all creatures know no fear.
Those who see all creatures in themselves
And themselves in all creatures know no grief.
How can the multiplicity of life
Delude the one who sees its unity?

Your happiness doesn't hang on this realization. Enjoy the journey.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

6 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

I've been thinking about this for a while and noticing how stupid I am. All I seem to do is generate suffering for myself. 

The irony of this is that your judgement of yourself as a stupid person is also generating suffering for yourself, but you don't realise this because you believe  that self-judgement.

But you don't generate suffering for yourself because you're stupid, you generate suffering for yourself because you've been conditioned to resist the pain inside you - that happens unconsciously, it isn't your fault.

Feel that resistance, notice where you feel it in your body. Allow it to relax, let your body breathe.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

On 10/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

There is no you that exists in the way you’re talking. Suffering is one “human” categorization of sensations which is an aspect built into difference and experience. Without noticeable differences, there is no capability for experience. A human life without suffering would also require that the opposite of suffering be removed as suffering and its opposite are on the same continuum. That would be a much more boring human existence. In practice, any difference in any experienced reality produces a type of suffering if there is memory and complex thought. 

this 

@WokeBloke The natural order or universe has nothing to do with your self flagullation. You are innocent and wise already my friend. 

No need to be hard on yourself. The natural order gives you the privilege of thinking you're stupid or even thinking you exist at all. Why not use this gift to generate light and loving thought?