Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terell Kirby

Spirituality is an illusion

15 posts in this topic

Trippy insight...

I have reached a pretty high level of consciousness during this trip. This was one like non-other.

It's almost like God-realization and awakening are too separate things. Regular awakening to nature of God is not sufficient to completely annihilate all the deceptions of the ego. It feels like (and I am realizing this after trips and deep contemplating) that our spiritual journeys will ultimately be seen for what they are..illusions and distractions from Truth (that we are literally dreaming everything up).

It's a paradox though, because you have to participate in the illusion of spirituality to break out of the illusion.

Just realize...when you become God, you'll understand that spirituality will take a backseat along with ego...in the backseat of illusion.

As I see it, spirituality is the path to lucid dreaming. Waking up to your ultimate nature, within the dream, is the purpose of life. As Aldous Huxley put it:

The Perennial Philosophy appears in every age and civilization:

• There is an infinite, changeless reality beneath the world of change
  • This same reality lies at the core of every personality
  • The purpose of life is to discover this reality experientially, that is, to realize God while here on earth

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

The realization comes with an enormous sense of life purpose.

To see the beauty in life, and to love it fully.

True indeed.

@Terell Kirby ?

@Nahm So true. I was meditating this morning, and started to laugh. It caught me by surprise, because usually it is just a deep sense of peace and freedom. Maybe laughter is the ultimate liberation xD

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Spirituality leads nowhere (but it’s nether right nor wrong), because what you’re looking for can’t be known — everything known is automatically known as something, and therefore it seems like there’s something else, and this is not that. What you’re looking for, or really what is looked for by nothing separate, is all there is already. There’s just this highly detailed and only-apparently flawed (flawless) appearance, without real existence, without other, without meaning, and without alternative.

Edited by The0Self

6 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

that our spiritual journeys will ultimately be seen for what they are..illusions and distractions from Truth

If done properly it is not a distraction or an illusion, it is the uncovering and letting go of distractions and illusions.

Don't get so clever that you burn your boat before you crossed the river.

Discouraging people for doing spiritual work is not helpful to most people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Moksha said:

@Terell Kirby ?

@Nahm So true. I was meditating this morning, and started to laugh. It caught me by surprise, because usually it is just a deep sense of peace and freedom. Maybe laughter is the ultimate liberation xD

If you don't laugh, you ain't détached ?

So many stick in the ass on this forum that tries to appear as serious seekers, you can't fool us bois ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Discouraging people for doing spiritual work is not helpful to most people.

I agree. It’s a necessary endeavor, illusory or not. My insights are a bit advanced, not meant to discourage newbies.

I would not have gotten to the realization that spiritual work is illusory without actually partaking in spiritual work itself.

It's a self-regulating endeavor.

It consumes you and then it consumes itself, as any true deconstruction must do.

A self-erasing eraser.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Shin said:

If you don't laugh, you ain't détached ?

The ego takes life seriously, because it doesn't realize it only exists within the dream. ?  Some spiritual teachers are so intensely focused on the teaching that they forget the implications of what they are trying to teach. If someone is truly awake, how can they deny the irony? 9_9 As my man Tolle says:

Don’t trust a guru that never laughs.

31 minutes ago, Moksha said:

The ego takes life seriously, because it doesn't realize it only exists within the dream. ?  Some spiritual teachers are so intensely focused on the teaching that they forget the implications of what they are trying to teach. If someone is truly awake, how can they deny the irony? 9_9 As my man Tolle says:

Don’t trust a guru that never laughs.

Or smile :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them