Epikur

The HILL, Joe Rogan CALLS OUT Dr. Gupta For CNN Lying About Ivermectin

63 posts in this topic

I love Brian Stelter. How could you not trust this man?

Rogan claimed that Ivermectin was responsible for him quickly recovering from Covid.

This is way more harmful and unscientific than CNN saying Rogan took horse-dewormer.

Both statements were inaccurate, but Rogan's was more harmful to average people listening.

He's also quite anti-vaxx. Which makes no sense given that Ivermectin is made by Big Pharma.

If you believe that Ivermectin is scientific, then you should believe that the vaccine is 10x more scientific.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Rogan claimed that Ivermectin was responsible for him quickly recovering from Covid.

This is way more harmful and unscientific than CNN saying Rogan took horse-dewormer.

Both statements were inaccurate, but Rogan's was more harmful to average people listening.

He's also quite anti-vaxx. Which makes no sense given that Ivermectin is made by Big Pharma.

If you believe that Ivermectin is scientific, then you should believe that the vaccine is 10x more scientific.

But one of them lied intentionally and it was not the comedian.

18 minutes ago, Epikur said:

But one of them lied intentionally and it was not the comedian.

Why do you assume CNN intentionally lied but Rogan did not?

Intentional lying is rarely a problem with disinformation. The problems are ideological, epistemic, and perspectival. The mind warps and distorts reality to construct its own self-serving narratives. Rogan does this as much as or more than CNN.

Rarely is someone outright lying to you, mostly what they do is distort and frame the situation in a biased and partial way. CNN did that, and Rogan did that.

2 hours ago, Opo said:

If you can't invest half an hour in getting the vaccine you won't spend all the time and energy needed to get healthy. 

So you think people are too lazy or don't have the time to get vaccinated? That's a new one

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why do you assume CNN intentionally lied but Rogan did not?

Intentional lying is rarely a problem with disinformation. The problems are ideological, epistemic, and perspectival. The mind warps and distorts reality to construct its own self-serving narratives. Rogan does this as much as or more than CNN.

Rarely is someone outright lying to you, mostly what they do is distort and frame the situation in a biased and partial way. CNN did that, and Rogan did that.

In this case CNN lied. CNN is doing their distortion for years that is why their numbers came down 40% this year alone.

Joe Rogan lies too but he does not act like he has all the truth but CNN does. act like that. That is quite a difference.

23 minutes ago, Epikur said:

In this case CNN lied.

I wouldn't say they lied. They were just operating on group-think.

CNN is doing their distortion for years that is why their numbers came down 40% this year alone.

Their numbers are down because:

1) Election is over and Trump is out of office. Of course less people watch Biden because he's not an insane madman with nuclear weapons.

2) CNN does vanilla news, which is not sensational or overly partisan -- which nobody wants to hear in this highly polarized environment. People want to keep one side tearing apart the other side. CNN does not offer that. CNN does not offer drama or strong opinions. Vanilla reporting is not sexy.

Joe Rogan lies too but he does not act like he has all the truth but CNN does act like that. That is quite a difference.

In practice isn't not a big difference if Rogan's audience trust Rogan more than CNN.

6 hours ago, Harlen Kelly said:

Being fit is not a better defense for covid than the vaccine, this has been proven scientifically already. 

That does not mean that should not exercise, it does not mean that a fit person is as vulnerable as an obese person, it means that being fit in and of it self will not protect you from covid as much as the vaccine will. 

Come on' man if you asked anyone which they would rather be fit, healthy and unvaccinated or obese and vaxed most would rather be the healthy person.  

I think most people should be taking it but at the same time, your immune system plays a bigger role in immunity.  Most of the idiots that are hospitalized made bad decisions in their lives way before covid even happened.  

The general problem with TV and media is the low-quality content they put out. They rarely talk about nutrition, being happy, exercise EVER.  

The biggest problem with hyper-capitalist America is its consumerism, creating obese people, materialistic, scared of the world, popping pills left and right is how they keep the machine moving.  

I hold CNN and other media outlets on a higher standard than some podcasters because I know if they wanted to, their power to change the world is tremendous and yet they waste it all away focusing on problems and creating them.  

Edited by Tanz

Telling people to get fit is not a serious policy solution to a pandemic.

Of course get fit and eat right. But people are dying by the thousands in the meantime.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course get fit and eat right. But people are dying by the thousands in the meantime.

Of course its too late for many of those people, my point is, the culture has created this mess by not being conscious enough to focus on important things.  

If the news was more focused on bringing people together instead of focusing on a stupid tweet trump made, they could have created marathon charity events all over the country. Trumptards and Woke could have transformed their communities together.

There is no one in media conscious enough to admit they created the problems that exist in society by not being conscious enough. At the same time, I'm also guilty of not creating any media that is going across the world.  We all created covid by either not being conscious enough and or tenacious enough by exceeding our limitations.  

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

So you think people are too lazy or don't have the time to get vaccinated? That's a new one

Ugh. 

"So you think people are fat because the tv didn't tell them to stop stuffing their fat faces? That's a new one" 

2 hours ago, Tanz said:

Come on' man if you asked anyone which they would rather be fit, healthy and unvaccinated or obese and vaxed most would rather be the healthy person.  

This is an illogical, unscientific argument. Asking random people something does not prove the validity of your thesis, doing studies based on millions of data points from millions of people does. 

This is so basic.

2 hours ago, Tanz said:

I hold CNN and other media outlets on a higher standard than some podcasters because I know if they wanted to, their power to change the world is tremendous and yet they waste it all away focusing on problems and creating them.  

The media will reflect the average level of psychological development of a people, the media here in the US is not very holistic, systemic and advanced because the average American isn't.

2 hours ago, Tanz said:

There is no one in media conscious enough to admit they created the problems that exist in society by not being conscious enough.

This is another unscientific, groundless argument. Can you prove conclusively that ''media'' created the most pertinent issues of today's society? If you don't have any evidence for that, why would you make that argument? 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's how the average joe rogan viewer thinks, and they actually think they are making an intellectually valid point by saying that. If rigorous scientific and autonomous thinking was taught at schools, this wouldn't be such a wide-spread phenomenon. 

Edited by Harlen Kelly

TYT viewers seem to have trust issues with the comedian Jenk on that topic

8,8k dislikes vs 4,8 likes

Edited by Epikur
more stuff

9 minutes ago, Epikur said:

8,8k dislikes vs 4,8 likes

Maybe regular joe rogan viewers watched the video and disliked it. 

7 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

Maybe regular joe rogan viewers watched the video and disliked it. 

Even if you do not like Cenk he is still a bit entertaining. A bit like Alex Jones. Here his dislikes are much higher though he is more entertaining than Dave Chapelle. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7rks_OgayE
Dave Chappelle Jokes About Trans People

Edited by Epikur

Cenk does not have a good understanding of Rogan. He demonizes Rogan too much. Rogan does not hate trans people and Rogan is not really a right-winger.

But it's still the case that Rogan does a disservice to his audience on the Covid vaccine issue and Ivermectin. There is no clear science that Ivermectin is effective against Covid. There is enormous clear science that the vaccine is highly effective and safe.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Cenk does not have a good understanding of Rogan. He demonizes Rogan too much. Rogan does not hate trans people and Rogan is not really a right-winger.

But it's still the case that Rogan does a disservice to his audience on the Covid vaccine issue and Ivermectin. There is no clear science that Ivermectin is effective against Covid. There is enormous clear science that the vaccine is highly effective and safe.

Yeah, but I agree with Cenk. I think Gupta was too conciliatory with Rogan. He should've told Rogan in very frank manner that he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. He should've been like "Look no offense, but you never graduated from college, whereas I earned a Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Science from a top university. You didn't graduated from medical school, whereas I graduated from a top medical school. You didn't go through further rigorous medical training to a become a neurosurgeon, whereas I successfully did at a top university. You've never practiced as a medical doctor ever throughout your whole life, whereas I've practiced neurosurgery for decades at one of the most renowned medical centers/hospitals in the entire country. You haven't conversed, consulted, or interviewed countless other world class physicians and scientists including elite level virologists, immunologists, internists, FDA panelists, former and current FDAs commissioners, CDC panelists, former and current CDC Directors, etc. around the world, whereas I have. You haven't (or actually couldn't even if you tried) to read and comprehend the tens of hundreds of thousands of scholarly scientific and medical journals been published out there in the world pertaining to COVID-19 and the vaccine treatments for them all of which have been extremely substantiated with the highest level of intellectual scientific reasoning and total rock solid scientific and clinical evidence ever possible to the letter at the gold standard. What you are doing is providing an incredibly toxic influence on millions of Americans in our country because the kind of ring-wing conspiracy theories on these COVID-19 vaccines you keep talking about on your show is undermining the credibility and trust in the COVID-19 vaccines for the entire country, which consequently has lead to many more people suffering or dying from the deadly virus for no good reason."

5 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Yeah, but I agree with Cenk. I think Gupta was too conciliatory with Rogan. He should've told Rogan in very frank manner that he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. He should've been like "Look no offense, but you never graduated from college, whereas I earned a Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Science from a top university. You didn't graduated from medical school, whereas I graduated from a top medical school. You didn't go through further rigorous medical training to a become a neurosurgeon, whereas I successfully did at a top university. You've never practiced as a medical doctor ever throughout your whole life, whereas I've practiced neurosurgery for decades at one of the most renowned medical centers/hospitals in the entire country. You haven't conversed, consulted, or interviewed countless other world class physicians and scientists including elite level virologists, immunologists, internists, FDA panelists, former and current FDAs commissioners, CDC panelists, former and current CDC Directors, etc. around the world, whereas I have. You haven't (or actually couldn't even if you tried) to read and comprehend the tens of hundreds of thousands of scholarly scientific and medical journals been published out there in the world pertaining to COVID-19 and the vaccine treatments for them all of which have been extremely substantiated with the highest level of intellectual scientific reasoning and total rock solid scientific and clinical evidence ever possible to the letter at the gold standard. What you are doing is providing an incredibly toxic influence on millions of Americans in our country because the kind of ring-wing conspiracy theories on these COVID-19 vaccines you keep talking about on your show is undermining the credibility and trust in the COVID-19 vaccines for the entire country, which consequently has lead to many more people suffering or dying from the deadly virus for no good reason."

He's a nice civilized man so he isn't that type to be disrespectful to Joe.  
Equally, there are experts with similar credentials that say opposing things, so saying something is scientific and rock-solid doesn't hold much ground. On top of it, you are choosing to trust someone rather than doing the actual science yourself to discover the truth.  

Personally, I admit that I am lazy and do not care so I choose to trust those experts out of good faith.  I suggest for you be intellectually more honest. The FDA also approves junk food and cigarettes all of which give you cancer.  

@Hardkill Joe and his audience are not the types that blindly follow authority so if he tried that they would just laugh at him. 

What he should do is use his knowledge to explain to Joe why he is wrong. 

Joe has changed his mind before it just needs to be someone who knows what they are talking about. 

Brian Stelter did not disappoint:

Four little words — "do your own research" — are hurting the US pandemic response, CNN's chief media correspondent Brian Stelter said on "Reliable Sources" Sunday.

Minaj helped raise doubts about Covid-19 vaccines on Twitter last week, claiming she would only get the shots once she'd "done enough research." It may seem like a reasonable, even positive, attitude, and it is a favored talking point echoed by many in the right-wing media.

The problem is that most people simply don't know how to do their own research, especially when it comes to understanding the complexities of medical science.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/19/media/reliable-sources-covid-research/index.html

and:

Don’t Go Down the Rabbit Hole

Critical thinking, as we’re taught to do it, isn’t helping in the fight against misinformation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.html

Edited by Epikur