Raptorsin7

Test My Enlightenment

91 posts in this topic

@Someone here Maybe i'm not as enlightened as I thought I was?

Or maybe you don't have to know what consciousness is

@Raptorsin7 so what do you mean exactly by saying you are enlightened? What's the difference between you and me? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You'll never find the darkness by shining a flashlight on it to look for it. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Someone here Ultimately there is no difference. There's just consciousness here.

But practically, the difference is I realized the value/importance/primacy/everpresent nature of consciousness. Being conscious of experience is effortless, we are always conscious. 

There's nothing more important to me then simply being conscious

@Raptorsin7 and what exactly is the "importance" of being conscious? :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here I basically don't feel a need to seek. There's this sense of deep contentment, and a calm to my experience now.

I still have more to understand and grow into, but there seems to be unshakeable shift in my experience.

All of this came from just realizing the simplicity of me being conscious

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Someone here I basically don't feel a need to seek. There's this sense of deep contentment, and a calm to my experience now.

I still have more to understand and grow into, but there seems to be unshakeable shift in my experience.

All of this came from just realizing the simplicity of me being conscious

Sounds great! :)

There's no such thing as enlightenment anyway. If it seems like you are enlightened, that is perhaps a state of transcendence, or an understanding of the emptiness of phenomena, or perhaps the reverberations of a glimpse which is now being seen as important or valuable. There's nothing wrong or right with that, it's simply what's appearing.

All there is, is nothing (illogical boundlessness) appearing to happen. Whatever appears is simply boundless energy in that form. There isn't any meaning or purpose (limit) to anything at all.

When so called liberation occurs, one thing that is obvious is that it's the end of mystical experiences, because there's nothing actually happening. This is pure emptiness appearing as circumstances, which the apparent separate person appropriates as theirs/real.

Edited by The0Self

Definitely not the end.

Keep going.

Don't waste time being caught up thinking if you've reached the end or not. or if your "enlightened" or not.

Enlightenment is an idea you bought from culture. It doesn't exist. You don't even know if there is an end or not. And if there is it will be a 180 totally backwards mindfuck you would never 

be able to guess in a million years.

Edited by Byun Sean

6 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

Definitely not the end.

Keep going.

Don't waste time being caught up thinking if you've reached the end or not. or if your "enlightened" or not.

Enlightenment is an idea you bought from culture. It doesn't exist. You don't even know if there is an end or not. And if there is it will be a 180 totally backwards mindfuck you would never 

be able to guess in a million years.

It is completely unexpected, yes. There was never anyone on a path and no one ever does anything. Everything is being done by nothing. What's looked for hides ingeniously by already being everything.

The longing for "a something" is actually the longing for exactly whatever appears to be, aka everything.

Edited by The0Self

@Chris365

20 hours ago, Chris365 said:

So what happens now when a bad thought or feeling appears?

I note the aversion and the bad thought or feeling, instead of thinking I do something wron and things should be different.

If I think that, that's also noted as thought and feeling with the same awareness as the previous things.