Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atb210201

The importance of the statement "It doesn't matter"

25 posts in this topic

Lately from my little meditations that I've done (I'm saying this just to clarify that I have not much experience with this) I realized whatever comes to my mind when I use this statement "It doesn't matter" it makes me suddenly more aware of myself and no matter what deep thought about anything comes to my mind I just say to my thoughts it doesn't matter for example it doesn't matter if I die or not it doesn't matter if this reality is imaginary or not it doesn't matter if I'm infinite and unlimited I swear to fucking god which is myself it boosts my awareness up so much I'm sure this statement would be a great help for a lot of people to let go of the thoughts that comes to mind and become more aware it just is actually scary and terrifying sometimes how quickly it can make me realize awareness and I catch myself sometimes trying to not let go off my resistance to more awareness because it's so sudden sometimes it make me scared but this statement was a great help for me whenever I used it to meditate or even in my trip with mushrooms it was this statement that made me have some breakthrough

It's funny the topic title itself doesn't actually matter so the word importance is just a word to say nothing is important

Sounds awesome!

Nothing mattering in the end is far more natural than things mattering.

The longing for something just around the corner is actually always the longing for exactly whatever already appears to be.

There’s no one on a path. No separate things. Nothing known. What is wanted is what is feared: that anything can happen.

Edited by The0Self

It can be helpful when done appropriately and with wisdom.

When I'm going about my daily life and something is bothering me, I rarely try to stop my suffering by saying "it doesn't matter" and instead actually try and go into my feelings.

I used to default to "it doesn't matter" all the time because I lacked the knowledge on how to properly deal with my emotions so instead was just spiritually bypassing and mentally masturbating. 

"You Create Magic" 

5 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

When I'm going about my daily life and something is bothering me, I rarely try to stop my suffering by saying "it doesn't matter" and instead actually try and go into my feelings.

I used to default to "it doesn't matter" all the time because I lacked the knowledge on how to properly deal with my emotions so instead was just spiritually bypassing and mentally masturbating. 

If nothing matters then there ALSO isn't a problem with "you" going into your feelings to so-called properly deal with them...

Spiritual bypassing/mental masturbation isn't real because it suggests that there is a real wrong path that someone could accidentally take leading them further away from the correct path.

When it's recognized that there isn't a real right or wrong path, the idea of spiritual bypassing becomes a silly concept within the dream story of being a separate individual.

Don't paint your Prison Walls pink... See that their parameters are unreal.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

often

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

If nothing matters then there ALSO isn't a problem with "you" going into your feelings to so-called properly deal with them...

Spiritual bypassing/mental masturbation isn't real because it suggests that there is a real wrong path that someone could accidentally take leading them further away from the correct path.

When it's recognized that there isn't a real right or wrong path, the idea of spiritual bypassing becomes a silly concept within the dream story of being a separate individual.

Don't paint your Prison Walls pink... See that their parameters are unreal.

I often have a problem with your responses lol 

❤ :)

Why not say something like this when you're hungry? You're hungry? Oh it's not real. 

Maybe, but that doesn't help anything! 

"You Create Magic" 

45 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

often

Why not say something like this when you're hungry? You're hungry? Oh it's not real. 

I'm not trying to criticize or pick on you or anything like that. 

I'm hoping you can see how many concepts are typically held about the right or wrong way to be spiritual... there spewing out of the top for most so-called spiritual people.

Liberation has nothing to do with somehow falling into alignment with all these so-called correct spiritual concepts and landing on the one perfect path.

It's literally recognizing all these concepts are held by an imaginary "sense of self" attempting to get somewhere on the so-called spiritual path. 

There's nowhere to get to and no one that could get there. ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

often

Yeah that would basically be gaslighting/denial. Hunger is a function the apparent body must deal with. The thing is there's no one separate; no one in the body dealing with it. The body, which is boundless energy in that form, just deals with it. That doesn't help anything either, but it's simply pointing to what is beyond the story.

Edited by The0Self

12 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I'm not trying to criticize or pick on you or anything like that. 

I know you're not trying to criticize me but this is really frustrating 

I'm hoping you can see how many concepts are typically held about the right or wrong way to be spiritual... there spewing out of the top for most so-called spiritual people.

This is exactly what you are doing. I see concepts everywhere. I don't see enough non-concepts.

Liberation has nothing to do with somehow falling into alignment with all these so-called correct spiritual concepts and landing on the one perfect path.

It's literally recognizing all these concepts are held by an imaginary "sense of self" attempting to get somewhere on the so-called spiritual path. 

That is one part of liberation. Liberation is multi-faceted. 

There's nowhere to get to and no one that could get there

That and, I'm a human who feels and expresses a wide range of emotions. 

"You Create Magic" 

22 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Oh my gosh this is everything right here. This is what enlightenment looks like on a practical level– not having resistance to your feeling states.

Edited by Gianna

11 hours ago, The0Self said:

Yeah that would basically be gaslighting/denial. Hunger is a function the apparent body must deal with. The thing is there's no one separate; no one in the body dealing with it. The body, which is boundless energy in that form, just deals with it. That doesn't help anything either, but it's simply pointing to what is beyond the story.

No its not gaslighting. 

Death doesn't matter and is an apparent function the body must deal with but we talk about it all the time as being imaginary.

Where does it end? Hunger? Ugh. 

"You Create Magic" 

3 minutes ago, Gianna said:

oh my gosh this is everything right here. this is what enlightenment looks like.

There is a lot to be learned! It's not enlightenment, it's just dealing with life-stuff. 

"You Create Magic" 

Just now, Flowerfaeiry said:

There is a lot to be learned! It's not enlightenment, it's just dealing with life-stuff. 

It's having no resistance to life stuff :) 

1 minute ago, Gianna said:

It's having no resistance to life stuff :) 

Resistance is normal too tbh. It would make things easier to not have it though haha

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry Well, I'm just saying, how do you create a dream? By having no resistance to it. This is why I say it is 'enlightening'. Of course you are right, it's normal to have resistance and very difficult not to. But people who train themselves to be allowing of everything are the people who are walking on water and having bullets go through them and their wisdom teeth being pulled out for bliss. haha. fucking insane, but it's really just the point that matters– don't be afraid to feel. Or rather, don't avoid your feelings. That's where it starts at least. But play it forward. 

Edited by Gianna

6 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I know you're not trying to criticize me but this is really frustrating 

This is exactly what you are doing. I see concepts everywhere. I don't see enough non-concepts.

That is one part of liberation. Liberation is multi-faceted. 

That and, I'm a human who feels and expresses a wide range of emotions. 

Yes its frustrating. That's why it's referred to as the cosmic joke.

The ME that finds it frustrating isn't a real entity.

The ME that feels like it needs to find something or understand something for liberation to occur isn't a real entity.

Yes, emotions arise in the body and this message is not denying that.

This message is saying there isn't a real owner of these emotions and feelings.... it's an illusion of self.

And this recognition can be shockingly ordinary. ❤

it doesn't matter is real easy, it is virtually everything

mull over what does matter

how are you dealing with it

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes its frustrating. That's why it's referred to as the cosmic joke.

The ME that finds it frustrating isn't a real entity.

The ME that feels like it needs to find something or understand something for liberation to occur isn't a real entity.

Yes, emotions arise in the body and this message is not denying that.

This message is saying there isn't a real owner of these emotions and feelings.... it's an illusion of self.

And this recognition can be shockingly ordinary. 

But I'm not arguing this.

I stated things I notice in myself and ways I deal with my emotions and you said they're not real. 

That doesn't help me. 

Are you saying you meditate on nothingness? Is remembering nothingness a way to deal with life problems? 

I want to know what the practical aspect of remembering the non-real quality to reality is.

"You Create Magic"