Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atb210201

The importance of the statement "It doesn't matter"

25 posts in this topic

@Flowerfaeiry Oh it is practical in my experience at least it was till now whenever I feel my ego rising up to hold on and cling to things and conversations I remind myself that this is all my illusion and I'm actually everything that's happening which makes a big difference in the outcome of the energy in that situation

@gettoefl Yeah still trying on that relative subject to find the things that matters to me and create them I don't have an answer actually for that even for myself

3 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

But I'm not arguing this.

I stated things I notice in myself and ways I deal with my emotions and you said they're not real. 

That doesn't help me. 

Are you saying you meditate on nothingness? Is remembering nothingness a way to deal with life problems? 

I want to know what the practical aspect of remembering the non-real quality to reality is.

Well the message attempts to point out that the individual experiencer of said emotions is an illusion of self.

So in that sense it's a completely useless message because it disregards the wants and needs of an illusory individual searching for a correct recipe to deal with life's problems.

Simply put:  It doesn't leave a leg for the "sense of self" to stand on.

There isn't a solution for an unreal problem.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

13 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Well the message attempts to point out that the individual experiencer of said emotions is an illusion of self.

So in that sense it's a completely useless message because it disregards the wants and needs of an illusory individual searching for a correct recipe to deal with life's problems.

Simply put:  It doesn't leave a leg for the "sense of self" to stand on.

There isn't a solution for an unreal problem.

Yea exactly. I am a seemingly "separate self" who still must deal with "human" problems.

Do you go about your life saying there aren't "solutions" because the problems are actually "imaginary"?

I'm trying to wrack my brain for a world where I would always default to remembering that I am imaginary and there isn't any "real" me when I'm faced with emotions. 

It upsets me when I say something about my life and someone comes in and says "remember, your "self" is just an illusion". That's armchair philosophy in this context. 

Is this what actualized.org teaches? To deal with life this way? 

"You Create Magic" 

39 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Yea exactly. I am a seemingly "separate self" who still must deal with "human" problems.

Do you go about your life saying there aren't "solutions" because the problems are actually "imaginary"?

I'm trying to wrack my brain for a world where I would always default to remembering that I am imaginary and there isn't any "real" me when I'm faced with emotions. 

It upsets me when I say something about my life and someone comes in and says "remember, your "self" is just an illusion". That's armchair philosophy in this context. 

Is this what actualized.org teaches? To deal with life this way? 

It's not something that's remembered, it's a clear recognition that this seemingly real self is a complete illusion. It's a completely personal experience with an impersonal outcome.

So-called positive and negative emotions and feelings can still arise but they are no longer identified with by the sticky self illusion claiming ownership over all experience.(ie. my emotional baggage).

And yes of course human problems still arise like needing money to purchase food and a place to live. 

Nothing matters transcends the self illusion that would immediately ask the question "so then what do I get out of it" or "so how does this help me".

It's the recognition there isn't a ME, there only seems to be.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi