Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tolo

Why are highly sensitive people spiritually more open than others?

19 posts in this topic

Is anyone else a highly sensitive person (HSP) here? I have noticed that HSP people tend to be more spiritual than others. 

I have two different hypothesis, but I`m not quite sure:

1. HS people suffer more because of their natural sensitivity and empathy, and because of the incomprehensible of our society. And suffering leads to a spiritual path. 

2. HS people can sense much more than the "normal" person, and that’s why many HSP people tend to follow a  spiritual path,  since they can sense that there is something more than the reality we learn about. 

What do you guys think? 

I think both hypotheses are accurate.  

Highly sensitive people are still 'fresh out of heaven'. Things tend to impact them 10x more emotionally because of that.  They're also aware of things that others inevitably became dulled to. 

???????

5 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

'fresh out of heaven'

what do you mean with that exactly? :) 

2 minutes ago, tolo said:

what do you mean with that exactly? :) 

HSP haven't lost that knowing they had when they re-emerged out of pure positive energy. 

???????

4 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

HSP haven't lost that knowing they had when they re-emerged out of pure positive energy. 

Okay got it! :) 

Sure, I'm a male that's more sensitive than usual. Sensitivity can perhaps be likened to be a more feminine quality. I sometimes think of it that it may be accurate to say that someone who is highly sensitive is in general a more developed soul, at least in the feminine aspect. This world is obviously quite unhealthy bend towards masculinity, quite dense/steeped in physicality, and of course when you're more sensitive that doesn't resonate much with you. Spirituality is just a softer thing -much softer than trying to achieve success (as a materialist defines success) or such and that environment will make you suffer more-  which is more in alignment with the gentler/softer nature of someone more sensitive. Those are my thoughts anyway

Edited by Waken

Also a very sensitive person on the path. Makes sense.

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

11 minutes ago, Waken said:

Sure, I'm a male that's more sensitive than usual. Sensitivity can perhaps be likened to be a more feminine quality. I sometimes think of it that it may be accurate to say that someone who is highly sensitive is in general a more developed soul, at least in the feminine aspect. This world is obviously quite unhealthy bend towards masculinity, quite dense/steeped in physicality, and of course when you're more sensitive that doesn't resonate much with you. Spirituality is just a softer thing -much softer than trying to achieve success (as a materialist defines success) or such and that environment will make you suffer more-  which is more in alignment with the gentler/softer nature of someone more sensitive. Those are my thoughts anyway

HSP knows no gender, but HS men are less accepted in many societies and cultures, therefore men get to give up their sensitivity. 

Edited by tolo

I'm an HSP. It's difficult being an HSP because if I'm friendly with someone I almost feel their emotions. 

When I am being extremely sensitive, I cry very hard for hours and hours as the pain of emotion or feeling is unbearable

I tend to absorb my environment and psychically feel people around me which can sometimes make me sick.. 

I usually need more rest time. 

I tend to see deeper meanings to pictures, images, colors and expressions.. Where people don't see a deep meaning. 

I feel things that can make me physically sick. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

16 minutes ago, tolo said:

HSP knows no gender, but HS men are less accepted in many societies and cultures, therefore men get to give up their sensitivity. 

Ah yes, that all resonates. However, I wasn't talking about the body/gender, but meant that sensitivity is more of a feminine energy. In the way that every person has both masculine and feminine energies. Like, perhaps, you could say that achieving is more of a masculine energy and receptivity and sensitivity more of a feminine one.

1 minute ago, Waken said:

Ah yes, that all resonates. However, I wasn't talking about the body/gender, but meant that sensitivity is more of a feminine energy. In the way that every person has both masculine and feminine energies. Like, perhaps, you could say that achieving is more of a masculine energy and receptivity and sensitivity more of a feminine one.

Ah okay got it! 

@tolo yeah I'm an HSP in the South. That's *nobody's* idea of a man around here. Although I did adapt and I think this quality served me well as an adult, especially when I was a newspaper editor. 

9 minutes ago, Waken said:

Anima in other words. Just started studying Jung... 

@Late Boomer Had to google that word. According to google: Anima 1. PSYCHOANALYSIS (in Jungian psychology) the feminine part of a man's personality.

Yep, makes sense. Thanks

Sensitivity is intuitive spirituality. It is the realization that there isn't just "me", and that there is a sameness between "me" and "them". Dive into it, and you will dissolve.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Sensitive vs rational are very related to the development of diferent brain hemispheres, and I doubt it can be trained, it's mainly genetic.

For some reason sensitives tend to be more open minded to spirituality and rationals to skepticism.... unless they try psichedellics

I am a hsp and i have very low tolerence to stress and negetive emotions.i went through enormous suffering before i found meditation.i will get depressed  and very   bad if do not meditate and hence i meditate.society has not been kind to me.i cant remeber a phase where i am at stage red.i went through stage red quickly hence i do not have that foundation which create a lot of problem since many people in society are stage red. 

When a person identifies less with thought and what they believe themselves to be they become more aware of thoughts that do not resonate with them. What they are if they are not the thought of self and all the things attached, is simply pure awareness. You can see the link between being aware of and being sensitive "to". Essentially there is no "to", there is just awareness. However, ironically thoughts of being spiritual or being a highly sensitive person can become part of the identity again, they seem to color over the awareness itself, which is only now and knows no other or no "more than".  Thinking of oneself as more sensitive than others can also be an excuse to hold in place misunderstanding and suffering rather than to observe and watch it for what it truly is. However from the personal thought based perspective, does it seem that some people are more sensitive than others to certain things? Yes. However thought is not aware itself. It never knows it is always known. 

The person who read the previous paragraph and understood it or not, liked it or disliked it, is a thought, that Awareness is aware of. This has ALWAYS been the case and has never been the case, other than now. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost