Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gianna

What is alchemy?

11 posts in this topic

I’m trying to acquaint myself with alchemy. I’m looking it up and reading some things. But I feel like it would help to hear everyone’s personal interpretation of the word— deeper meanings, definitions, and purposes of alchemy. Etc. ? thank you guys! 

It's the transmutation of hurt, trauma, suffering, etc with release and love and clarity. You can if you desire start to gain insight into "bad things" that happen to you, what they were trying to show you, striking synchronicities, how you created it, etc. It requires opening your mind and letting go of the identification, or the suffering itself, as if rather than being a character in the story you are the author/observer. You, from the author vantage point have access to the insight and greater perspective that knows why that challenge was written in. This cannot be done in any other way than dropping thoughts that we believe are true but feel awful to think, (the suffering along with a thought indicates that this thought is from the character who has forgotten their true origins, not the Source of the character) and reaching for love. 

It's like a biblical purifying fire, everything that is not gold is burned up. Except in that light, we see that nothing needed to be destroyed or changed, or gotten rid of to get what we wanted. It already was that. 

"All that glitters is gold." Led Zeppelin

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Isn't alchemy basically modern chemistry without spirituality and philosophy. Today we have separated science and religion, and then we got chemistry. If you want to do alchemy i think you need a lot of knowledge in chemistry. 

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

It's the transmutation of hurt, trauma, suffering, etc with release and love and clarity.

Wow, I am blown away. This is exactly what i wrote in my journal this morning but I wasn't sure. It's what triggered my search and now here it is. This response fits me like a glove. I am currently trying to transmute my hurt, trauma, pain, and suffering. And 'Alchemy' is what is being brought to me. And now perfectly explained. Thanks Mandy <3 I'm going to take a slow and close look at this response.
btw, I love your youtube channel!! I subscribed and have been watching your videos. Your dive into language and its synchronicity with etymology really helps! 

I think I use the term for inner alchemy, which is changing myself into Gold. Changing my inner condition and doing real growth. 

It's a pretty loaded word. Worth doing a search on Amazon to see what books come up.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Gianna said:

@Nahm Ooolala! Looks like I am getting somewhere then. Haha. Thanks @Nahm

That just amused me no end for some reason, too cute! ???

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

58 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

speaking of which strongly recommend The Alchemist a novel by Brazilian author Paulo Coelho, one of the ten best books i read

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Alchemist_(novel)

Second!  This book is outstanding and littered with enlightenment wisdom, packaged in a fun children's story.  The Neverending Story is another like that.