Thought Art

Forgiving Yourself and moving on from past self deceptions

9 posts in this topic

So, as I have been processing along my spiritual and self actualizing journey a common thread that has come up is: Self deception.

I think when we begin this journey we are so thoroughly self deceived, selfish, ignorant, desperate, confused, etc that wrapping our head around ideas like nihilism, freedom, life purpose, God realization/ spiritual awakening is a risky and challenging endeavour.

I have been and will continue to put my mental models of reality to the test as I continue to clear up my mind, become wise, integrated, sane and balanced. 

Sometimes a common occurrence for me is a sense of guilt or shame  about a past believe, action, thought, idea etc that was based in self deception. This is often met with a fear of how deceived I am right now in this present moment. If I have been deceived in the past why not be deceived right now? HoweverI realized that self deception is so powerful and deep that there is really nothing to be ashamed of. 

Self deception is the norm on planet earth. So, be easy on yourself and make small efforts every single day to aligned more and more with truth. 

We are all foolish, make mistakes and have elements in our past which are less than ideal and we must accept that our pasts are how they had to be to get us to where we are now. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Watch the video...Self-Deception by actualized.org. 

Edited by hyruga

@hyruga It was one of the first I watched. I must have watched it a few times.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

self deception is unconscious - since if you knew you were doing it you would no longer be deceived

it is the bad you are doing that you don't know you are doing

self bias is me acting in favor of me - this can be conscious and unconscious

self deception is the extent to which unconscious self bias rules your life ... (self promotion ... conscious ... life)

i act on my behalf, yet am unaware of it

something to contemplate

Edited by gettoefl

Have you ever thought how pathetic The Office would be in you removed the most pathetic characters? Ironically our being pathetic and foolish is what makes us great. Cosmic joke. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Yes, one should be gentle with herself/himself.

I also did lots of mistakes and I had many stupid ideas and thoughts as well,

I don't want to talk about my behavior which was amazingly stupid in the past compered to the person I am today.

Once in a while I catch my head with my hands recalling something stupid, awkward or embarrassing from the past and I say the common phrase: "I'm so stupid"

But then, I become aware to what I just said to myself and I remind to myself that it's OK that I'm not perfect. I don't have to be that harsh with myself,

I'm improving myself everyday an polishing myself as if I'm a diamond, day by day I becoming who I am supposed to be, going towards my full potential, life is continuous process of improvement and learning, it's so great isn't it? That we have the ability to improve, to change, to adapt?

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

Forgiveness can certainly make things seem lighter. But it overlooks the reality: there's nothing to forgive.

@The0Self

Yeah, but forgivness is letting go of the resentful thoughts one holds in mind, until realization happens, that there we're nothing to forgive in the first palace. Course on miracles stated this beautifully, "god is The love in which I forgive. God doesn't need to forgive, cause, it isn't resentful in the first place. You just need to surrender the resentful thoughts to see the love of god beyond.

Love is the truth, love, love, love.❤️