blessedlion1993

Can i avoid wage slavery this way? (untraditional)

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Serious question, I am almost 30 and figure if i work a few more years i can have 500K saved up. I have my money invested in stocks (70%) and Crypto (30%) This provided an avg return of 20%/year.

I want to have the option to stop working, not like i will for sure, but just to have that option. I figure at 500K if i get a return yearly of even 7% (stock market avg) but let's account for taxes and saving, 5%

That's around 2K/month "salary"

In the US that's pretty bad but I have lived in Mexico, Brazil & Peru where you can live comfortably for 1K /month and I'm talking transportation, nice housing, doctor visits, yoga and gym membership, healthy food, etc. It would be simpler living, but not impossible.

Is this realistic or am i missing something?

Thx

Edited by blessedlion1993

On 9/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, blessedlion1993 said:

I figure at 500K if i get a return yearly of even 7% (stock market avg) but let's account for taxes and saving, 5%

I would definitely not expect more than that.

I don’t know how long you’ve been investing, but 20% ARR is not normal or likely sustainable unless you’re like Ray Dalio or you become one of these crypto millionaires.

On 9/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, blessedlion1993 said:

I think it may be realistic IF you move overseas and you’re not planning on having a family, have health insurance and can just live super basic.

Either way, you’re probably going to want to do some kind of work. Human beings need purpose, that’s why Leo talks about finding your LP a lot.

Your plan is doable, but I would never live in brazil, mexico, peru.. in certain zones human life doesnt worth shit, and they can kill you for stealing your smartphone or 100 bucks, also police is corrupted and there are lot of narco cartels that would extort you and require a monthly fee.

5 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

Your plan is doable, but I would never live in brazil, mexico, peru.. in certain zones human life doesnt worth shit, and they can kill you for stealing your smartphone or 100 bucks, also police is corrupted and there are lot of narco cartels that would extort you and require a monthly fee.

lol Just in very few areas this happens, like favelas for example. You don't know shit about my country.

We have a lot of safe states and regions. It's way better to live here than in a cold, dark shithole full of smelly people like the UK.

When I was in the UK, there was a lot of trash on the streets. A lot of people spitting on the streets. Terrible. Do you guys consider spiting healthy or something?

Here in Brazil, it's extremely rude and disgusting.

Edited by Tudo

Amazing how after centuries of exploiting and stealing other countries, that shithole full of ugly smelly people was everything you guys could build.

I just can't fucking believe that you guys still have stuff like the royal family and stuff. omg. A bunch of spoiled disgusting people that undermines democracy and progress.

One of the proofs that the Uk belongs to the past.

Edited by Tudo

@Tudo Oi , ta bom!? I fucking love Brazil and this guy clearly doesn't know what he is talking about, full of fear and ignorance. I lived in Leblon for a month and felt safer than i do in los angeles, not to mention the amazing people, vibrant life and BEAUTIFUL women.

This is why i want to move out there and life would be great.

Sorry @Shawn Philips but you are incorrect. While it always smart to be safe no matter where you travel, to label all of south america as dangerous is just plain ignorance. This is what all my family and friends think and i live most of my life out there and i feel safer than i do in the west

Edited by blessedlion1993

I would find more steady investments with a lower return rate if I was trying to live off it like that personally. That or solid ownership of some sort of a patent or business that brings in cash. The market doesn't always go up and a multi year bear market could really hurt your invested capital if you have to draw from it.  

Yeah it would likely work. Idk about about mexico but my country (Czech Republic) has a pretty good standard of living and the average salary here is 1 - 1.5k USD / month. 

So probably consider a European country where people have lower salaries but the same standard of living. 

It probably wouldn't work in Germany because they have higher salaries (probably similar to the US).

@blessedlion1993

You could look into realestate. 500k at 7% market return makes 35k annually. A 500k airbnb for example nets about 260k annually. Many risks & disclaimers apply of course, but look into it if interested. You could also split the investment among a variety of locations, and live in them, while also using the money to stay / travel to wherever you want. 

Psychologically, loa & spheres wise, avoidance or the escaping of something doesn’t created much. Focus upon wanted does. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 9/7/2021 at 10:19 PM, blessedlion1993 said:

Hi guys,

Serious question, I am almost 30 and figure if i work a few more years i can have 500K saved up. I have my money invested in stocks (70%) and Crypto (30%) This provided an avg return of 20%/year.

I want to have the option to stop working, not like i will for sure, but just to have that option. I figure at 500K if i get a return yearly of even 7% (stock market avg) but let's account for taxes and saving, 5%

That's around 2K/month "salary"

In the US that's pretty bad but I have lived in Mexico, Brazil & Peru where you can live comfortably for 1K /month and I'm talking transportation, nice housing, doctor visits, yoga and gym membership, healthy food, etc. It would be simpler living, but not impossible.

Thx

I would set 5 or 6 years, spend 50k max your life purpose and on some skill that gets you some money!

The idea is you can live a life earning through your skill and have the 450k as a backup for emergencies.

I don't know about investing so I won't comment on that.

However, I would invest in a skill that would give me fulfillment. Because I was working a job where I was getting paid but I literally didn't do any work at all. Literally swiped in and swiped out. It was not a fun experience because after a while you will get bored without any purpose. 

I would say
Skill => Business => money from business invest

and have the 450k as a backup in case something happens 

However this is my 2 cents 

@Nahm 

Thank you for the feedback. I don't know if i could handle the stress of managing an AirBNB, but real estate is a good idea What do you mean by; "Psychologically, loa & spheres wise, avoidance or the escaping of something doesn’t created much. Focus upon wanted does. "

@Michal__Czech is awesome and that's a great idea! Thanks

@VidoThank you for your input, investing in LP is never a bad idea

@Tudo Bom brigado. Y Sim, muito! <3 

@blessedlion1993

The difference between focus on escaping X vs creating Y seems subtle but is not. It is actually thee difference. 

8 hours ago, blessedlion1993 said:

@Nahm 

Thank you for the feedback. I don't know if i could handle the stress of managing an AirBNB, but real estate is a good idea What do you mean by; "Psychologically, loa & spheres wise, avoidance or the escaping of something doesn’t create much. Focus upon wanted does. "

Focusing on escaping is focusing on the absence of, or the no longer experiencing of, what you don’t want. Not that I’m trying to push any specific avenue, but the stress doesn’t come from the managing, but from the lens, from what and the way one is interpreting & focusing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE