SQAAD

Leo's Last Video - WOW

64 posts in this topic

Leo's last video is super deep and talks about topics that noone has even touched. Maybe his best video. Just incredible. Wow!!! I am lucky.

It's hard not to be biased against suffering and pain though. Because it inherently feels just terrible-_- Science or God doesn't tell us that suffering and pain is bad but it feels bad and therefore it is bad. That's what bad means.

Edited by SQAAD

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Because it inherently feels just terrible-_- Science or God doesn't tell us that suffering and pain is bad but it feels bad and therefore it is bad.

No, actually the badness is not inherent. That's the point.

If you feel pain consciously you'll realize it is not inherently bad. It's just a very deep unconscious bias.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you feel pain consciously you'll realize it is not inherently bad. It's just a very deep unconscious bias.

Well pain lowers consciousness so hard to get out of that.

@Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Pain inherently doesn't feel good and there is not much i can do to change that. This is not a bias i think. Maybe Ramana Maharshi himself would not enjoy getting tortured by some Mexican drug cartel animals. I don't know for sure though. He was one of a kind. Maybe 1 in a 8 billion people.

Also having sex with a goat doesn't release the same dopamine as having sex with a striper. Eating brocolli won't release the same dopamine as eating an ice-cream. I think all these things are not just simply biases. They are biases but these biases are somewhat justified we might say.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD Pain and pleasure are the mother of all biases.

There is nothing truthful about them. Zero truth.

@Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@SQAAD Pain and pleasure are the mother of all biases.

There is nothing truthful about them. Zero truth.

They exist though, so they are truthful.

@SQAAD

Just now, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura

They are not inherent to reality. It is just a bias we have because pain feels "bad" to us and pleasure feels "good" to us. 

I put "bad" and "good" in quotations because notice that these are also biases. There's no Truth to good and bad, nor is there any truth to pain and pleasure. They are concepts we use in the relative domain for our survival - which, also has nothing to do with Truth. 

2 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura

they are conditions for the monkey to do this and not that and the individual/tribe/ species survive. biological switches, software. they are what creates the illusion of the individual, who blocks the doors of perception

@Vision

6 minutes ago, Vision said:

@SQAAD

They are not inherent to reality. It is just a bias we have because pain feels "bad" to us and pleasure feels "good" to us. 

I put "bad" and "good" in quotations because notice that these are also biases. There's no Truth to good and bad, nor is there any truth to pain and pleasure. They are concepts we use in the relative domain for our survival - which, also has nothing to do with Truth. 

Maybe pain and pelasure is not inherent to reality but it is inherent to my every day experience of life. Some things feel good and some things feel bad, there is not changing that. It's hard to love eating a turd. There is no way i can start enjoying beheadings and tortures. Yes its a preference , a bias. But still the not enjoying of the experience is not a mere bias.

I can start enjoying raw fish and other stuff but i'll never enjoy getting my finger cut by a knife slowly. Unless maybe i am Ramana Maharshi but even then i highly doubt it is possible.

Edited by SQAAD

14 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura

Everything exists. The point is, why are you so damned biased in relating to what exists?

@Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Everything exists. The point is, why are you so damned biased in relating to what exists?

I don't really know. I prefer truth from fantasies, that's my bias. But i can enjoy fantasies as well. Also i think we can only relate to things that exist. Even things that do not exist, exist in our heads, thats the paradox.

Edited by SQAAD

Just now, SQAAD said:

Maybe pain and pelasure is not inherent to reality but it is inherent to my every day experience of life. Some things feel good and some things feel bad, there is not changing that. It's hard to love eating a turd. There is no way i can start enjoying beheadings and tortures.

There is no contradiction here. That is correct.

Just now, SQAAD said:

But still the not enjoying of the experience is not a mere bias.

That is why you have a bias against it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with bias per se. We'll probably always have biases. If we didn't, we would die. The point is, it doesn't have anything to do with Truth. 

Truth is not prescriptive. Just because pain and pleasure are relative terms that have no basis in reality, doesn't mean that you go up to a persecutor and volunteer to be tortured. 

7 minutes ago, Vision said:

Truth is not prescriptive. Just because pain and pleasure are relative terms that have no basis in reality, doesn't mean that you go up to a persecutor and volunteer to be tortured. 

That's exactly what the breakthrough of it could mean.

And it's exactly what has happened.

Edited by Windappreciator

51 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

But still the not enjoying of the experience is not a mere bias.

The existence of your butthole is a bias within the mind of God.

You did not understand my video at all. Casting pearls before swine.

@Vision

38 minutes ago, Vision said:

To me, pain and pleasure are not merely relative terms and also they have a serious basis in reality.. It is an absolute since the relative is the absolute. 99.9%-100% of people won't enjoy getting tortured. That makes it pretty absolute also.  

Edited by SQAAD

@Leo Gura

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The existence of your butthole is a bias within the mind of God.

You did not understand my video at all. Casting pearls before swine.

There are definitely some parts which i did not understand. I thought you said God is the absence of all biases also. So even God has biases.

Okay then we could say that enjoying ice-cream more than brocolli (because God made it a lot more dopaminergic) is a bias of God. In that case i can learn to enjoy brocolli but it will never love it the same as ice-cream (because of inherently different neurochemical levels.)

Edited by SQAAD

The only things that are biased are concepts, because they're tied up to survival. The infamous phrase 'Curiosity killed the cat'...if the cat was thinking, it wouldn't have gotten killed. If an ant was thinking, they wouldn't have built their ant hill in the middle of the walking path. You get the drift. Biases are a survival mechanism and are conceptual, not actual.