spiritual memes

How to deal with deep rooted limiting beliefs and fears?

28 posts in this topic

@spiritual memes 

this vid is pretty good

If you do things to take care of your physicality, to raise your vibration, the mind will mature by itself. Do high level spiritual practices, I find Isha the best for this. Take cold showers daily, eat as healthy as possible, do intermittent fasting. Semen retention, exercise. As these things raise up your whole system, along with the mind.

Most of your problems would be down to genetics, for example Isha has practices that disconnect you from your family genetics, and other practices that strengthen your lower chakras, lower chakras determine how competent you will be in the world.

@spiritual memes In my experience false beliefs and trauma that we hold has an energetic structure to it. Just ignoring them or choosing a new thought will not solve the issues you are having. The energy needs to be released or transmuted. Look into The Emotion Code and The Body Code by Dr Bradley Nelson. They have practitioners in most areas you can work with. It is a highly effective therapy. Profound changes often occur in one session. 

Edited by Matthew85

"On an intellectual level, I understand that these beliefs are *completely* false"

Fixed it for ya. I resonate a lot with what you wrote in myself the last 10 years since I was a teenager. 

All your negative views of yourself are falsehood, serving only to perpetuate a victim-self that wants to sustain itself indefinitely. You have to learn to love that part of yourself that has been massively hurt doing your childhood, love it unconditionally, really feel into it, allow yourself to lay and cry your guts out in a pillow. 

This extremely emotional masterpiece of music can help you in diving into that hurt self residing in your soul/mind. Feel. Really allow yourself to feel whatever arises. Place close attention to your breath, stomach, legs and throat as you feel.

The hurt self with all it's deeply sad, false, damaging beliefs will forever remain until you fully acknowledge it with all the love you can foster ❤️

Love you ❤️

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 2021-09-03 at 10:17 PM, spiritual memes said:

I've been meditating and doing self enquiry consistently for almost 2 years and it has helped me greatly. However, doing self enquiry has uncovered a bunch of deeply rooted limiting beliefs about myself and reality. These stem from trauma at an early age and manifest themselves in my present reality which greatly limits my social life, career and especially my dating life. Some of these beliefs are:

• I am fundamentally disgusting and repulsive on the inside
  • Everyone is secretly laughing at me behind my back
  • I am incompetent at life and can't get anything done
  • Other people have something within them that I am lacking which allows them to be successful and happy
  • I am weak minded
  • There is something wrong with me that other people can easily notice

I have also noticed a deep rooted fear of intimacy. I tend to keep people at an arms length and don't reveal much about myself. I physically cringed when visualising myself being intimate with someone even though I really want an intimate relationship. 

On an intellectual level, I understand that these beliefs are probably false or exaggerated and I can come up with countless examples proving them wrong but these beliefs seem to work on an emotional level and simply FEEL true and therefore continue to manifest themselves in my reality. These beliefs are so deeply rooted that I have developed my personality and ego around them making them insanely hard to get rid of.

How do I overcome these limiting beliefs? If anyone has gone through anything similar or has any ideas, it would be deeply appreciated

Continue to notice them when they arise.

See the thought narrative and the accompaning feeling in the body and let that feeling go. They will gradually lose momentum until they no longer arise.