Martin123

Sage Mode

100 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's your life, you can live it however you want. If you want to be an enlightened slob who works at 7/11, up to you, but you ain't ever gonna be even close to the highest degrees of consciousness available, or a good human being. You're gonna be a half-enlightened Zen-devil who thinks he knows it all living in his mom's basement, jerking off in the dark.

This is delusion.  Its just snobbery.  Mastery is a relative concept, born of relativistic ideas.  Its got nothing to do with nondulaism.  You cannot marry nondualism with dualism.  In the egoic mind you can, you can have your stupid ideals and messed up distorted misconceptions about nonduality as much as you want.  And hold both as paradox.  This is still ego tho, and its nothing to do with nonduality.  Nonduality is the vision you understand when duality is finished, uprooted from the mind.  Its not a both / and, its one or the other.  You cant be deluded and be undeluded at the same time.  

@kurt Then what does an enlightened person do? the personality stays, beliefs stay (otherwise you wouldn't be able to function). there is still "programming" - my uneducated guess is it's impossible to get rid of "values" - you still make decisions, regardless. you make these decisions based on something, right?

If you aren't acting compassionately, than this is based on a set of beliefs. still!

I am trying to figure out. Are you saying that enlightened people have no - beliefs, values, opinion, stored knowledge, interpretations? how do they choose what to eat? how do they choose where to work?

every choice is based on something. We move our hands, we open our mouths, we talk to certain people, we do something because of beliefs, stored knowledge etc. We have to make decisions - whether it's action or inaction.

I know I am not qualified to make these assertions, like you've already pointed out, but from what I know it seems pretty logical, right?

Edited by CreativeInertia

@CreativeInertia I get rid of values every day.  Try it.  Sit still in silence and watch how your mind comes up with an ideal.  Watch the pain that comes with it, the duality between your ideal and the situation that triggered it.  Then understand that the reason you are in pain is because you have an idea that is in conflict with reality.  That is your conditioning because you wore this pattern in over a long period of time it became "normal" and that is what you mistake yourself for.  Once you release the ideal you feel the bliss of who you are.  The ideal will come back,  keep working on it and you will eventually condition yourself to stay "in the heart" (your mind will turn around and rest in its source).. If you can create a conditioning for self inquiry and decondition yourself to uphold stupid values that do nothing but delude you, you will become free of all your conditioning.  Thats purification process.  As long as youre extroverting your mind and doing "self development" you are conditioning your mind to extrovert.  You will never become self realized doing this.  At the moment you are theorizing and idealizing about enlightenment.  Do the actual work, because the more you theorize the ore you will end up deluded by these ideals and the suffering will not cease.  When you have done that you will see for yourself what is real, and you will understand what im saying.  

Edited by kurt

19 minutes ago, CreativeInertia said:

@kurt Then what does an enlightened person do? the personality stays, beliefs stay (otherwise you wouldn't be able to function). there is still "programming" - my uneducated guess is it's impossible to get rid of "values" - you still make decisions, regardless. you make these decisions based on something, right?

If you aren't acting compassionately, than this is based on a set of beliefs. still!

I am trying to figure out. Are you saying that enlightened people have no - beliefs, values, opinion, stored knowledge, interpretations? how do they choose what to eat? how do they choose where to work?

every choice is based on something. We move our hands, we open our mouths, we talk to certain people, we do something because of beliefs, stored knowledge etc. We have to make decisions - whether it's action or inaction.

I know I am not qualified to make these assertions, like you've already pointed out, but from what I know it seems pretty logical, right?

An "enlightened" person is free from their programming because they have done the "tapas" work of burning their conditioning up. Dont confuse enlightenment with Leos idea of it, that bullshit will kill you faster than a microwave meal.  The "programming" were trying to get rid of its not the automatic nervous system stuff.  Its the BELIEF that we are a person.  If we believe we are a person we suffer, grow old, die and are deluded like a person.  We are awareness, we just got lost in the identity.

Edited by kurt

@CreativeInertia It's true; you can't not have beliefs and/or values. You replace one belief with another belief, and so on. And we, as selfish and egoic beings, are generally intolerant of other people's beliefs and values. But the more you come into understanding, the less you cling to your own beliefs/values. They don't mean jack shit, and are just as invalid as the guy who believes in Santa.

9 minutes ago, Frogfucius said:

@CreativeInertia It's true; you can't not have beliefs and/or values. You replace one belief with another belief, and so on. And we, as selfish and egoic beings, are generally intolerant of other people's beliefs and values. But the more you come into understanding, the less you cling to your own beliefs/values. They don't mean jack shit, and are just as invalid as the guy who believes in Santa.

You can swap your values around.  If your value conditions you to extrovert you wont realize you are awareness.  All were concerned with in the values realm is getting the mind turned inward calm, peaceful.  If values agitate the mind then they need to go.  This is NOT about making a better ego, its about realizing you are awareness - all your dreams of compassion and egalitarianism and fairness will come true when you realize who you are, dont worry!  But trying to CULTIVATE this is a delusion, because you already ARE that.  Everyone is awareness, there is no point developing yourself because self development rests on relative delusional conceptions that are not really there.  Dont just believe me, do inquiry and rest your mind in the source long enough and you will wake up out of this dream where you think there are any differentiations.  This is all practical, Leo is a very philosophical person who needs his delusions of grandeur and enlightenment theories.  Its all nonsense.

Edited by kurt

1 hour ago, kurt said:

Find a deeper meaning?  LOL, there is no meaning.  Meaning is ego, youre still deluded by the ego but you cant see it.  Youre on here pretending to care or something, youre not actually liberated at all, you just think you are.

The point of what I'm trying to say is to find meaning in your life through your own direct experience. If you want to disagree with me that's fine but most people find that compassion comes naturally as you realize your true nature :)

12 minutes ago, Bebop said:

The point of what I'm trying to say is to find meaning in your life through your own direct experience. If you want to disagree with me that's fine but most people find that compassion comes naturally as you realize your true nature :)

There is no meaning.  And what Ive been saying all along is there is no need to develop into a "sage".  You either dont listen, or you just want to hammer home your point that is actually the same as my point?  

Here is a video for you, that I think you might find useful.

Youre not just an idiot, youre a complete idiot.

Edited by kurt

57 minutes ago, kurt said:

There is no meaning.  And what Ive been saying all along is there is no need to develop into a "sage".  You either dont listen, or you just want to hammer home your point that is actually the same as my point?  

Here is a video for you, that I think you might find useful.

Youre not just an idiot, youre a complete idiot.

I'm very aware of that, thats why I said we are agreeing on the same point but just misunderstanding each other. There is no reason or benefit to be a sage but the idea interests me

@kurt 
So listen you potato.
Let me give you some schoolin which you obviously need.
I am sure that you will start nitpicking all I say the second I press enter on this post, so before you do so, try to catch yourself and contemplate a bit.

You obviously consider yourself either superior in your intelligence and understanding, or in your awareness. Now, you preach that "all is the same, all is awareness, so there is none better than the other blahblahblah". And that sure is nice.
But you don't follow what you preach. You lack integrity. You obviously have some sort of complex that makes you feel inferior to others, resulting in your arrogant and cold-blooded approach. That's ok I am sure you will work that through some day.

What I wanna tell you (and that's gonna be the bottom line of my conversations with you crazy people in this topic), is that even if you are "superior" in a sense that you are more conscious, you don't go about that preaching how everyone is an idiot and nothing they do makes sense.
You, as someone who has sure been in those "un-evolved peasants' shoes", sure as hell know the struggles they are dealing with. Compassion makes much more sense, and the fact that you don't choose compassion over being cold af, points out that it is not a conscious choice. It is highly unconscious. Why? Because if it were conscious, you'd be able to see yourself in the people you consider idiots.

That's it, I wish you find balance in your inner workings. Have a nice evening (well Idk where ur from.. in Europe we got evening =D).

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Remember to keep your discussions civil.

Name-calling is against community guidelines.

Anyone who devolves to name-calling another user will be banned.

Learn how to disagree with people without making it personal, or attacking them.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Truth is that reality is just an illusion.

BUT apparently we can have a discussions. Apparently we have feelings and apparently we can choose to make people feel good or bad.

Buddha or not, it's completely up to you.

Guys the topic was just for fun ahahah. My man @Martin123 was kidding with the Hokage stuff.

Sincerely, even if Leo and other spiritual teachers doesn't stress a lot the point, I think that sense of humor and laughter it's a true sign of an enlightened being, it shows the ability to take the right/healthy distance from the reality. So please, let's hear what OUR H-O-K-A-G-E had just said, let's just have a laughs about the fact that Leo will develop the Sage mode with frogs. If we want to become Hokage we have to work our ass off like Naruto or the temple monks do, the rest will lead us to become useless like Sakura or ego driven like Sasuke. Let's be true members of the Hidden Actualized Village. 

Believe it! ahahah

15491774_10208236343009062_157544449_o.jpg

12 hours ago, Martin123 said:

@kurt 
So listen you potato.
Let me give you some schoolin which you obviously need.
I am sure that you will start nitpicking all I say the second I press enter on this post, so before you do so, try to catch yourself and contemplate a bit.

You obviously consider yourself either superior in your intelligence and understanding, or in your awareness. Now, you preach that "all is the same, all is awareness, so there is none better than the other blahblahblah". And that sure is nice.
But you don't follow what you preach. You lack integrity. You obviously have some sort of complex that makes you feel inferior to others, resulting in your arrogant and cold-blooded approach. That's ok I am sure you will work that through some day.

What I wanna tell you (and that's gonna be the bottom line of my conversations with you crazy people in this topic), is that even if you are "superior" in a sense that you are more conscious, you don't go about that preaching how everyone is an idiot and nothing they do makes sense.
You, as someone who has sure been in those "un-evolved peasants' shoes", sure as hell know the struggles they are dealing with. Compassion makes much more sense, and the fact that you don't choose compassion over being cold af, points out that it is not a conscious choice. It is highly unconscious. Why? Because if it were conscious, you'd be able to see yourself in the people you consider idiots.

That's it, I wish you find balance in your inner workings. Have a nice evening (well Idk where ur from.. in Europe we got evening =D).

But this just goes back to you, did you know that?  :-)  You just spat in your own face without realizing it.  Nothing of what you said is actually true of me, I just said you were an idiot and you accepted that assessment, which is why you felt compelled to puke up this hyperbole and insult yourself because somebody called you an idiot. Such self defeating behaviour, and a budding young therapist too.  I'm glad you are not coaching me, fuck that! xD

Edited by kurt

3 hours ago, kurt said:

But this just goes back to you, did you know that?  :-)  You just spat in your own face without realizing it.  Nothing of what you said is actually true of me, I just said you were an idiot and you accepted that assessment, which is why you felt compelled to puke up this hyperbole and insult yourself because somebody called you an idiot. Such self defeating behaviour, and a budding young therapist too.  I'm glad you are not coaching me, fuck that! xD

Oh I thought you got banned. Damn Im happy to see you, was gonna miss yo ass. Heyyyy ❤️

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123, @Frogfucius, etc...OMG, This thread turned into Mr. Toad's wild ride! I couldn't read all of it, because of my brain injury, and because it went into a strange realm. First to Martin, I'm sorry if I perpetuated the getting off topic thing (I'm a sucker for emotional crisis and Frogfucius seemed really upset). To Frogfucius, I hope one day you will see how much Leo does, and that so much of it is for FREE, and gifted out of genuine compassion for others. I laughed about the Sages being sexy part, just because my silly ego pictures a sage in bad "moo-moo-like" robes with too many bad scarves draped around them acting really pretentious...lol...I want to become one not to be sexy, but for the personal internal benefit...

To everyone else. I have no idea if this thread became pointless or productive...but what I can say is....  if you read the posts with an open mind, you may expand or evolve your own perspectives....I understand that debating is very egoic, that said, I've always appreciated it, simply because it encourages thought, communication, and the exchange of ideas! (Yes, no more name calling! Please work together to encourage self-love in members of this community, LOVE you all!) 

@Epiphany_Inspired I agree, debates can be very good for helping others see different perspectives that they may not be aware of. The problem is when people get too closed minded and emotions get involved, that's when it gets ugly haha