Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diamondpenguin

Self-esteem slaughter

13 posts in this topic

Lol, I tried watching this video, but I couldn't make it past five minutes because my ego is too small handle Leo's ego assault. I have cripplingly low self-esteem so that's why I can't watch these. So my question is: "Why does Leo have to attack the viewer's self-esteem in his videos? " Like why @Leo Gura, I literally cannot watch these videos because it just murders my self-esteem. I have almost no self-esteem in the first place, so like why do you gotta attack people's self-esteems? Is there no other alternative. Like my self-esteem got fucking murdered in five minutes watching this. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Of you have high self-esteem you don’t see people’s words as attacks on your self-esteem. It’s sort of a double bond that you are in.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

I found he comes around really well later in the video.

I suppose, the video will be ready when you are. There's lots of other areas to work on!

Personally, I like these videos I find them humbling.

I sense being humbled is an acquired taste.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Tim R the part where he said everyone schemes and lies and manipulates all the time. I think the reason it hurt, was because it was really true. People only care about the clout, not others. What do you think about it? Does that make sense?

Edited by diamondpenguin

I haven't seen Leo in a while. He seems so full of love. His face is so radiant.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Damn! I never knew it could be this joyful just to stare at him, and pause to grasp the light in his eyes.

@diamondpenguin Ok so tell me if I got this right or not (and I don't know what "clout" means in this context)

You feel attacked in your self esteem because you think that being selfish is equal to being less valuable, less good as a person? And your self esteem is coupled to being a selfless person? And you feel good about your self/ self esteem when you are selfless? 

Only if he could relax his third eye a little bit.

7 hours ago, Tim R said:

@diamondpenguin Ok so tell me if I got this right or not (and I don't know what "clout" means in this context)

You feel attacked in your self esteem because you think that being selfish is equal to being less valuable, less good as a person? And your self esteem is coupled to being a selfless person? And you feel good about your self/ self esteem when you are selfless? 

that's so spot on, you know me better than I know myself. Wow, you are a genius. What do you think would be the solution to that problem?@Tim R

@diamondpenguin There's nothing wrong with selfishness. Just don't overdo it. 

I really mean it, it's okay to be selfish, even if you think that it's not, and even if Leo is always talking about selfishness being the origin of all the evil in the world. And this makes it sound so bad and so very, very judgmental when listening to him and I understand why you would feel attacked. 

But selfishness is not the bad thing you think it is. Ironically, judging selfishness as "bad" is itself selfish. But again, that's not a bad thing. 

Everybody is selfish. It's just as much a natural part of you as your arms and legs and emotions and opinions and desires, etc. It's a part of you. Don't reject yourself.

selfish = bad , selfless = good

What do you suppose happens when you stop making this judgement? I mean what would happen if you stopped making any judgments about selfishness and selflessness altogether? Would that be selfish or selfless? 

"I am selfless and therefore feel good about myself". See the irony? 

"I am selfish and I judge selfishness and myself to be bad". See the irony? 

Rather be selfish and love and accept the selfishness than to be "selfless" and pretend that you're a better person. You're not.

Give yourself the selflessness you need, which is the love and permission to be selfish. And trust yourself, that you will know how selfish you can allow yourself to be and that you won't overdo it. 

Learn to see that in being a little selfish, you are still a good person, you are still worthy and you still deserve to be loved, first and foremost by yourself. 

Don't neglect yourself/selfishness. Love yourself.

you have to realize how bad you are to have any inkling of how amazingly wonderful you are

else it is just smoke and mirrors and one day you will get a rude awakening that you are not all that, and this is hyper painful

have to know the true picture

only then can you truly love yourself

@diamondpenguin

17 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

So my question is: "Why does Leo have to attack the viewer's self-esteem in his videos? "

Do not take it personally. 

He is only speaking to his own projections. When he calls you selfish, he is calling himself selfish, because selfishness is part of what he is. :D

Also, self-esteem cannot be attacked because all self-esteem comes from the self. He might be attacking something else, but you have to evaluate what that is?