Waken

You needn't heal a past or pursue anything, only ever to choose anew

18 posts in this topic

Just sharing my present best feeling thoughts on a subject here. 

There is no need to focus on what's to be healed. It is not needed to focus on recovering traumas or suppressed emotions. It's not needed to fix what happened in a past. There is no need to (focus to) fix your mind, to get your mind in order. It's not necessary to make life happen, to figure out what's true, to manage or fix anything or anyone or to pursue anything in life.

It's about what (reality) you're choosing now. You only ever need to choose the best feeling thought or action in this present now-moment. Just choosing the most, pleasant, relaxing, attractive (which can be a healing method), exciting thing available now. This is not about trying to reach anything, or doing anything fancy, but could just be to take a walk, have a chat, think about something, think a nice thought, relax, or appreciate what's here now. If a negative response to a situation comes up, just think anew. A negative feeling thought, is only an unaligned thought. Reach for a better feeling thought, about the topic itself, or any other topic.

This is the healing, the alignment. What a sweet relief.

Edited by Waken

I agree, but it is easier said than done. Most of our traumatic reactivity has become so automatic that changing it by choosing a new neurologic pathway when the reactivity arises requires serious attention and work.

There are many methods for healing, every one should find what he resonate with the most. And what you are referring to is also a method for healing, only by overriding an automatic response with a new one. This might not work for some, because they will be "under the spell" of the automatic response, unable to override it because the reactivity is too overwhelming. They might find more healing in other method such as processing past traumas, shadow work, or what not.

34 minutes ago, Waken said:

Just sharing my present best feeling thoughts on a subject here. 

There is nothing that needs to be healed. It is not needed to work on recovering traumas or suppressed emotions. It's not needed to fix what happened in a past. There is no need to fix your mind, to get your mind in order. It's not necessary to make life happen, to figure out what's true, to manage or fix anything or anyone or to pursue anything in life.

You only ever need to choose the best feeling thought or action in this present now-moment. Just choosing the most, pleasant, relaxing, attractive, exciting thing available now. This is not about trying to reach anything, or doing anything fancy, but could just be to take a walk, have a chat, think a nice thought, relax, or appreciate what's here now. If a negative response to a situation comes up, just think anew. Reach for a better feeling thought.

This is the healing, the alignment. What a sweet relief.

Very naive and self-deceptive. It doesn't work for moderately to heavily traumatized humans. Another paradox is that to enjoy present activities such as taking a walk in nature, you need to go back to the past, then face and integrate the past horrors. 

@Waken

Feeling the relief. Ahh, feels so good to drop the weight off the shoulders. :x

16 minutes ago, Batman said:

I agree, but it is easier said than done. Most of our traumatic reactivity has become so automatic that changing it by choosing a new neurologic pathway when the reactivity arises requires serious attention and work.

There are many methods for healing, every one should find what he resonate with the most. And what you are referring to is also a method for healing, only by overriding an automatic response with a new one. This might not work for some, because they will be "under the spell" of the automatic response, unable to override it because the reactivity is too overwhelming. They might find more healing in other method such as processing past traumas, shadow work, or what not.

Thank you. I agree, but it is easier done than said. :-) How hard to choose a thought better than the last one? Easy. Yes, I understand it takes some time for negative thought patterns to be replaced by more positive ones, but frankly to me it seems not a big deal at all. You don't also have to now fix all your thoughts, you don't have to change your thoughts about all subjects. Just focus on what goes well, what feels good and the rest will go out of sight very fast. Surprisingly fast at times in my experience. Can take only a matter of minutes in my experience to go from a shitty feeling situation to enthusiasm and well-being.

I've had my share of healing methods (and yes what I shared could be seen as one too). If you believe you really need one, perhaps you'll be guided to some healing methods and that's why I said 'choose the most attractive option', because you might resonate with a certain technique. In my experience, none of them are seen as necessary now, but they can all have their place on peoples path.

Edited by Waken

26 minutes ago, jimwell said:

Very naive and self-deceptive. It doesn't work for moderately to heavily traumatized humans. Another paradox is that to enjoy present activities such as taking a walk in nature, you need to go back to the past, then face and integrate the past horrors.

I think that's a very common perception in spirituality you're expressing, and one I roled into too at a point. Not how I see it anymore. Of course if you can't enjoy a walk in nature, then that's not something that feels good or attractive to someone and therefore not something I said:-) I said focus on what DOES feel best to do, then that will expand and take the focus in your consciousness. No need to go back to any past in my opinion, how could you, it's not even here. Choosing a new vibration now is all that's needed in my understanding, and is a big relief from 'having to fix and heal your past'. I can appreciate your concern ?

23 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Feeling the relief. Ahh, feels so good to drop the weight off the shoulders. :x

Yes it is :x

Edited by Waken

4 minutes ago, Waken said:

No need to go back to any past in my opinion, how could you, it's not even here. What you are is here now, the thoughts causing the negative vibrations are here now, just thinking again is much sweeter to me. Thank you for your concern.

Your past does exist now but not outside you. It exists in your soul whether you are aware of it or not. And the repetitive thoughts which cause negative vibrations sprout from past traumas and horrors. Contemplate what I'm saying and be honest with yourself. I hope eventually, your soul feels permanently better. You seem like a good person. 

18 minutes ago, jimwell said:

Your past does exist now but not outside you. It exists in your soul whether you are aware of it or not. And the repetitive thoughts which cause negative vibrations sprout from past traumas and horrors. Contemplate what I'm saying and be honest with yourself. I hope eventually, your soul feels permanently better. You seem like a good person. 

Thank you. However, I've already said what feels most true for me. In my experience, change your thought, and you change the way you feel and experience

Edited by Waken

29 minutes ago, jimwell said:

The self deception is that there are traumatized humans,  If you give the separate individuals traumas 'to work on ', they'll be happily working on them and uncovering fresh juicy ones for decades.

Instead, realize who you truly are, and the illusion of the separate self falls away,  along with its deceits, traumas being one of them.

5 minutes ago, Waken said:

In my experience, change the way you think, you change the way you feel
Wishing you well

You just can't put a band aid on a very deep wound just because it's too painful and ugly. You need to be brave and take a careful look at the wound so you can thoroughly clean it. It will surely hurt more initially. But that's the proper way. Only then you can put a band aid. The wound will heal fast and it will be better for you. 

9 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

The self deception is that there are traumatized humans,  If you give the separate individuals traumas 'to work on ', they'll be happily working on them and uncovering fresh juicy ones for decades.

Instead, realize who you truly are, and the illusion of the separate self falls away,  along with its deceits, traumas being one of them.

? That's wishful thinking. No amount of spiritual bypassing will heal your wounded soul. Be careful, for you will harm not only yourself, you'll also harm others. 

2 minutes ago, jimwell said:

You just can't put a band aid on a very deep wound just because it's too painful and ugly. You need to be brave and take a careful look at the wound so you can thoroughly clean it. It will surely hurt more initially. But that's the proper way. Only then you can put a band aid. The wound will heal fast and it will be better for you. 

That's a commonly held perspective, yes.

Edited by Waken

What, I thought I was making myself into the perfect specimen of a man? xD

If I have the flu and I get a cough that doesn't go away, doing nothing in this case is continuing to take action, to work and go on like normal. If I decide to take action and take two days to rest and drink hot lemon water, am I taking action or not taking action?

If I'm paddling my kayak down the river with the current and I stay off in the shallows where there is no current and paddle and paddle, am I taking action? or is the decision to move to the center of the stream and ride the current, taking action or releasing action? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Waken Been realizing the same thing lately.

It's funny how people don't see the power and simplicity of this message.

Only a fool would "work on traumas" rather than this. 9_9

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@mandyjw Hmm.. seems that your point isn't getting through here :P. Am I taking action or not taking action in those cases.. hmm.. I'll go with both are just thoughts. Although the action that has most resistance in it might feel more like action, but that is probably not your point:-).  Btw, just put on a video of you, made me smile.

@Nahm Ha yes. How bold and irresponsible this message is haha :x

@roopepa Very true. My perspective has been shifting lately to the better feeling thought (about a topic), is a better reality (about a topic). We humans sure have a thing for complicating life, don't we. It's nice to rediscover simple

Edited by Waken

@Waken I've been thinking the same way lately. 

I do think visiting past memories has healing potential. It gives you a possible explanation of your conditioning and pattern, helps you create a compassionate relationship with yourself and for many people it helps to bring up emotions that apparently can get stuck in the body. 

But ultimately, I think you're right. It's easy to reinforce the belief that you are somehow broken and need to fix your past if you think you have to find THE root of your trauma. If you find yourself falling into that trap it may be a good idea to ask yourself if you're wasting precious time instead of focusing on what you are actually experiencing in the present moment.

@Farnaby Thank you. I agree with you there and didn't intend to invalidate the idea of a healing method although I suppose it may have sounded like that. Choosing the best feeling thing in the moment can include a healing method. I edited the post to make that clear now. Yeah this 'I am wounded and in order to feel better I need to fix my past' feels quite heavy doesn't it :P. What a beliefs we humans choose to carry around

5 hours ago, Chris365 said:

You are assuming that Enlightenment dissolve the mind and all past traumas at an instant, or you are basing it on your experience? Even after repeated Enlightenments, in the relative you remain a human organism with a conceptual self, and probably some life story that gives context to your present experience. Enlightenment is not transformation, although it empowers transforming for sure. But deeply rooted core beliefs or self views does not evaporate like snapping fingers. It usually takes serious work to get rid of core assumptions that flavor and color experience with tastes and shades of negativity and hindrance.