Vido

Leo, can you give me your input on David hawkin's Calibration scale

12 posts in this topic

I read it but since I don't want to make this system an ideology, how can I understand it and realise it for myself

Is it even true or real?

Any person's input is much appriciated

Thats what Leo thinks about his scale

Don't take all this hearsay too seriously.

David Hawkins calibrated Ben Shapiro above left-wingers, so...

His consciousness model is interesting and somewhat useful, but I would not conflate it with Cook-Greuter's work. They are very different.

Any model that tries to map consciousness on a linear scale is extremely problematic. Conscious states are not at all linear or one-dimension

He was enlightened, but he also had some silly ideas like his praising of Ben Shapiro and right-wing American Exceptionalism.

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

2 minutes ago, undeather said:

Thats what Leo thinks about his scale

@undeather

Thank you so much! That helps a lot!

That scale is a dangerous thing epistemically since there is now way you can validate it yourself. Actually you can invalidate it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura That's what I was thinking! BEcause there is no way I can directly experience it for myself.

Thanks for the input 

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That scale is a dangerous thing epistemically since there is now way you can validate it yourself. Actually you can invalidate it.

you can validate it using muscle testing, according to him it is his pinnacle discovery, all his talks demonstrate this technique, many talks are on yt

also, the scale is log not linear ... only 4% of people reach 500 and 0.4% reach 560 which is unconditional love ... 600 i believe is a 1 in 800 likelihood

i myself do have a few doubts about the whole thing but overall i do find his work useful and compelling ...

Edited by gettoefl

14 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

you can validate it using muscle testing, according to him

That's the whole problem: according to him.

According to a psycho the psycho is valid.

If you actually try to validate his scale using your direct experience you will see it won't work. And other people will get various results that contradict his scale. So who is right?

Just the idea that you can map people on a simplistic 1-dimensional scale is absurd. That's not how things work. Consciousness cannot be mapped 1-dimensionally and any attempt to do so is going to result in absurdity and error.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness cannot be mapped 1-dimensionally and any attempt to do so is going to result in absurdity and error.

How to best map it?

1 hour ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

How to best map it?

Best to become God ;)

https://www.realizedbygrace.org

This guy works with the scale if you are curious. 

Interestingly he says that people who use psychedelics have an unstable LOC :

"I had many people approached me regularly to give them RASA. Many of them had regularly used psychedelic or recreational drugs before. I noticed a certain patter between regular users of these drugs. Their spiritual energy is not stable. Sometimes it is hard to assess their LOC. This is especially true for naive younger seekers who are probably susceptible to the drug’s influence."

@Vido I like his model alot. Not for using it as a map for enlightenment but more as a map for the feelings themselves and how they interact with each other. The problems one might face when these feelings are let go of and how to untie those problem knots make that map a valuable spiritual tool to have. Based on my own life the map seems pretty accurate but as with all maps they are not to be confused to being the truth itself. ?

8 hours ago, knakoo said:

"I had many people approached me regularly to give them RASA. Many of them had regularly used psychedelic or recreational drugs before. I noticed a certain patter between regular users of these drugs. Their spiritual energy is not stable. Sometimes it is hard to assess their LOC. This is especially true for naive younger seekers who are probably susceptible to the drug’s influence."

This is some serious bullshit.

The reason it's unstable is because you cannot map consciousness on any 1D scale.