cypres

To what extent do you feel other people's pain?

20 posts in this topic

If enlightenment means realizing you are everyone and everything else, doesn't it mean we would be in pain whenever we saw another part of the world in pain?

I rarely see people talk about that aspect, and I wonder if it's because this is more the emotional center of enlightenment and people here are more mentally oriented and focused (or maybe I have just missed it).

Let's not praise pain. I can feel what others feel 1 on 1 if i want. But doing it too much are consequences. Better to focus on self. 

And yes, pain is also kind of a mind construct. You can tell yourself it doesn't hurt and the pain will cease. This is how the body works in reality. Is a fine tuned machine, controlled by thought, not the other way around. 

Singer

14™

11 minutes ago, cypres said:

@Goldzilla  I'm not encouraging to praise pain, but asking if it isn't an implication of realizing oneness.

And controlling how you feel by telling yourself how to feel must be a special case, not the rule. That it is possible doesn't make it accessible.

Do you think feelings are there like something random? It's only random for those who sleep. Once you awake, any feeeling has it's roots in thought, not the other way around. 

So i'm not saying to control the feeling, because only controlling thought can control that. The thing is specifically with pain, painless state is the natural way. Having pain has it's roots in having a bad attitude. 

So, without controlling thought individuals will experience pain only if they have been programmed by society to see pain in a certain way. Otherwise, pain only arises as a survival mechanism, accident or having a bad attitude about reality, doing stuff that is not truth or believing too many lies will bring pain as a survival mechanism. 

Hope this explanation is more clear

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

Compassion can only go so far. It's a good gesture, but our experience is ours, and ours alone.

You may think you feel someone's pain, but it's at a very limited degree. Pain is unique to each individual.

Cannot be explained the awakened state. Nor this conceptualization of pain. I know what pain is, that's why i speak about it. I don't have the need to feel the suffering of others, that in itself is bias. Thinking you will se me in you is just another concept. I have a different configuration than anyone else on the planet. We are only one in essence, not in configuration, not in feeling, not in "thought". From an awakened perspective i'm sovereign entity above anything else. And all of you are when you awaken. Until awakening, human being is just that, a walking dead. Not to blame here nothing. Just posting what is real or not. 

Namaste

Singer

14™

8 hours ago, Windappreciator said:

@Goldzilla Do you also feel their pain?

4948261418001-680878.jpg

Omg, what is wrong with you showing this kind of pictures? 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

16 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

@Goldzilla What's wrong with you contributing to this violence?

@Windappreciator

10 hours ago, Windappreciator said:

@Goldzilla i can sense all the trauma in that picture or even a space wich had been people mistreated, so is no joke for me, not funny to have this kind of senses sometimes. 

Singer

14™

Ya I feel pain of people around me.  The thing is though, as of late I have had no choice but to be around so many people in so much pain that I don't even notice anymore, and I believe this might be the way it is for most people.  

9 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

@Goldzilla

Then why do you contribute to that stuff? 

i dont. i eat eggs.cheese,milk.honey,fruit

Singer

14™

8 minutes ago, Goldzilla said:

i dont. i eat eggs.cheese,milk.honey,fruit

Then you in fact do.

21 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

Then you in fact do.

care to elaborate?

Singer

14™

I can feel it like it's mine. Like it's literally happening to me as they're sharing.

But it's not necessarily that way. I can also feel nothing. Just listen.

15 hours ago, Windappreciator said:

If you're interested, it's free here: https://www.dominionmovement.com/watch

Well yeah indeed, this barbarism is true. This being the reason of having my own farm, eggs, dairy, honey, vegetables. I don't like seeing them suffering, that's why i use my own animal byproducts. My animals run free in a huge backyard on the countryside and they live until very old age. I even have a graveyard for my animals. 

Singer

14™

I experience other people’s pain as localized anxiety in my back. It’s feels like all of the sensations of anxiety, but all harnessed in one little spot in my back (potentially my spine). It’s a very sensitive area for me so whenever I experience someone’s pain I can’t help but push it away. But I think feeling other people’s pain can manifest in multiple ways. This is just how it registers in me physically. But emotionally, mentally, or psychologically speaking, it’s different of course.