Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shmurda

I was radicalized by climate activists

13 posts in this topic

All those days I wondered, why can't other people see the truth. 

We're all going to die because we didn't act on climate change. 

We need overthrow the current system in order to enact the radical changes necessary to adapt to climate disruption. 

I started to notice that the views I was expressing had a strong emotional element. This was about the children, the future, the terror and the suffering of the great wall of fire that is about to consume us.

At the same time I was looking at people's emotional responses to, for example, MAGA or Black Lives Matter, and thinking about how easily these people are being manipulated by emotional triggers. All the while I had no idea that I myself was viewing the climate crisis through an emotionally charged lens. 

Don't get me wrong, we are suffering an ecological breakdown heavily influenced by human activity. 

The trick, however is to notice that the left wing media and many activists and commentators are using the crisis to trigger emotional responses and recruit people to their cause. Just like MAGA, BLM, Alex Jones, Ben Shapiro, Fox News. It's the same phenomena, but from a stage green perspective. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

Climate changes when people change. Only a few know this.

Singer

14™

On 04/08/2021 at 4:18 PM, Shmurda said:

All those days I wondered, why can't other people see the truth. 

We're all going to die because we didn't act on climate change. 

We need overthrow the current system in order to enact the radical changes necessary to adapt to climate disruption. 

I started to notice that the views I was expressing had a strong emotional element. This was about the children, the future, the terror and the suffering of the great wall of fire that is about to consume us.

At the same time I was looking at people's emotional responses to, for example, MAGA or Black Lives Matter, and thinking about how easily these people are being manipulated by emotional triggers. All the while I had no idea that I myself was viewing the climate crisis through an emotionally charged lens. 

Don't get me wrong, we are suffering an ecological breakdown heavily influenced by human activity. 

The trick, however is to notice that the left wing media and many activists and commentators are using the crisis to trigger emotional responses and recruit people to their cause. Just like MAGA, BLM, Alex Jones, Ben Shapiro, Fox News. It's the same phenomena, but from a stage green perspective. 

@Shmurda Couldn't be more accurate.

Stage Green does it from a balanced, non-manipulative perspective as well. But the above is quite common as well and is definitely worth highlighting.

Edited by captainamerica

18 hours ago, Goldzilla said:

Climate changes when people change. Only a few know this.

Really? I thought it was common knowledge by now that climate change is a mostly human caused phenomenon. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

Yup. You can swing dangerously far to the left into violence and extremism, just like with the far right.

I think to reach stage yellow of spiral dynamics, you need to realize that both sides have their own merits and value to offer, but on the other hand, they're both kinda fucked up as well.

My Ninja,

There is no such thing as not being emotionally triggered via or invested into your identity.

Edited by Windappreciator

17 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

My Ninja,

There is no such thing as not being emotionally triggered via or invested into your identity.

But he is not talking about that. 

He is talking about choosing the wrong identity and  manipulation of others into choosing the wrong identity. Not reaction generated via identity. 

Being radicalized and being emotionally triggered are two very different things. 

Edited by captainamerica

8 minutes ago, Yarco said:

Yup. You can swing dangerously far to the left into violence and extremism, just like with the far right.

To add to that, it's absolutely possible for a superficial veneer of Green to be co-opted by Red, like a Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

And while this isn't nearly as prevalent with contemporary Green as it is with Blue (Trump being the perfect empowerment of Red co-opting naive Blue), someone like Jim Jones and The People's Temple Cult is an instructive case study of example of how a similar sort of dynamic can play out among Green.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

22 minutes ago, captainamerica said:

But he is not talking about that. 

He is talking about choosing the wrong identity and  manipulation of others into choosing the wrong identity. Not reaction generated via identity. 

Being radicalized and being emotionally triggered are two very different things. 

I don't see that 

They go hand in hand.

The level of emotionality and type of identity and shadow and so on... Bla bla bla...

13 hours ago, Windappreciator said:

I don't see that 

They go hand in hand.

The level of emotionality and type of identity and shadow and so on... Bla bla bla...

One can choose from many identities depending on his level of understanding, environment, peers, etc.

One can also choose from a broad range of emotional responses in relation to his/her identity. (mature, immature, skillful, victim, manipulation, terror, etc.)

@Shmurda here is talking about the former. Some identities themselves are based on falsehood. As such, there is no broad range of emotional responses there. Those identities come with default manipulation, terror, violent states. So he is talking about identity.

Even if there is a shift it is because of a change in understanding. Moving to a different identity due to better understanding and moving away from falsehood. It does not happen that such radicalized identity remains and the emotions get mellowed down. There is no peaceful terrorist (right or left). So from that perspective again he is talking about identity itself.

I believe it is just a simple misunderstanding bro. No problem. :)

Edited by captainamerica

Green is not free from ideology.

So watch out. If you consume too much Green media content you will become radicalized and foolish. And you will start to believe your farts don't stink.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@captainamerica

You don't really choose your emotional responses towards your identity. The strength of attachment towards it determines that and there comes shadow into play and introspection and learning from mistakes and so on...

You don't really choose your identity according to your understanding. You choose it according to whatever you feel into. Understanding can play a role in it if you're emotionally wise invested in understanding purely, it can be used to transcend, yes.

It is true that certain inabilities of understand something, may leave you out of corresponding values.

But that's not broadly the case for first stage philosophy. It's mostly emotional hinderences.

I don't really disagree with you, it just doesn't sound enough to me.

On 8/5/2021 at 3:09 PM, Shmurda said:

Really? I thought it was common knowledge by now that climate change is a mostly human caused phenomenon. 

Yeah, is a human made phenomenon. Have a society with good knowledge and education about how weather works and the influence of stress in the masses about the weather. 

Take this pandemic, mass panic, mas weather change. Do you see my point? It does more harm to weather having people thinking in a way than the weather itself. 

We are Gods, is not this sufficient to see the bias problems in the world? Can the weather be changed through electromacnetic gadgets or simply thought and mass thought? YES! 

Want to solve climate change? Change the believes in people about climate change. Influence the masses to think a certain ways, all sorts of catastrophies happen, from climate to disease, to social aberations.

The problem is not only the smog and chemicals. They are only a fraction of the problem. 

Lately we have so many climate catastrophies because media inculcated the idea that all this will go to hell, and every day killings, rain, snow, bla bla bla, this is the main problem of society, the root of the problem. 

Don't believe this? Have it your way then. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™