Cammy

Your Internal Voice - What The Hell Is It?

30 posts in this topic

All cause your Mom read and talked to you when you were a kid. That BITCH! xD

There is such a thing as channeling, and it starts as the awareness that you are not thinking the thoughts you are aware of. You can see the similarity to meditation when you're told "these are clouds, they aren't you, you are the sky". Only, rather than sitting and being aware of clouds, with channeling they are usually being expressed, sometimes powerfully and prolifically when the resistance to it is dropped. 

Sometimes we channel, and sometimes when there is a lot of resistance it acts as repression, intrusive thoughts or if religious devilish or demonic influence. Or, in enlightenment circles you just swap the story of the demon or devil for the story of ego. It is only ever our own resistance. You know how a lot of websites ask for your permission to send notifications? Because you are the creator of the website you don't need permission, but also you do. So you may receive notifications anyway, but if you're thinking they are spam, or a computer virus you miss the message. It's not the message it's your interpretation of the message. An unread message is already interpreted or "read" as trash. Sometimes the resistance is just an unwillingness to really look at and really "see" the message. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

15 hours ago, LastThursday said:

My condolences. I understand how difficult it is when a parent passes away.

I wouldn't consider subvocalising when reading to be thought per se, it's just a mechanical action. It may trigger thoughts though, such as images, feelings and so on. It may even trigger further subvocalising which has nothing to do with what you're reading, so that would be a form of thought.

Thought is a complex interplay of many different experiences, subvocalising is just one aspect. If you think about it, you could also think visually in words, it needn't be auditory. For example people who spell visually (in their mind's eye), are often better spellers than those that do it auditorily. They are thinking visually in words.

Yeah you know what, I have noticed that. Thoughts do appear as a separate sensation if you will, during reading. Almost like above or behind the sub vocalization. Yes I actually will sometimes need to visually represent the words in my mind when spelling and listening to others under certain circumstances. Its very useful for spelling. Its also funny you pointed out the aspects. During Martial Arts training tonight, I actually noticed how my mind runs multiple layers of thinking at a time. There are aspects of thinking that represent what i am hearing or listening to the instructor sometimes subvocalizing repeating after him, what i am seeing thinking about exactly what i see and visualize in my mind, and interpreting the concept of the techniques, thought aspects of observing those around me which is different from just the seeing of them its almost analyzing like, as well as an additional layer monitoring my own body, All at the same time. It complex AF lol.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

I sometimes play with simple thoughts like "now i'm going to raise my arm" and proceed to not raise my arm, and "now i'm going to raise my arm" and raise my arm, and try to see what the difference is. I think the thought in which i try to lie to myself about rising my arm already tells me that i'm not going to raise my arm. I can't trick myself if i know i'm going to trick myself xD

I also don't subvocalize while i'm reading, it seems to slow my reading down when i try it. I've noticed that if i sing in my head, i can feel the muscles in my mouth doing something.

The thinking isn't the so-called issue, its the identification as the thinker.

Ego = identification

Like someone already mentioned, the subtle habitual self-referential thinking has been going on for so long it's not even noticed. A self-perpetuating wheel of identification.... like a stray cat, as long as you keep feeding it, it keeps coming back.

There is nothing right or wrong with this thought identification and to label it as such would just be a conditioned concept.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 10/08/2021 at 3:53 AM, Kamo said:

It complex AF lol.

Yes. 

Where does thought end? Say you saw a familiar person in the street. You walk up to them and no, they're someone else. Was that familiar person just a thought or was it your reality at that point? What's the difference between thought and reality?

All stories and explanations are false.

2 hours ago, LastThursday said:

What's the difference between thought and reality?

On 8/8/2021 at 9:33 PM, LastThursday said:

I think it's different. If you see a person on the street, functions are activated in you, such as recognition, feeling of friend or not, etc., very real in the sense of your human self. Another thing is that while you are walking you are veiled by the constant chatter in the background, and when you see that person the chatter analyze, speculate, hesitate. that talk is a grip on the ego due to the insecurity he feels, he is not able to trust his instinct since social interaction castrates him from the beginning, and replaces it with arbitrary conventions

Edited by Breakingthewall

11 hours ago, LastThursday said:

Yes. 

Where does thought end? Say you saw a familiar person in the street. You walk up to them and no, they're someone else. Was that familiar person just a thought or was it your reality at that point? What's the difference between thought and reality?

Well thought is a subset within reality. You gotta have a reality before you can have a thought. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

You want to know what this "bla bla bla" thing is? That's asking for more bla bla bla. Try grounding in the body and unknowing every facet of your experience. You can only know the mind if you know the body (energy). The mind is one of the most subtle forms of energetic awareness. It's better to instantly go to this holistic approach rather than dissecting. Thats the only way to know the wholeness of yourself. 

On 9/8/2021 at 0:40 PM, tsuki said:

Actually, his response was very good. If you want to take conscious ownership of the voice, you should learn to identify where it comes from (who is responsible for the beliefs its articulates).

And yes, the most persistent parts of the voice actually come from your mother, since she was there with you when you were the youngest.

Holy shit I guess he was being serious in the end! I take back what I said to mr Wind 

I think now i know what internal dialogue is. it is a simulation of conversation with another person, since the ego is the relative self. It is in relation to others. it cannot be alone. So when you are alone, pretend to talk to someone imaginary, to continue existing.

Edited by Breakingthewall