Hulk

the word God!

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Don't you think using the word such as God is problematic? when you communicate with people! as long as you are a social animal, you live with people. when you say I am God or you are God words create communication problems. instead we can say I am enlightened, I am awakened, I am the image of God, I am servant of God, etc. what is the purpose of using the word god if it did not refer anything? if evey bit of thing in the universe is God, what is the point of saying, it is God? if ant is God, Mario, human, animals, plant, microbes, everthing in the universe is God, what is the word god refer? nothing. it become useless word in human dictionary. I don't appreciate people use the word God. what if we swap the whole dictionary words in to different words? how are we gonna communicate? words and language here in actualized.org are used in Gentiles ways. it makes them unSpritual and unscientific. actualized.org has created its own culture here. one of the essense of spirituality is not to be attached and absorbed by culture. culture only makes humans a trained animals. so how do you see language and words? 

Edited by Hulk
Punctuation and missing statements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Hulk said:

Don't you think using the word such as God is problematic? when you communicate with people! as long as you are a social animal, you live with people. when you say I am God or you are God words create communication problems. instead we can say I am enlightened, I am awakened, I am the image of God, I am servant of God, etc. what is the purpose of using the word god if it did not refer anything? if evey bit of thing in the universe is God, what is the point of saying, it is God? if ant is God, Mario, human, animals, plant, microbes, everthing in the universe is God, what is the word god refer? nothing. it become useless word in human dictionary. I don't appreciate people use the word God. what if we swap the whole dictionary words in to different words? how are we gonna communicate? words and language here in actualized.org are used in Gentiles ways. it makes them unSpritual and unscientific. actualized.org has created its own culture here. one of the essense of spirituality is not to be attached and absorbed by culture. culture only makes humans a trained animals. so how do you see language and words? 

why do we talk to each other, here is what nisargadatta says

"

My heart wants you awake. I see you suffer in your

dream and I know that you must wake up to end your woes. When you see your dream as dream,

you wake up. But in your dream itself I am not interested. Enough for me to know that you must

wake up. You need not bring your dream to a definite conclusion, or make it noble, or happy, or

beautiful; all you need is to realise that you are dreaming. Stop imagining, stop believing. See the

contradictions, the incongruities, the falsehood and the sorrow of the human state, the need to go

beyond. Within the immensity of space floats a tiny atom of consciousness and in it the entire

universe is contained.

"

the word god is off putting to some, so i use words like existence, life, reality, this here now, ...

 

you are absolute all-one awareness not concept creating consciousness

 

here now reality not space time relativity

Edited by gettoefl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is the famous story of Mansur al-Hallaj who said “an’al haq” or I am the truth, which many people saw as a claim to divinity. He was not killed for this, the judge claimed that religious inspiration was beyond his remit. But in the end his enemies made sure that he was executed for his religious views. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Hallaj


“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bodhitree said:

There is the famous story of Mansur al-Hallaj who said “an’al haq” or I am the truth, which many people saw as a claim to divinity. He was not killed for this, the judge claimed that religious inspiration was beyond his remit. But in the end his enemies made sure that he was executed for his religious views. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Hallaj

know you are god don't say you are god for the apparatus which says he is god that is not god

god will never have to tell you i am god

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Hulk said:

Don't you think using the word such as God is problematic?

It's a double-edged sword. All words have their uses, but they're all map and no territory. The word "God" has a lot of map! But substituting a less loaded word like "awareness", "consciousness" or "everything" which are less frequently used is more likely to be misunderstood. "God" is what it says on the tin, everyone has an understanding of it.

6 hours ago, Hulk said:

everthing in the universe is God, what is the word god refer? nothing. it become useless word in human dictionary.

I agree 100%. Making God synonymous with everything is stupid, because it explains exactly nothing (if all you're doing is looking for an explanation of God that is). I journalled about it here:

In short God is not "everything" it's more or different than that.

Edited by LastThursday

Consiousness is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LastThursday I think you’ll find the understanding of God is quite culturally bound. In places where Christianity is the only major religion, most people will assume you mean the Cristian God, but in India people are likely to ask, which God? And among those with a more sophisticated understanding of science and the balls to live by that, there will be the response that omnipotence is bullshit. 


“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Bodhitree I absolutely agree.

As I say it's a very loaded word, without a universal meaning - but everyone knows a God. When Leo uses it he risks the danger of folks overlaying their own interpretations and obscuring his own very specific meaning.  Leo's God has a very monotheistic flavour, probably born of a blend of the God of the Abrahamic religions and non-duality/solipsism - his own culture has biased this (that's just my interpretation, it's interpretations all the way down!).

Interestingly, Abrahamic monotheism probably originates with the Egyptian pharoah Akhenaten and the worship of the Sun God Ra. There's no reason for one God or many Gods: non-duality is not about counting Gods.

It was probably Michelangelo that is responsible for the depiction of (the Christian) God as an old bearded man in the sky. Art has a lot to answer for.

The idea of God or Gods being in the sky is also probably very ancient and indeed is encoded in Indo-European languages in words such as: deus, dios, divine, day, zeus, theism. These words all originate with a word meaning sky.

Edited by LastThursday

Consiousness is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. God leads to some of the "enlightened nonsense" you find around here, especially with people falling into solipsism. 

"I'm God, the alpha and the omega, the infinite, and you are all my creations."

Yawn. 

For every one mind that awakens, ten more slip deeper into the dream. 

There are better words to describe infinite reality. Being. Stillness. Presence. Love. That-Which-Is. The Real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OneHandClap there's nothing more the ego loves than to become a God incarnate.


Consiousness is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

@OneHandClap there's nothing more the ego loves than to become a God incarnate.

Absolutely. It's one of the major reasons psychiatric wards find people coming in who claim they are Christ or must carry out their divine will as God. It is the ultimate level-up and amphetamine to the ego :)

Those who are serious about this path, of course, will learn to see beyond the words themselves. They are just shapes, images, sounds, ideas. The reality they describe is where the real fun is at, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

I agree. God leads to some of the "enlightened nonsense" you find around here, especially with people falling into solipsism. 

"I'm God, the alpha and the omega, the infinite, and you are all my creations."

Yawn. 

For every one mind that awakens, ten more slip deeper into the dream. 

There are better words to describe infinite reality. Being. Stillness. Presence. Love. That-Which-Is. The Real. 

Well said. It's absolutely true that we live in touch with the dream, and it is infrequent that the dream is inspired by those things beyond our ken. Other, more capable parts of the cosmic mind. More often we are driven by old impulses, drives, desires, and they lead us a merry dance as we seek to examine ourselves. The buddhist sage Bodhidharma spent ten years staring at a cave wall, searching for enlightenment. In the end he said, if you can understand the mind, all else is included. 


“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

The reality they describe is where the real fun is at, right? 

Reality is God right? xD

But that's just word games, equating one word with another. That's all that "explanation" ever is. You're right, to get anywhere in this game you need to work without words.

5 minutes ago, Bodhitree said:

The buddhist sage Bodhidharma spent ten years staring at a cave wall,

Who needs TV?

Edited by LastThursday

Consiousness is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Symbolic language is inherently problematic. Beyond the word God... We all have unique data bases...

Have you ever read a book on a subject and then had to argue with a fool who never studied that subject at all?


"Now here's the Sun and it's alright, Now here's the Moon and It's alright..But every-time you close your eyes... Lies" -Arcade Fire Rebellion

Personal Growth Vlog - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzVkdPNRrNT7SN1aoco2MdA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could say the same thing about the word human.

What is the point of using the word human when you are actually God?

You're just playing word games. ;)


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I could say the same thing about the word human.

What is the point of using the word human when you are actually God?

You're just playing word games. ;)

in terms of self identity there are two levels

what do i know myself to be

what do i tell you that i be

second i need to be careful since as well as being god, i know i am a dream character too

i need to assess your level of consciousness before i communicate to you

what can you handle, what will be beneficial to you, what will advance our interaction assuming that is needed

i say the least amount of self identity the better

it keeps us equals

and indeed that is what we are - illusory appearances and arbitrary labels notwithstanding

Edited by gettoefl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you inserted me into your dream to point you to the truth of who you are

as for me i am g-o-d- gotten-outside-dreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What is the point of using the word human when you are actually [the word] God?

We're all playing word games. But it can't be helped, we're on a forum.


Consiousness is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I could say the same thing about the word human.

Human is a word we used everyday for humans. 

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What is the point of using the word human when you are actually God?

If I am God and you tell me,  I am God that is mockery. 

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You're just playing word games. ;)

Don't you think words have significance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hulk said:

@Leo Gura

Human is a word we used everyday for humans. 

If I am God and you tell me,  I am God that is mockery. 

Don't you think words have significance?

one of my twitter follows this evening

dh.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gettoefl said:

one of my twitter follows this evening

dh.jpg

This seems accurate. People hate the example, but those who have spent their lives meditating in caves and monasteries don't feel any need to call themselves the Absolute. Declaring yourself to be that thing is the very act of dualistic creation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now