spinderella

"My" consciousness

14 posts in this topic

I was doing a little contemplation on my body because I noticed that I was criticizing it.  I decided that I want to live life with great appreciation for this perfect, miraculous body apparatus.  

So I was writing out statements that resonated with the vibration of "appreciation".  And on my 10th statement, I wrote....

"This body is giving my consciousness an experience of consciousness". 

And I think I've tied my brain in a knot.

Like, is "MY consciousness" even a thing?  If my mind, all the contents of it, including all thoughts and every possible thing in the universe IS consciousness, is "this body apparatus that is consciousness" allowing consciousness to experience consciousness?

And when I say that this body is giving my consciousness an experience of consciousness, what do I even mean by "my consciousness"?  Am I falsely identifying myself as my mind, or soul, or some THING that is separate from consciousness?

Welcome to strange loops ;)

It's a feature, not a bug.

Your body is not giving you anything. The body is actually imagined by the Mind. And Mind has nothing beneath it. There is only Mind.

Mind = Consciousness

In your dreams, the body is as imaginary as all the other objects. Dreaming is not done by a body, the body is a dream!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura And the body is also consciousness, right?  Since an imagined thing (or dream, which is basically a thought) would also be consciousness...

EDIT:  So wait - since everything besides consciousness is imagined by the mind (which = consciousness), everything is a dream.  And therefore, everything is consciousness.  

Edited by spinderella

@spinderella Yes, yes :) <3 Your body is consciousness, everything you experience is consciousness. It is all ONE. Without consciousness (aka awareness) you would not be able to experience anything. 

8 hours ago, spinderella said:

Amazing <3 

, what do I even mean by "my consciousness"? 

The thing that makes you alive or 'awake'– your awareness, the thing that "turns the lights on", the first and only thing you have ever experienced– is your consciousness. It's infinitely you. God. Love. 

Edited by Gianna

I think it is so beautiful that you reached this realization by choosing to love your body instead of criticizing it. That's how it's done, always. Through Love. Good for you girl! Keep going!!! <3 

@spinderella  "MY consciousness" is not a thing. Consciousness is impersonal. It is the thing from which personhood (and everything else) arises. However, "MY awareness" is more accurate (but still untrue). Awareness is a perspective that occurs within consciousness.

Awareness is the ability to focus and differentiate "things" out of consciousness. "Your" body is a form of awareness, as it allows for seeing, hearing, breathing, etc. In a sense, it is a contraction of consciousness that you experience as a perspective.

I am putting pronouns in quotation marks, as awareness is actually the reason for the illusion of separateness. Because you are aware, reality appears as if you were the center of it. Therefore, it is the precondition of the appearance of the separate self ("mine", "yours", etc). Awareness is not "yours", because awareness precedes "you".

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Leo Gura And the body is also consciousness, right?  Since an imagined thing (or dream, which is basically a thought) would also be consciousness...

EDIT:  So wait - since everything besides consciousness is imagined by the mind (which = consciousness), everything is a dream.  And therefore, everything is consciousness.  

Of course.

Physical objects like your hands are just a denser layer of imagination than the domain of your thoughts.

But if you were able to become conscious enough to break through into the physical layer, you could literally reimagine how your hands look. If you become conscious enough, your hand could become a monster's paw -- since the difference is imaginary. At which point you would be so freaked out you'd think you'd gone insane and you would beg God to give you your old state of mind back.

See, your sanity is your bottleneck. It's fear of insanity that keeps you human, otherwise you'd have already turned yourself into a kangaroo and hopped away.

What do you think a kangaroo is? It's you minus all attachments to being human!

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you become conscious enough, you hand could become a monster's paw.

Well, that's all the motivation need B|

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

1 minute ago, RickyFitts said:

Well, that's all the motivation need B|

Be careful what you wish for.

Losing your mind is about as terrifying an experience as there can be.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But if you were able to become conscious enough to break through into the physical layer, you could literally reimagine how your hands look.

Would a person with a very high state of consciousness be able to change something like his/her hand and make this change permament after the peak state wears off?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

4 hours ago, nistake said:

This insight always helps me: Consciousness doesn't occur in my body, my body occurs in consciousness.

?

@spinderella 

Nice contemplation. Now, since you stumbled upon it conceptually, seat in meditation posture and investigate the direct experience with closed eyes:

• what is a thought?
• how far I can go with "my" attention? Is there any limit? 
• is there any borders, separation in the direct experience?
• who am I?

Just use the attention, try to switch the focus from thinking to a deep breathing for example, relax fully and find the source of "I"-thinking. Good luck ;)    

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Losing your mind is about as terrifying an experience as there can be.

Becoming more conscious can entail losing your mind? 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

16 hours ago, spinderella said:

So I was writing out statements that resonated with the vibration of "appreciation".  And on my 10th statement, I wrote....

Thinking about it, I'm thinking this statement isn't quite accurate - would it not be more accurate to say that this body is giving your consciousness an experience of embodied consciousness? It's possible to have an out-of-body experience, of course, meaning, presumably, that the body isn't actually necessary for us to have experiences.

Edited by RickyFitts